• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they make good use of the Time square set and also on the original Time square

Last time they constructed a whole replica of the bridge and Webb didnt even have a decent action sequence on that,total waste of time and money

who hopes the times square fight is during the day?

i'm a bit on the fence. on one hand, i want some daytime spidey action something fierce after the first movie.. but on the other hand, to have all those screens lit up at night + electro doing his things just seems like a no brainer.

as long as we get a decent amount of spider-man outside in new york during the day, then the times square battle should be at night i suppose.

Yeah, but it seems like we will be getting very little of him out during the day in this one, outside of the Rhino battle.

Funny that some of you are wondering whether BJ Novak is Otto Octavius. Not every person cast in the film will have anything close to a major role. I'm willing to bet he appears in maybe 3 scenes, bit part.

Could very well be. But I don't think it's fun for a lot of people to speculate that he's some random board member who annoys Norman at Oscorp in a similar way to the board members from the Raimi films.

Could very well be. But I don't think it's fun for a lot of people to speculate that he's some random board member who annoys Norman at Oscorp in a similar way to the board members from the Raimi films.

Fun or not, there comes a time where we have to start being rational. Webb doesn't strike me as someone who'll pointlessly stuff famous characters into his films for no reason. At least, I hope he's not that kind of guy.

New characters:

Electro
Rhino
Norman Osborn
Harry Osborn
Mary Jane Watson
Dude who's the head of Ravencroft

Returning characters:

Peter Parker / Spidey
Gwen Stacy
Aunt May
(among others, I'm sure)

"While we're at it, let's throw BJ Novak in there as Otto Octavius!!" Uh, no thank you, sir. Pretty ridiculous to even consider, if you ask me.

"While we're at it, let's throw BJ Novak in there as Otto Octavius!!" Uh, no thank you, sir. Pretty ridiculous to even consider, if you ask me.
Why? If he's just a scientist working at Oscorp, what's the problem with giving him an identity from the comics that matches?

Unless it's just a smallish part setting up Otto up for #3.

Not saying it is (although I could buy that guy as Octavius, I guess). His clothes look a little retro to me, I'm going w/ Richard Parker flashback.

Fun or not, there comes a time where we have to start being rational. Webb doesn't strike me as someone who'll pointlessly stuff famous characters into his films for no reason. At least, I hope he's not that kind of guy.

New characters:

Electro
Rhino
Norman Osborn
Harry Osborn
Mary Jane Watson
Dude who's the head of Ravencroft

Returning characters:

Peter Parker / Spidey
Gwen Stacy
Aunt May
(among others, I'm sure)

Well we didn't, but thanks for sharing. :oldrazz: j/k

But honestly I don't think that speculating that one of the random pics of a guy at Oscorp the director tweeted as one of his many clues is quite down that road. Not by a long shot. By the way you're acting you'd think people were going "omg he's totally the main villain and will be our Heath Ledger/joker" or some rubbish. Your opinion that Webb is "not that kinda guy" to do cameos is about as valid is anyone who does think he might just do that.

Even if it were to be Otto there are still many plausible possibilities like it just being a cameo that's only a nod to the fans or he could even just be a tiny role, with a possibility to be expanded on for a sequel. Who knows? But many of these speculations are hardly ridiculous and to say that is just being abrasive for no good reason.

That is an incredibly left field choice. Though considering his career, maybe it's not so unexpected.

On a side note I was just watching the episode of Top Gear he was on the other day.

Goldblum always gave off this vibe to me that he could pull off a great Otto. A fragile scientist at first who then becomes power-hungry after getting those tentacles wrapped around him(very TSSM).

It just seems to me to be a bit type-casty. Goldblum's a good actor and I like seeing him onscreen, but I'd want more for him personally.

^ I'm not giving away all the aspects of Goldblum's personality of Otto, just the bit of how I feel his Otto could be. That's not saying that's the entirety of Otto I'd want Goldblum to be.

