The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Times square is Electro's playground. So many giant TV screens, all those lights... THERE MUST BE A BATTLE IN TIMES SQUARE!!!

Times square is Electro's playground. So many giant TV screens, all those lights... THERE MUST BE A BATTLE IN TIMES SQUARE!!!

Let's pray that is partly why filming will take place almost exclusively in NY; you can't fake such a location.

Or can you? I'm from Australia so what do I even know.

Let's pray that is partly why filming will take place almost exclusively in NY; you can't fake such a location.

Or can you? I'm from Australia so what do I even know.

Nah. you cant fake time square. only if it was completely cgi, but that would probably be more costly than filming on location

Nah. you cant fake time square. only if it was completely cgi, but that would probably be more costly than filming on location

The crane scene recreated actual NYC streets, but times square would be insanely difficult. I wonder how they would be able to have an epic battle take place there.

With times square, they could do some filming on location, and then fake the rest. You really just need a ton of buildings with a lot of lights/tv screens. Get some iconic scenery and landmarks in there, and people will buy it.

NYC_Landmark_Times_Square__0.jpg

In Spider-Man 1, they were able to set the first battle in times square, getting a real shot of it for the background, and faking the rest. That's what they could do 10 years ago.

Last edited:

awesome. a nice, open location where we can see both duke it out in style. fingers crossed it happens.

Do you think Andrew will try and pack on a few more pounds of muscle in the sequel? And should he?

The crane scene recreated actual NYC streets, but times square would be insanely difficult. I wonder how they would be able to have an epic battle take place there.

With times square, they could do some filming on location, and then fake the rest. You really just need a ton of buildings with a lot of lights/tv screens. Get some iconic scenery and landmarks in there, and people will buy it.

NYC_Landmark_Times_Square__0.jpg

In Spider-Man 1, they were able to set the first battle in times square, getting a real shot of it for the background, and faking the rest. That's what they could do 10 years ago.

I expect them to do the same. they will film as much as possible on location, and use cgi for any shots too expensive or impossible to achieve practically.

Maybe a little, but I don't think its necessary.

I read the comic book a few days ago, and found it... disgusting.

yeah, ive heard from multiple sources that it went a bit far, or at least, farther than could be adapted to film w/o too much controversy.

I remember there was talk about the movie being rated NC-17, but I'm sure they will at least attempt to clean it up enough to get that R rating.

I remember there was talk about the movie being rated NC-17, but I'm sure they will at least attempt to clean it up enough to get that R rating.

yeah. they will. NC17 films just aren't profitable nor are they really marketable.

Consensus was that the lizard was a cgi dud. But to each their own. I'm much more excited that the next villain isn't a cross-species experiment gone wrong (the video game tie in was pretty average in that department)

..who took this consensus?

In addition to some of the casting scoop we revealed last month, we have another tidbit about production on The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which is expected to begin principal photography in NYC and Los Angeles in February.

Today we’ve learned they’re gearing up to start work on the movie’s special effects at Ironhead Studios in L.A., possibly next week. According to their website, “Iron Head is an effects firm specializing in costume and creature design.” We’re not sure exactly what they’ll be working on at Ironhead, but we’re excited to hear production is heating up!

Don't know if this is of interest at all. Just some more little scraps of info.

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/...lly-meet/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

interesting...is the costume designer the same as the first? Kym Barrett
edit: Deborah Lynn Scott, i wonder how much "Classic" it will look like (spidey)?

Last edited:
I really wish they kept most of the costume from the first one. I really liked The Amazing Spider-Man's outfit. My only complaints were the silver on the feet, which weren't that noticeable, and no red belt across the front. I really liked the eyes. Very small and mysterious. I personally hate the big eyes.

I wish they keep the first film's look as well with the suit. If we do get a more classic suit, how will it bode with knowing that Sony is just getting pressured to have a more classic look and not sticking to Webb's look of a "realistic" suit?

I think it's okay if the suit evolves, like Spidey adapts to situation and designs the suit to defeat a villain, (maybe places the webshooters on the inside so Electro can't short-cuircut them), but to just say, "ya, let's just go back to the classic suit now that people know this is a different Spidey series" really bugs me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"