The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a hypocrite. If someone wants to be a jerk and say something like:

"It's mostly everyone older than 10 that refer to TASM as unnecessary", then I'll pull out one of my Picard facepalms.

Anyways, back to Spider-Man...

Last edited:
Speaking of which... I'm wondering what kind of power displays we may expect from Electro. Does anyone else wonder if a flying Electro will be appropriate for TASM's world?

Also, what other things has Electro managed to do with his powers in the comics?

I imagine we'll see Andrew with a lot of burns on his skin and we might see his hair defy gravity more than it already does.

One thing I don't want to see is Electro become a 'living lightning bolt'. That might be fine in comics, toons and games, but I think that might be a bit much to swallow on film.

I imagine we'll see Andrew with a lot of burns on his skin and we might see his hair defy gravity more than it already does.

lol

I think it will be befitting to webb's more grounded take if electro simply shoots lightning out of his hands, and doesn't become a living lightning bolt or what have you.

Has anyone here played inFamous? I'm picturing electro to have similar abilities and a similar look (clearly human)

I think one of the problems with TASM was that it was so grounded in reality, yet you had a giant lizard running around, talking occasionally no less. If electro is a man with electric powers, rather than electricity in the form of a man, I think the film will be more grounded and less prone to the aforementioned flaws in TASM.

It will actually be a bit of relief to see a villain that isn't all CGI. I think Electro will definitely be a more "grounded" villain than the Lizard which, no matter how hard you try, will never feel realistic. Not saying that a human electric generator is realistic, but y'know..

I think it will be befitting to webb's more grounded take if electro simply shoots lightning out of his hands, and doesn't become a living lightning bolt or what have you.

Has anyone here played inFamous? I'm picturing electro to have similar abilities and a similar look (clearly human)

Similar abilities yes, but having Electro look similar would be incredibly uninspiring and lazy. It's really just a guy in a leather jacket with some scarring.

Electro isn't anymore "grounded" than Lizard. A man who turns into a lizard and a man who is electrocuted and is still alive with powers of electricity.

Well he is going to have a black costume as far as we know. I'm sure it will be much more detailed than Cole's leather jacket though.

I think if the lizard had more of a crocodile/alligator snout face then he would have looked less silly and the audience would have been more willing to suspend disbelief that he was a cgi creation. It would be more akin to jurassic park cgi, which still looks good to this day.

and yeah, i know that webb gave him a human-lizard hybrid face because he wanted him to talk, but i think the cost was too great. either make him not talk at all, but have some basic form of sentience via his actions alone, or have him talk anyway, even if the animators struggle to make it look like he had the facial muscles to do so.

He should have looked like he did in the 90s cartoon series imo.

it would be cool to see Electro traveling on the power lines like Cole.

Similar abilities yes, but having Electro look similar would be incredibly uninspiring and lazy. It's really just a guy in a leather jacket with some scarring.

Yeah, i agree. I meant more that when you look at him, you see a human male first and foremost.

Webb said he is really looking forward to the possibilities electro brings, so who knows how creative he will get with his powers. Surfing powerlines anyone? lol

I think if the lizard had more of a crocodile/alligator snout face then he would have looked less silly and the audience would have been more willing to suspend disbelief that he was a cgi creation. It would be more akin to jurassic park cgi, which still looks good to this day.
The CGI in Jurassic Park looks really dated to me. Its the animatronics that made the movie's special effects look fantastic.
and yeah, i know that webb gave him a human-lizard hybrid face because he wanted him to talk, but i think the cost was too great. either make him not talk at all, but have some basic form of sentience via his actions alone, or have him talk anyway, even if the animators struggle to make it look like he had the facial muscles to do so.

They couldn't have made Lizard talk with a long snout, and not have it look stupid. I think the Lizard's appearance was fine. It was inspired by his original design from Amazing Spider-Man #6. Same with Lizard being intelligent and all.

Yeah, i agree. I meant more that when you look at him, you see a human male first and foremost.
It would be cool to see a villain really "explore" his powers on screen, kind of like how Spider-Man did. Just not as long lol.

Webb said he is really looking forward to the possibilities electro brings, so who knows how creative he will get with his powers. Surfing powerlines anyone? lol.

Max Dillon is supposed to be a genius electrician in this film, so who knows what crazy gadgets and equipment he'll use to his advantage.

The CGI in Jurassic Park looks really dated to me. Its the animatronics that made the movie's special effects look fantastic.

They couldn't have made Lizard talk with a long snout, and not have it look stupid. I think the Lizard's appearance was fine. It was inspired by his original design from Amazing Spider-Man #6. Same with Lizard being intelligent and all.

Consensus was that the lizard was a cgi dud. But to each their own. I'm much more excited that the next villain isn't a cross-species experiment gone wrong (the video game tie in was pretty average in that department)

Consensus was that the lizard was a cgi dud. But to each their own. I'm much more excited that the next villain isn't a cross-species experiment gone wrong (the video game tie in was pretty average in that department)
Its really hard to sell a character that is fully CGI. Remember that final battle at the end of The Incredible Hulk? Two giant CGI monsters fighting each other. Not that interesting in a live action movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"