• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spiderman 2 - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd perhaps consider the scene where [BLACKOUT]Gwen arrives to help fight Electro at the end and Spidey sees another Capt. Stacey vision shortly before Electro bursts through it[/BLACKOUT] one.

Yeah while I didn't jump someone next to me did, she must been easy jumpy

And I did call it attempted jump scares ;)

I'm going to watch it tonight. Is there an after credits scene?

yes you see the web shooters as bracelets on his wrist, during the scene Peter is attempting to modify the webbing after the Times Square showdown

YESSS!!!

Although I assume they're the same ones from the first movie and not the new ones? (Due to the still that was released a while back that featured him wearing the old ones.)

Apparently, this is a stupid question, but how was Andrew's acting in that scene?

I thought it was fantastic. His reaction is believable and it had my girlfriend in absolute tears. It is a very distressing moment.

Apparently, this is a stupid question, but how was Andrew's acting in that scene?

Oh God, it's heartbreaking. [BLACKOUT]He's cradling her begging her to stay with him even though she's quite obviously dead.[/BLACKOUT] If superhero movies didn't get so snubbed at the Oscars I'd say it was an Oscar-worthy performance. Even my stoic Grandad who came with me to see it admitted to being choked up.

I got a question to anyone who has seen this, Mysterio nods or easter eggs. Do we have them?

Another rave from an UK movie website:

It wouldn't be a lie to tell you that initially, I wasn't particularly bothered about Marc Webb's sequel to 2012's Amazing Spider-Man. Although I found the original enjoyable, it didn't really leave me with anything, particularly when other Marvel-based franchises seem to be shouting louder and for longer. I still wanted to see this on the opening day, of course, so I braved the crowds*1 and settled in to watch the webslinger in glorious 2D*2…

And my word, I wasn't disappointed. Tonally, this screen-incarnation is as close as I've seen yet to the comic book character; Exciting, touching and, most importantly, fun. The humour's more in a goofy vein than Iron Man's sassiness, and even in its bleakest moments, the film avoids the moroseness of Thor*2, and Marc Webb succeeds - finally - in making Peter Parker an interesting character. That's an essential tool in getting Peter's story to work, yet it's also the events in the film, and his character's handling of them, which allow him to be interesting. Andrew Garfield has made the role his own now (certainly Parker, if not Spider-Man), and he has a great rapport with all of the supporting cast. Emma Stone keeps things on a (relatively) low-flame as Peter's on/off girlfriend Gwen Stacy, whereas Jamie Fox and Dane DeHaan enjoy the hell out of their roles as Max Dillon and Harry Osborn, respectively. Sally Field once again rules the roost as Aunt May, making a sympathetic character without patronising everyone she speaks to.

The story follows several converging threads in Peter Parker's life, which while they lead to a precisely engineered conclusion, often feel like they're jostling for screen-time along the way. My main worry was that the screen-villains*4 would take up too much time and overshadow our hero, whereas what's actually happened is that two of the stories seem almost like they're taken from different screenplays, only syncing together for spectacle rather than narrative value. In the end it works well, but I wanted to see more build-up of Foxx's and DeHaan's characters. Paul Giamatti, for the record, is fantastic, and his character is handled brilliantly.

Spoilers and weighty-analysis will follow in a future review, but let's just say that this could well be the best super-hero film of the year. And that's as much of a surprise to me as anyone else...

The business-end:
• Yes, Stan Lee's got a cameo.
• Yes, there's a mid-credits scene.
• No, there's no post-credits scene. So after the minute-or-so in the army (P.O.W?) camp, you can make a move.

2014rating07.gif

http://worldofblackout.blogspot.com...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Review like that make me all

giphy.gif

What did you think of the movie?

I would go back a few pages but I'm really trying to avoid spoilers.

