The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay well anyways, I'm tired now and I don't like arguing over stupid stuff. That was not my intention when I replied. So I'm sorry about the ******** that ensued and I hope at least you understand where I was coming from, up until things went into a circle. Even if you think I'm stupid and completely wrong, I just want to be understood.

EDIT: By the way, stop trying to put words into my mouth.

"I don't care about this topic, so therefore you're wrong and stop talking about it."
"but please don't pull the "hater!" card on me

I never intentionally implied that nor did once imply that you were a hater. I still resent that.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, the big debate that has taken place over the last few pages has made me a little sad.

Jesus ****ig Christ. It's. For. A. ****ing. Toy. Box. Stop. Overanalysing. Every. Single. Aspect. Of. The. Picture.

A kid will see it and think "Hey! Spider-Man!" and ask his parents to buy it. His dad isn't going to pick up the toy box and spend 10 minutes listing down his issues with the picture of Spidey on the back and then say "Nah, son. The contrast levels of that Spidey pic on the back are too high, I'll buy you something else."... :dry:

It's bright, "loud" and eye catching to kids. Job done. Don't care if the picture's a little shoddy in areas.

Anyways, moving on... I wonder when we'll get a still of the Lizard.

I'd like to know, people who hope to have this as their first good Spider-Man movie; how are the previous movies ranked? From Average to bad

Spider-Man: Good.

Spider-Man 2: The best of the 3. One of the best CBM's of all time.

Spider-Man 3: Average. Not the ubér flop it's made out to be, but nothing to write home about either. It has its fun moments.

Spider-man: Very good movie, but has aged shockingly.

Spider-man 2: Excellent movie, has more of the Raimi vibe than the first and all the better for it.

Spider-man 3: Worst of the trilogy and distinctly average... too many balls in the air, but it has its moments and its by no means a disaster.

Overall, still the best comic book movie trilogy ever created to this day.

Spider-Man 1: Very great intro to Spider-Man on film but has aged like no other. Still fun to watch, but I rarely make it through the entire thing anymore.

Spider-Man 2: Still one of the better CBMs out there, however, the ending has always ruined the film for me. I was expecting a very big and epic final bout as a sequel to the train fight but was left horribly disappointed. I was always a bigger fan of Spider-Man 1 so this too has slipped a bit.

Spider-Man 3: After first seeing Spider-Man 3 my initial thought was, "Meh", but as time has gone by, the movie has become worse and worse. Honestly one of the poorest excuses for a movie in a long time. It wouldn't have been as bad if the first 2 weren't so promising, but even in comparison to the now aged first and second films, this movie is absolute dung.

Spider-man is a good flick, very entertaining.

Spider-man 2 is much much better; much more of a dramatic film than a superhero flick in my mind. Definitely a highpoint of the genre and most of it works. It was something I didn't expect and loved every moment of it.

Spider-man 3 is just disappointing. I don't think anyone could ever say it was a flop commercially but critically it definitely is. It's an average flick with sometimes below average stuff in it but the sad part is, you can tell there are some good ideas in it just poor execution and too much going on. I can't watch it anymore, it just sits on my shelf collecting dust.

Not gonna lie, the big debate that has taken place over the last few pages has made me a little sad.
Jesus ****ig Christ. It's. For. A. ****ing. Toy. Box. Stop. Overanalysing. Every. Single. Aspect. Of. The. Picture.

You're telling me. And I was a part of the freaking thing. My opinion on the image was completely exaggerated by that guy, and the ensuing argument made it appear even more so. It would have stayed as simply "That picture is terrible. Here's why..." if someone hadn't completely jumped over the moon about it with a complete lack of understanding.

THIS is what my stance boils down to:

Promotional art must be good + Terrible promotional art = WTF?

No more. No less.

A kid will see it and think "Hey! Spider-Man!" and ask his parents to buy it. His dad isn't going to pick up the toy box and spend 10 minutes listing down his issues with the picture of Spidey on the back and then say "Nah, son. The contrast levels of that Spidey pic on the back are too high, I'll buy you something else."... :dry:

No one is saying that will happen. But I'm really tired of people using that scenario as a way to justify a ****** designer's work; as I and even others have said, where the image will be seen is not/should not give a design company allowance to pass crap of that magnitude. Without trying to be rude/insulting, that logic shows a fairly large misunderstanding of design philosophy and craftsmenship (which is fine, people can have limited knowledge on things).

EDIT: By the way, stop trying to put words into my mouth.

Repeatedly saying someone is "nitpicking just to nitpick" is pretty much calling someone a hater. I was just summarizing your nitpick lines by using the term. And in any case, thats a pretty funny demand considering you started this whole argument by doing that yourself.

But whatevs; the horse has turned to glue. I'm taking my horse beating stick and walking away.

I'd like to know, people who hope to have this as their first good Spider-Man movie; how are the previous movies ranked? From Average to bad

Hard to say. Are we talking about the movies' quality or our reaction? SM1 WAS HUUUUUUUUUUUGE for me in high school. In college SM2 was eagerly awaited, but didn't have nearly as an emotional impact as the first. SM3 was the first (and only) time I have EVER come out of a theater mad.

not gonna lie, the big debate that has taken place over the last few pages has made me a little sad.

Jesus ****ig christ. It's. For. A. ****ing. Toy. Box. Stop. Overanalysing. Every. Single. Aspect. Of. The. Picture.

a kid will see it and think "hey! Spider-man!" and ask his parents to buy it. His dad isn't going to pick up the toy box and spend 10 minutes listing down his issues with the picture of spidey on the back and then say "nah, son. The contrast levels of that spidey pic on the back are too high, i'll buy you something else."... :dry:

it's bright, "loud" and eye catching to kids. Job done. Don't care if the picture's a little shoddy in areas.

