The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not hard to figure out who the villain of the next movie is.

Marc Webb said that the villain for the next movie would be hinted at.

Marc Webb later said that the origins of Norman Osborn would be hinted at.

Not hard to put them two and two together.

I hope he is more of like a minor villain as Norman Osborn and eventually becomes GG at some point in the movie near the end. or maybe they will have him as GG in both part 2 and part 3..idk...i just know the trend of killing off supervillains and using the biggest and baddest villains early on in superhero films needs to stop

[YT]waYxuyM4vi0[/YT]

Something like this for a Green Goblin mask, albeit more Ultimate looking, would be downright creepy. I like it.

I for one, have never given you any crap about your opinion. I do however disagree with you on this...I don't care for Ultimate Goblin.

I understand.

I kinda like it though after actually reading almost ever ultimate comic Green goblin has been in. as goblin he is waaay more powerful than 616 Goblin. but in terms of power in another aspect, Norman Osborn, especially in recent comics, is more powerful in the 616 universe.

however in the ultimate universe Norman is every bit as evil, mischievous, sadistic, and every other word to describe pure evil as his 616 counterpart is

I just think that having another villain that has to go through a major physical transformation, like Lizard, is going to get old.

Obviously, the costume will look less Power Ranger-y than in the first Spider-Man.

Now that I think of it, the first Spider-Man would have been SO much better had Sony went with a different costume to complement Dafoe's demonic performance.

It may get old but what choice do you have...it's either physical transformation or a costume.

I know it won't happen but I wouldn't mind seeing Dafoe reprise his role.

I understand.

I kinda like it though after actually reading almost ever ultimate comic Green goblin has been in. as goblin he is waaay more powerful than 616 Goblin. but in terms of power in another aspect, Norman Osborn, especially in recent comics, is more powerful in the 616 universe.

however in the ultimate universe Norman is every bit as evil, mischievous, sadistic, and every other word to describe pure evil as his 616 counterpart is

Honestly, after reading some of the GG Ultimate stories, I would have to say that I like him by the design of being more powerful than the 616, I just can't get past the physical appearance. I want a sadistic, truly evil GG, with the appearance of 616 and throw in the power of Ultimate.

also I don't mind them going to Ultimate approach with Goblin:
UltimateSpider-Man027p02and03.jpg

Did you mean Hulk-Goblin, or just a transformation?

I wouldn't mind a transformation that makes him look like a goblin... as long as it didn't, y'know, blow him up to a huge size. Pair that with a robe and that'd be pretty damn cool.

But with Hulk-Goblin... ehh...

It's going to look weird. No iconic imagery like:

122.jpg

Or even:

106875-141927-gwen-stacy_super.jpg

Without it looking like a green King Kong holding the damsel in distress. :funny:

And one reason why I'm against any sort of transformation is... that, well. I want Norman to be wearing a mask. There was this awesome panel that somebody posted where Peter takes his own mask off and rips Norman's off and says "No masks." or something like that. Having Norman transform kinda ruins that.

But eh, we'll see. I'm sure Webb's got it all planned out. :woot:

It may get old but what choice do you have...it's either physical transformation or a costume.

I know it won't happen but I wouldn't mind seeing Dafoe reprise his role.

oh heck yea dude. i totally agree. IDGAF what anybody else says or thinks i would LOVE to see him play norman osborn/green goblin again!

sure i can picture other actors taking over the role but i just can't see them pulling it off like dafoe can. I think in this reboot, which is more "grounded" as webb says, i think dafoe would REALLY shine.

even Gobbie knows he is awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUR8UJWvLPc&feature=watch_response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgLd26dxDRg&feature=relmfu

I liked Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin, but I see no reason at all to bring him back to play the character in one of these films in the new series. I just think if you're restarting a series, you shouldn't be using actors from the previous films. It's nothing against Dafoe, it's just that this is a chance to go with something new, rather than something that's been done before. Besides, it might confuse a lot of the audience members if he played the character again.

JK Simmons for JJJ, it's the only recast I'll accept.

Well, actually, Thomas Hadden Church did a damn good Sandman. So did Alfred Monalona as Doc Ock. Wow, now that I think about it the original trilogy had some damn good casting.

Did you mean Hulk-Goblin, or just a transformation?

I wouldn't mind a transformation that makes him look like a goblin... as long as it didn't, y'know, blow him up to a huge size. Pair that with a robe and that'd be pretty damn cool.

But with Hulk-Goblin... ehh...

It's going to look weird. No iconic imagery like:

122.jpg

Or even:

106875-141927-gwen-stacy_super.jpg

Without it looking like a green King Kong holding the damsel in distress. :funny:

And one reason why I'm against any sort of transformation is... that, well. I want Norman to be wearing a mask. There was this awesome panel that somebody posted where Peter takes his own mask off and rips Norman's off and says "No masks." or something like that. Having Norman transform kinda ruins that.

But eh, we'll see. I'm sure Webb's got it all planned out. :woot:

54352-7257-74732-1-ultimate-spider-man_super.jpg
getting really irritated how google is a dumbass and won't pull up pics i've seen before of where they recreate/pay homage the death of gwen stacy in USM but anyways they pulled it off rather well

I liked Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin, but I see no reason at all to bring him back to play the character in one of these films in the new series. I just think if you're restarting a series, you shouldn't be using actors from the previous films. It's nothing against Dafoe, it's just that this is a chance to go with something new, rather than something that's been done before. Besides, it might confuse a lot of the audience members if he played the character again.

general audience members are dumb as bricks anyway so it doesn't matter if they get confused but an actor playing the same character in a reboot.

it's happened before with other films in the past.

54352-7257-74732-1-ultimate-spider-man_super.jpg
getting really irritated how google is a dumbass and won't pull up pics i've seen before of where they recreate/pay homage the death of gwen stacy in USM but anyways they pulled it off rather well

No idea why that made me think of Beauty and the Beast. O_O

Anyways, yeah. While I wouldn't mind a transformation (not a Hulk-Goblin one) I really would be happier with costume.

Willem Dafoe was just perfect.

xlarge.jpg

Raimi should have just added some prosthetics (like pointy ears) and green makeup, and you get Green Goblin.

We're dangerously approaching Thread Manager territory.

Brace for impact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"