Comics The Amazing Spider-Man 616 general discussion

The_Kid_Who_Collects_Spider-Man.jpg

I read that last night as well, and that was a really touching story. I remember seeing it adapted into the 90s animated series, but it was about a girl who was dying and got involved in this whole scheme with Doctor Octopus.

The first half of the comic book was pretty bad unfortunately, as it involved the villain called "Thunderball."

I haven't read anything from "The Wrecking Crew," and I never heard of them before, so it's it felt a little random to me as I was reading it. The guy got his wrench which held his power and then he turned back into "Thunderball."

Are there any good comics with "The Wrecking Crew" that you would recommend for me?

I haven't read anything from "The Wrecking Crew," and I never heard of them before, so it's it felt a little random to me as I was reading it. The guy got his wrench which held his power and then he turned back into "Thunderball."

Are there any good comics with "The Wrecking Crew" that you would recommend for me?

They're in a lot of old Thor comics.

They're absolute best moment was the Avengers: Under Siege storyline by Roger Stern and John Buscema. They were part of new version of the Masters of Evil that led a major attack on Avengers Mansion and the Wrecking Crew put a nasty beatdown on Hercules. It's a classic Avengers story. Read that and you'll see why Bendis drove most longtime Avengers fans batty.

The_Kid_Who_Collects_Spider-Man.jpg

I read that last night as well, and that was a really touching story. I remember seeing it adapted into the 90s animated series, but it was about a girl who was dying and got involved in this whole scheme with Doctor Octopus.

The first half of the comic book was pretty bad unfortunately, as it involved the villain called "Thunderball."

another touching and sad story was in the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Annual #1 entitled "Leah", which was a six page sory written by Peter David and drawn by Colleen Doran... this one was about a homeless little five year old girl living in the alleys... I'm not ashamed to admit that this one actually made me tear up...

tumblr_mwsm3e27wy1sjthe2o2_r1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds sad, but it sounds like something that I have to read.

Has anyone read the Marvel Holiday Specials? I really love this one:

1991.jpg

another touching and sad story was in the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Annual #1 entitled "Leah", which was a six page sory written by Peter David and drawn by Colleen Doran... this one was about a homeless little five year old girl living in the alleys... I'm not ashamed to admit that this one actually made me tear up...

There were only two comics that gave me an emotional punch in the gut like none other:

Peter Parker: Spider-Man vol 2 #33 and Peter Parker: Spider-Man vol 2 #35.

Both were by Paul Jenkins and are 2 books that every Spider-Man fan has to read before they die.

There were only two comics that gave me an emotional punch in the gut like none other:

Peter Parker: Spider-Man vol 2 #33 and Peter Parker: Spider-Man vol 2 #35.

Both were by Paul Jenkins and are 2 books that every Spider-Man fan has to read before they die.
What about the Death of Gwen Stacy though?

I thought it wouldn't make an impact on me when I read it because I knew what was going to happen already, but man… when its over, it really hits you hard. And the next issue with the final showdown with the Goblin is powerful.

What about the Death of Gwen Stacy though?

I was there when it first came out and I gotta say that it was one story that never made me tear up... and back then there was absolutely NO word or even a HINT that that's what was gonna happen... so no, Gwen's death somehow just never impacted me that way, even though I liked Gwen a lot... it STUNNED me, but it didn't move me in that way...

I remember when THIS came out... I remembered that there was absolutely no indication of where this story was headed, but when I got to the last panel, I just went "aw no"... this one was pretty touching, but Leah's story in the FNSM Annual #1 had more of an impact for ME, than Timmy's story... both tragic endings... children should never have to go thru the s**t that Timmy and Leah went thru, whether in comics or in real life...

Just finished reading Essential The Amazing Spider-Man volume 11. It ended with Annual #16, which was actually pretty good (the one with the high school reunion).

Its funny but a lot of people complain that it doesn't add much to the Spider-Man mythos, but I personally think its a great story. Its simple, and pretty dated (hey, it was the early 60s), but I find it to be really enjoyable. Its definitely worth the read.

The next two issues of course are no doubt great:

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_39.jpg

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_40.jpg

back in the day, I was always amazed that with Marvel's penchant for resurrecting and bringing back bad or useless characters, they have NEVER brought back Blackie Drago, the second Vulture... I remember back when he got his ass handed to him by the original Vulture, he swore that he would never EVER put on the wings again... I was always hoping that he would grow a set along with a bit of wisdom and intelligence and return to become a viable threat to Spidey AND the Vulture... he DID have a bad attitude and a ferociousness to him, he just didn't have the skill, the knowhow and the competence to make himself perhaps MORE of a dangerous threat than the first Vulture and thereby proving himself a formidable adversary... hey, I've seen a whole lot worse lame-ass characters come and go and at times, return to the book every great once in a while ... he WAS pretty much a thug bully in a china shop, really, but as a kid, I enjoyed Drago's short run of three issues... and besides, he makes for some great Romita covers...

AmazingSpider-Man049.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man063.jpg

It was summer of 1966...

Whoops, my bad. Mid-60s then.

back in the day, I was always amazed that with Marvel's penchant for resurrecting and bringing back bad or useless characters, they have NEVER brought back Blackie Drago, the second Vulture... I remember back when he got his ass handed to him by the original Vulture, he swore that he would never EVER put on the wings again... I was always hoping that he would grow a set along with a bit of wisdom and intelligence and return to become a viable threat to Spidey AND the Vulture... he DID have a bad attitude and a ferociousness to him, he just didn't have the skill, the knowhow and the competence to make himself perhaps MORE of a dangerous threat than the first Vulture and thereby proving himself a formidable adversary... hey, I've seen a whole lot worse lame-ass characters come and go and at times, return to the book every great once in a while ... he WAS pretty much a thug bully in a china shop, really, but as a kid, I enjoyed Drago's short run of three issues... and besides, he makes for some great Romita covers...

This just proves how bad*** Vulture is. I hate when people read a Spider-Man comic and dismiss him as a good adversary just because he is old.

I would LOVE to see the return of Blackie Drago.... in fact, when there was talk of a new Vulture, I was hoping it was him...

I also love the added head gear he wore... :up:

:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"