Last edited:
Funny thing about Doc Ock...

I always thought Jeff Goldblum would be a great Otto, lol.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman seems more of the likely candidate. Goldblum would have to dye his hair Ian Malcolm black and gain a little bit of weight to pull the look off.

Why would Goldblum have to dye his hair? Ock's always been dark haired. I don't think it's been set as only black or brown, but that's hardly a concern. Hoffman would likely have to dye his hair (if need be, I could see them just letting him be blonde for the part). Plus Ock isn't always portrayed as fat, so an actor may not have to put on weight or a fat suit.

Why? If he's just a scientist working at Oscorp, what's the problem with giving him an identity from the comics that matches?

If he's just a scientist working at Oscorp, what's the problem with him NOT having an identity from the comics that matches?

No problem at all... its all just fun speculation at this point.

Well we didn't, but thanks for sharing. :oldrazz: j/k

But honestly I don't think that speculating that one of the random pics of a guy at Oscorp the director tweeted as one of his many clues is quite down that road. Not by a long shot. By the way you're acting you'd think people were going "omg he's totally the main villain and will be our Heath Ledger/joker" or some rubbish. Your opinion that Webb is "not that kinda guy" to do cameos is about as valid is anyone who does think he might just do that.

Even if it were to be Otto there are still many plausible possibilities like it just being a cameo that's only a nod to the fans or he could even just be a tiny role, with a possibility to be expanded on for a sequel. Who knows? But many of these speculations are hardly ridiculous and to say that is just being abrasive for no good reason.

Lol. What's ridiculous is that you guys would even accept B.J. Novak as Otto Octavius after he was played by the brilliant Alfred Molina in a film that is widely considered to be one of the best superhero films ever made. It's also a little ridiculous that anyone would think that despite getting a re-imagined Norman Osborn who is most likely being set up to become the Goblin in TASM3, we'd ALSO be getting a re-imagined Otto Octavius to possibly set up something further for a sequel (a possible scenario you just mentioned).

I'm not being abrasive, just moderately logical. I know that's a hard thing to fathom around these parts so I apologize if it's startling to you. :yay:

As stated on another thread, I'm gonna say BJ Novak is playing a young Richard Parker. The coloration of the environment is warm and beige, which matches this pic.

https://twitter.com/MarcW/status/315244847147655168/photo/1

Supposedly an earlier version of Oscorp, compared to the more recent photos we've seen in which Oscorp's environment is much more cold.

Damn thats an intriguing idea. He might just be a minor character, but that does sound like it'd be damn awesome. I wonder if flashbacks (if they have them) are where we see more of Norman too rather than in the present.

Ran into Andrew again today. He was with Charlie Cox, the actor who (most recently to my knowledge) played Owen on Boardwalk Empire, if anyone watches. Hung out with them for a bit before they left. I'm so mad, if I had gotten to the gym earlier (I totally could of, I was being super lazy), I could have played balled with him again. Andrew said he was wondering where I was :(
well take it as a reason to work out , but still he was expected you :up:

As stated on another thread, I'm gonna say BJ Novak is playing a young Richard Parker. The coloration of the environment is warm and beige, which matches this pic.

https://twitter.com/MarcW/status/315244847147655168/photo/1

Supposedly an earlier version of Oscorp, compared to the more recent photos we've seen in which Oscorp's environment is much more cold.

Thumbs up thumbs up. I too was going to mention the similarties in coloration of the supposed "old" Oscorp photo and BJ's...but was a little lazy lol.

Ran into Andrew again today. He was with Charlie Cox, the actor who (most recently to my knowledge) played Owen on Boardwalk Empire, if anyone watches. Hung out with them for a bit before they left. I'm so mad, if I had gotten to the gym earlier (I totally could of, I was being super lazy), I could have played balled with him again. Andrew said he was wondering where I was :(

So lucky man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back