The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to Ben.
I love how Uncle Ben reached for the gun, he knew he would go on and probably kill more people and it was wrong to have a gun, so "doing good things for people" he reached out and tried to stop it. Obviously he failed.
Which made it more tragic.

See, for me, I think ASM is the best Spidey movie, but SM2 is the best movie. Watching the films and turning my Spidey-fan brain off, I realize that SM2 is the most complete film out of all of them. However, I just really didn't enjoy the characterization of Raimi's Peter Parker/Spider-man. So it wasn't my favorite Spidey film.

I think you've pretty much said what I (and a lot of other people, apparently) have been thinking for awhile, but couldn't pinpoint exactly -- I knew I LIKED TASM best and that it felt the most right to me (though it is obviously not without its flaws, and quite a few of them), but thought SM2 was a better film as far as being more cohesive, grander in scale, handling multiple themes and character arcs, etc. But yeah, I wasn't too fond of quite a few characterizations in it save for JJJ and Harry, I think. And while I still think Ock was the best movie villain if I look at the whole package and don't think about the comics, when I do think of the comics, it kind of bugs me that he was pretty much the Lizard with Ock's power set. I say that as someone who's a fan of both in the comics, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"