The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think the police will want spider-man dead after he saved the city at the end of the first movie?

do you think the police will want spider-man dead after he saved the city at the end of the first movie?

maybe , because
a) he is still a vigilantte
b) maybe they think he killed Stacy
c) there he is still wanted

i think the autopsy would exonerate spider-man; the captain died from lizard inflicted wounds lol.

i think the police will tolerate spider-man in the sequel, while "officially" condemning his actions.

I think Jean Dewoulffe will be the new police chief. And she probably respects Spidey more than others.

I'm extremely jealous and happy for you I An Legend

Pretty funny
spidey3info.jpg

Source: http://www.movies.com/movie-news/wh...9spider-man-339/11124?wssac=164&wssaffid=news

Aww I love that!

Last one kills it.

... so you just want the movie to fail? I thought the ending made it better. ;)

It's funny- when Marko falls into the puddle in the sewer and holds his "deformed" hand up. you can see a slight shadow of where Thomas Hayden Church's fingers actually were.

All of the CGI in SM3 was extremely cartoony and sloppy (the movement and animation of the characters). Such a step down from SM2. At least there were no car-door-surfing scenes in TASM...

Actually that was the flaw
Webb failed to understand how the action for Spidey works,Raimi got that in his first attempt

Spidey action looks good when in motion-Car chases,On road surfing,Fighting on a train,Free Fall fights,Sewer train fights,SWAT Van fights,The crane sequence in SM3---Are all perfect examples of how action should be in a Spider-man film i.e utilizing motion

On the contrary Webb totally didnt get the concept aswell as threw away all oportunities to utilize it(Underwater fight,Bridge fight)

Oh, the underwater fight was such a failed oportunity...

I believe that Penny and her mother show up in this scene and Penny begs her father to not kill Spider-man. I'd give anything to get a 3.1

I don't think deleted scenes would be enough to help SM3. It's trash.

Webb failed to understand how the action for Spidey works,Raimi got that in his first attempt

Spidey action looks good when in motion-Car chases,On road surfing,Fighting on a train,Free Fall fights,Sewer train fights,SWAT Van fights,The crane sequence in SM3---Are all perfect examples of how action should be in a Spider-man film i.e utilizing motion

On the contrary Webb totally didnt get the concept aswell as threw away all oportunities to utilize it(Underwater fight,Bridge fight)

I disagree. Webb and his team staged some pretty solid fight sequences. Just the way Spidey moved and struck poses was so...spider-like.

The fight in the school, especially, has some of the best Spider-man movement ever on film. When he literally wraps the Lizard in a spider web cocoon...GOLD.

Agreed. Spidey webbing up Lizard was easily one of the best moments in all of the Spider-Man movies. But there was one review I listened to, who complained how unhuman like and creepy that scene was and I just wanted to facepalm.

what do you mean?

I mean that it looked great, but it only lasted for like 10 seconds.
Not just underwater, but an entire sequence under the sewers would've been great. Like I said earlier in another post, they don't take advantage of the character and the surroundings.

I mean that it looked great, but it only lasted for like 10 seconds.
Not just underwater, but an entire sequence under the sewers would've been great. Like I said earlier in another post, they don't take advantage of the character and the surroundings.

well, it was all CGI (Since lizard appears to Spidey escapes from the lizard)
imagine how much it cost and the work from the CGI team and from the vidoc is pretty impressive

If they WANT to do it, they can.
Come on, that's just a lazy excuse at defending the movie.

You call it a flaw- I see it as a conscious choice on the part of the filmmakers. Sometimes the things you choose not to do/show are just as important as the things you choose to do/show.

I actually appreciated the somewhat more subdued take on the character's powers in TASM. I was tiring of the ridiculous cartoonish CGI stunts and spectacle that the Raimi films gravitated towards in SM3 (the alley fight, all sandman fights).

Although, I did hate the thing where he wrapped the Lizard in webs, crawling all over him. So stupid. It's like the filmmakers were like: "Look! He's SPIDER-man! Get it? SPIDER-man? He acts like a spider! Get it?? GET IT????? Stupid. Leave that crap for the videogames.

Just like Peter falling through the roof to see the luchador mask after the guy yelled "I saw your face!". So stupid. Complete underestimation of the intelligence of the audience.

Although, I did hate the thing where he wrapped the Lizard in webs, crawling all over him. So stupid. It's like the filmmakers were like: "Look! He's SPIDER-man! Get it? SPIDER-man? He acts like a spider! Get it?? GET IT????? Stupid. Leave that crap for the videogames.

i really liked that scene, thought it was a nice touch having him crawl around the lizard like a spider, it was very brief and quick so i don't see the problem :oldrazz:

Ah, and there it is again. So excuse me, but how anyone can complain about that scene is beyond me. Next we have people complain that he uses the vibrations on his web lines, to detect things like real Spiders.

Although, I did hate the thing where he wrapped the Lizard in webs, crawling all over him. So stupid. It's like the filmmakers were like: "Look! He's SPIDER-man! Get it? SPIDER-man? He acts like a spider! Get it?? GET IT????? Stupid.

At least they gave a different use to his webs, unlike Raimi where it was all swinging and swinging.

Ah, and there it is again. So excuse me, but how anyone can complain about that scene is beyond me. Next we have people complain that he uses the vibrations on his web lines, to detect things like real Spiders.

OMG someone disagrees with my opinion! Facepalms!!!

In your opinion it was great- and that's just fine. In my opinion it was stupid. Like the filmmakers throwing a bone to the rabid fanboys.

It might seem creative to have him acting like an actual spider, but to me, it was just dumb and incredibly contrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"