Anyways, moving on... I wonder when we'll get a still of the lizard.
lmao!

You're telling me. And I was a part of the freaking thing. My opinion on the image was completely exaggerated by that guy, and the ensuing argument made it appear even more so. It would have stayed as simply "That picture is terrible. Here's why..." if someone hadn't completely jumped over the moon about it with a complete lack of understanding.

THIS is what my stance boils down to:

Promotional art must be good + Terrible promotional art = WTF?

No more. No less.

Fair enough. Even though the promo stuff isn't anything to write home about, this last piece was a little shoddy. So I can see the nitpicks, but I really do think they decided not to fix it for aforementioned reasons. I know that's terrible, but hey... what can you do? :funny:

No one is saying that will happen. But I'm really tired of people using that scenario as a way to justify a ****** designer's work; as I and even others have said, where the image will be seen is not/should not give a design company allowance to pass crap of that magnitude. Without trying to be rude/insulting, that logic shows a fairly large misunderstanding of design philosophy and craftsmenship (which is fine, people can have limited knowledge on things).

I do see where you're coming from. I'm not a professional artist or anything like that, I just like making fan manips and whatnot to post on here. But I am fairly skilled in Photoshop (just the basic stuff to make a decent poster/manip/etc), so little errors like Spidey's shoulders being cut too roughly did bother me, but you're a professional artist, so I imagine that, amongst the other little mistakes were a nightmare for you to see. :funny:

Fair enough. Even though the promo stuff isn't anything to write home about, this last piece was a little shoddy. So I can see the nitpicks, but I really do think they decided not to fix it for aforementioned reasons. I know that's terrible, but hey... what can you do? :funny:

KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE

I do see where you're coming from. I'm not a professional artist or anything like that, I just like making fan manips and whatnot to post on here. But I am fairly skilled in Photoshop (just the basic stuff to make a decent poster/manip/etc), so little errors like Spidey's shoulders being cut too roughly did bother me, but you're a professional artist, so I imagine that, amongst the other little mistakes were a nightmare for you to see. :funny:

Like shoving splintered chopsticks in my eyes, man.

Hope RIM posts a few pics of some of the poses here:

kszgm.jpg

Spider-Man: Good movie. Very dated now, but still very enjoyable.

Spider-Man 2: Outstanding. Timeless flick and one of the best cbms ever.

Spider-Man 3: Good but not as good as 2 and slightly worse the SM1.

Spider-man 2 dragged a lot. The scenes with doc ock and harry osbourne were the movies saving grace. I don't dig raimis child friendly world in the trilogy, didn't feel grounded at all and the cheesy dialogue made everyone cringe.

"its you whos out gobby, out of your mind.

Punch me I bleeeeeeed !

Oh boy yes

Aunt may aunt may is that an aaangel lol

Pete doing air drums at the spider-man day parade

Lol a damn spider-man day parade

Emo parker dancing

Go spidey go !

And of course.... I kid you not

Last edited:
Spider-man 2 dragged a lot. The scenes with doc ock and harry osbourne were the movies saving grace. I don't dig raimis child friendly world in the trilogy, didn't feel grounded at all and the cheesy dialogue made everyone cringe.

"its you whos out gobby, out of your mind.

Punch me I bleeeeeeed !

Oh boy yes

Aunt may aunt may is that an aaangel lol

Pete doing air drums at the spider-man day parade

Lol a damn spider-man day parade

Emo parker dancing

Go spidey go !

And of course.... I kid you not

Blasphemer!

:ikyn:ikyn:ikyn:ikyn:ikyn

Yes. It's used for stuff like stickers and stuff.

EDIT: Well, the Spidey bit is. Guessing the whole thing is going to be used in colouring books or something.

SM1: A great origin story. It started off the series on the right foot...we got a superhero film in which we actually cared about the characters. It's a bit cheesy but so is Spider-man. The second half of the movie dragged. The final swing is one of the best sequences in CBM history.

SM2: Epic. From the time the movie started until it finished you have a greatly crafted movie...not just a CBM, but any movie. There really wasn't any throw away scenes, the pacing was spot on, the dialogue was a bit cheesy at times but never took you out of the story. The action was top notch...train fight, nuff said. IMO it's still the best CBM to date.

SM3: Epic facepalm. Basically took everything that was 'off' about the first two movies and used those in this one. It didn't do anything about my love of the first two movies but this one was majorly disappointing. Not the worst CBM, but easily the worst of this trilogy.

Because it's PROMOTIONAL art. By it's very nature, promotional material needs to be good in order to do it's job. This image is anything but.

Yeah well hate to get into this again, but I'll leave at it this for the last time before you denigrate me as someone with a "complete of understanding" again. Maybe I should've been more clear when I first replied, but THIS^ was the statement that I was responding to. It had nothing directly to do with the image itself and how badly made it was.

bad promotional ART + other good promotional MATERIAL = good film? maybe?

little significance vs. greater significance in promotion?

So I was just asking if you were nitpicking over an image. And honestly, it seemed as if you took it too personally. jeez.

Repeatedly saying someone is "nitpicking just to nitpick" is pretty much calling someone a hater.
What? is this true? Isn't there a nitpick thread of people who actually want to see the film though? I thought nitpicking was a normal occurrence here, especially over silly stuff.

Seriously. what the heck. By the way, I'm curious, are a "professional artist" or a "graphic designer"?

I asked about who don't find any of the Raimi trilogy good, not those who like the movies, or the first two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"