As a long time SM book reader I loved it. Spidey/Peter Parker and Gwen are centre stage. As it should be. It's not over crowded as we have one main villain and essentially the introduction of two others. We also get answers left over from ASM1 and we see Peter struggling with the promise to Gwen's dad. A criticism of the first. I also think it will improve people's opinions of the first.

Just seen it. I personally really enjoyed it. I think the reviews for this film have been exceptionally harsh personally. Yes there are flaws but there is so much good that I could excuse them. Peter and Gwen are the focus of this film NOT the villains. If you go in with that mind-set you will enjoy it far more. The action was exceptional and the film was very funny.

It is not as good as Spider-Man 2 but it certainly takes the number 2 spot for me. Honestly if you liked TASM1 then I think most of you guys who have not seen it will really like it. I am definitely going to be seeing it again ! I personally give it a 3.5/5.

I think the problem is that they hype them up by getting these great actors to play them, and to get something half-cooked out of that feels like a waste (from what I've gathered). And frankly, there’s no law against having a memorable villain to go along with the deep character stuff. But I’m glad you liked it. Most people seem to, despite the issues.

I thought it was fantastic. His reaction is believable and it had my girlfriend in absolute tears. It is a very distressing moment.

Oh God, it's heartbreaking. [BLACKOUT]He's cradling her begging her to stay with him even though she's quite obviously dead.[/BLACKOUT] If superhero movies didn't get so snubbed at the Oscars I'd say it was an Oscar-worthy performance. Even my stoic Grandad who came with me to see it admitted to being choked up.

Good to hear. Sounds like i should bring some tissues.

Being Spider-man fans, did you notice any easter eggs that are not very obvious (such the Doc Ock tentacles and the Vulture wings)

Can't hold anymore.. :'(

I usually score my films based off of pizza companies.

As a long time SM book reader I loved it. Spidey/Peter Parker and Gwen are centre stage. As it should be. It's not over crowded as we have one main villain and essentially the introduction of two others. We also get answers left over from ASM1 and we see Peter struggling with the promise to Gwen's dad. A criticism of the first. I also think it will improve people's opinions of the first.

Great to hear, glad you enjoyed it. :yay:

I think the problem is that they hype them up by getting these great actors to play them, and to get something half-cooked out of that feels like a waste (from what I've gathered). And frankly, there’s no law against having a memorable villain to go along with the deep character stuff. But I’m glad you liked it. Most people seem to, despite the issues.

Spider-Man villains are complex, but not as complex as Batman villains. Peter Parker and his friends and loved ones are always at the center stage of the best Spider-Man stories, not the villains. Spider-Man's greatest battle has always been within himself, and that's true not just for the movie press release, that's true to the character as well.

Reading that Peter and Gwen are the focus instead of the villains make me excited to see this, I feel movie critics are used more to the traditional set up of hero vs. baddie that comes along with something like Batman, but Spider-Man has always been more focused on his personal cast, much more than any DC or even Marvel characters that have get translated to the big screen.

Just reading all these raves from excited Spider-Man fans make me confident that I'm less than 15 days away from watching THE BEST Spider-Man film ever. :woot:

Good to hear. Sounds like i should bring some tissues.

Being Spider-man fans, did you notice any easter eggs that are not very obvious (such the Doc Ock tentacles and the Vulture wings)

I had kept away from tv spots and trailers so don't know if Alistair Smythe has been revealed but his character was introduced as was Felicia Hardy.

A 7/7? What an odd way to score films. Btw, Avenging Spidey are any of these positives you've shared today going to be on RT?

Very few of them, there are a good lot of reviews - more positive than negative - waiting to be added on RT, but I feel this film is going to EX-PLO-DE in the International Box Office market in the upcoming days. This will be HUGE, and I'm talking $1 Billion huge.

I had kept away from tv spots and trailers so don't know if Alistair Smythe has been revealed but his character was introduced as was Felicia Hardy.

Alistair Smythe's character was revealed, but not Felicia's.

Wait Gwen dies?

Man I did not see that coming. They've never showcased that in trailers and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"