The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He better come back, otherwise I don't know who's the worse wasted character; him of Foley.

Dr. Ratha should have gotten a conclusion but if he comes back for the sequel, then I'd be happy. I don't know if his lack of a conclusion is really enough to effect how I feel about the movie.

I definitely hate lacking conclusions to even minor characters in a CBM and would be certainly disappointed if Ratha never shows up again since he's obviously alive still.

The Richard Parker storyline will be continued in the sequels.

But the obvious hints of Richard in the first film. I am referring to those that were taken out. More talk of Richard from Connors and Peter would've been nice.

It was really just developing Dr. Connors' character and explaining his plan more that affected the movie most IMO.

This, I feel and agree was the most damaging. Lacking development and a piss poor master plan.

That and the editing.

He better come back, otherwise I don't know who's the worse wasted character; him of Foley.

"Seriously, General?"

Him or Foley? Again, I see the Spidey fanboys are bringing up a Nolan character :funny:

Foley actually does have a story that has a conclusion. Ratha is already the more wasted character with only one relatively relevant scene and then another where he only gets knocked out inside his limo with zero conclusion to his arc.

I just can't wait to really jump into this year. We may even get our first OFFICIAL pic next month, if they want to beat the paparazzi.

depending on when they start filming with the suit, we could get it as early as the end of this month or the beginning of next month.

last time around, the first suit picture dropped about a week and a half before they started filming with it

I really don't like Foley, honestly Anno, if he wasn't in TDKR would the movie have a major difference?

I didn't have a problem with The Lizard's master plan. I didn't see him wanting to turn everyone into lizards as something out of a B movie. I mean turning everyone into lizards isn't that cheesy. What was he going to do?

Man, I really wish they would have used his wife in the movie and try to make Lizard more creepy. Like him wanting a mate, so he tries to turn his wife. But Spider-Man interferes and his plan B is just turn everyone.

It's ripped straight from TAS, I loved them for doing that. And as Grievous said, there isn't much else he can do. You can either have a beast Lizard who just mindlessly kills people or a smart Lizard who wants to turn others into him and eliminate all human problems.

The only problem with the plan was the formula didn't turn him permanent. So you'd have a couple hours of complete and utter chaos, before everyone would eventually turn back to being human.

It never really comes across though. Or maybe I need to watch it again. But from what I remember all he did was to up the dose he used to extend the time he stayed transformed.

I think it was like that in TAS. He would revert back to being a human, but his plan would mean that everyone infected would revert back eventually too. Unless his plan required the toxin to be in the air 24/7 and maybe that would cause constant infection?

It's ripped straight from TAS, I loved them for doing that. And as Grievous said, there isn't much else he can do. You can either have a beast Lizard who just mindlessly kills people or a smart Lizard who wants to turn others into him and eliminate all human problems.

Exactly. There isn't that much you could do with the Lizard, unless you add Kraven to the equation. Kraven would have worked with a mindless Lizard IMO.

In the end, I think Lizard is one of the villains that doesn't translate as well to the big screen. He works well in the comic books, video games, and animated series. But I'm still not sure he works as a good movie villain. I think Lizard turning everyone else into Lizards is a logical direction to go in, but as mentioned earlier, his plan wasn't explained well enough, and his family was entirely absent from the film.

I think it was like that in TAS. He would revert back to being a human, but his plan would mean that everyone infected would revert back eventually too. Unless his plan required the toxin to be in the air 24/7 and maybe that would cause constant infection?

I have to re-watch TAS episode with Lizard. In TASM, the serum works as a drug, since those who use it become addicted to it. They aren't "bad" after taking it, but lose control, even though there is probably a part of them that knows that their actions are wrong. In the commentary, Webb mentions the Lizard formula was depicted as a drug. Think of it as when Connors injects himself, he is "high" as the Lizard. He transforms back into his normal state, but he is still addicted, and wants more. He loses his mind.

When Peter unleashed the antidote, he "cured" Lizard's addiction. That way he would transform back and is back to his normal state. However, the damage from the serum is still there, seeing that he has scales on his face, and he has to face punishment behind bars.

Last edited:
I like the drug thing cause it breaks the mold of the whole Dr.Jekyll/Mr.Hide thing even though that's pretty classic as far as the Lizard goes.

I like the drug thing cause it breaks the mold of the whole Dr.Jekyll/Mr.Hide thing even though that's pretty classic as far as the Lizard goes.
Yeah. They never made it clear whether or not Connors actually had a split personality or not. I think he was just thinking to himself. If anything, it was more of an afterthought. Most of the lines were recycled from deleted scenes.

looks like a mix of Spectacular Spiderman and Ultimate Spiderman style, i like Electro´s and Scorpion

And I certainly disagree hence the "meh...no..." reply. Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Superman: The Movie...they become stronger even after the origin part.

To quote yourself, "meh..no" to that.

Let's be honest here.

There is not much in terms of a villan plot for the Lizard, so im glad they took cues from te classic TAS.

Either he kills innocents, takes over the city witth his reptiles "sidekicks" or transforms everyone.

Let's be honest here.

There is not much in terms of a villan plot for the Lizard, so im glad they took cues from te classic TAS.
:up:

Although Electro doesn't have much of a backstory in the comic books, he has a lot of potential for the big screen in terms of his powers and such. Its up to the writers to give him that backstory.

I really don't like Foley honestly Anno,

So that makes it fine to try to compare a character, even if some dislike him or if his arc wasn't worthwhile to another character that just disappears with no conclusion? :doh:

if he wasn't in TDKR would the movie have a major difference?

There had to be a "bad cop" that would have gone after Batman when he returned as much as there would have to be a doctor or someone that would push and push Connors into developing the serum, but at least one of the minor characters had some closure.

Man, I really wish they would have used his wife in the movie and try to make Lizard more creepy. Like him wanting a mate, so he tries to turn his wife. But Spider-Man interferes and his plan B is just turn everyone.

I SO wanted that more than the awful "master plan" he had in the film. Wanting to turn his wife and even his child into lizards would've added a much more personal plan to Lizard and as you said, a hell of a lot more creepy. He could have even succeeded and then tried to turn all of New York but before that happens, Spidey could find a cure and then show Connors how the Lizard persona is ****ing him up before he tried to turn anyone else. Eliminating the useless SWAT Lizards and all.

To quote yourself, "meh..no" to that.

Cool.

Let's be honest here.

Turning his own family would be a much better route to go with Lizard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"