Sequels The Avengers casting thread

Diane Kruger, Abbie Cornish, Alice Eve(though I much prefer her being cast as Enchantress), Jessica Chastain, at this point I'd even be alright with Charlize Theron even though I don't think she's good at physical roles at all.

I'm sure there's more actresses I'm forgetting at the moment.

EDIT: Jessica Biel, Ali Larter, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Rebecca Romijn(she's not mystique anymore so why not)
EDIT 2: Kate Hudson, Naomi Watts, Erica Durance, Julie Benz, Melissa George, Agnes Bruckner, Marley Shelton

Last edited:
I'd rather people stop mentioning Diane Kruger and Alice Eve entirely.

Well considering Kruger is just about perfect for the role, don't expect her suggestion to go away; as for Eve, like I said I much prefer her for Enchantress in Thor 2; though I know some people want her for the new Sue Storm whenever that's supposed to happen.

I honestly don't think Strahovski is a good actress and I'm a fan of Chuck. Not really sure who I want as Ms. Marvel though. I like the Jessica Biel suggestion

Anyway
Patrick Wilson (Watchmen, The A-Team, Little Children) as Hank Pym
i2umc0.jpg

Autumn Reeser (The O.C., No Ordinary Family) as Janet Pym
5lywzc.jpg

Adrian Brody (The Pianist, Predators, Hollywoodland). I disagree with what some others have said. I think he has charisma especially in Hollywoodland and in his brief role in Midnight in Paris
vdz3n9.jpg

I'd rather people stop mentioning Diane Kruger and Alice Eve entirely.
Why?

They're actresses who've actually proven themselves to have range. Something that can't necessarily be said for Strahovski.

Thank you both, I knew I couldn't be the only one who didn't like Yvonne.

I don't dislike her I just don't necessarily get all the love. Yeah she's hot and she was okay in Chuck.

I thought Strahovski turned in the best performance on Chuck, tbh. Otherwise I wouldn't be supporting her either, because most of the acting on Chuck, while fun and fitting for the characters and tone of the show, was pretty one-note, imo. But I felt she was one of the few who sold her character as a flesh-and-blood person and could have just as easily fit in on a much more grounded show.

That said, I think Diane Kruger and Abbie Cornish are also great (and more realistic) choices for the role. No idea about Alice Eve, though.

Last edited:
Strahovski could've been another face but I really liked her in Chuck. She was always believable whenever she needed to get a certain emotion across.

For those of you who have never seen 'Home and Away'. You would've never wanted Hemsworth as Thor after watching that. People can surprise you.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think Strahovski is a good actress and I'm a fan of Chuck. Not really sure who I want as Ms. Marvel though. I like the Jessica Biel suggestion

Anyway
Patrick Wilson (Watchmen, The A-Team, Little Children) as Hank Pym
i2umc0.jpg

Autumn Reeser (The O.C., No Ordinary Family) as Janet Pym
5lywzc.jpg

Agreed with the above, although you should pick some pictures of Autumn where she looks exactly like classic comic book Jan (and I'm not talking about Wasp with the very short, Maria Hill-type hairstyle with the black and yellow outfit):

autumnreeserpic1.jpg

And

Autumn-Reeser-Smiling-Face-Yellow-Background.jpg

I actually think it would be interesting to have a speedster like Quicksilver on the team, don't think we've seen that on the big screen yet. It's one of those things I think only works in a team-based movie and not a solo flick. With Quicksilver comes Scarlet Witch naturally.

Fully CG ala Silver Surfer from F4 2.

Yes but I mean I wonder how they can get the look of the Vision to work on screen. I mean, those colours are kind of eye catching. I suppose if they went Doctor Manhatten esque as inspiration and used a lighter, fleshier look for the colours it can be truthful to the comics and look really good.

Hey man I'm down with that casting! That pic... :salivates:

People can surprise you if you've only seen one thing they were in.

I think Autumn Reeser is ADORABLE, but I want a more Ultimates-style Jan.

Whoever said Alice Eve for Enchantress had a great idea.

Anyway, I came here to make one suggestion I'm 100% positive on:

Alan Tudyk as Hank Pym:

500full.jpg

I know many may think he's too comedic or are turned off by this. However, I know he can be funny (see his role on Firefely/Serenity or Dodgeball), but he can also do drama and having finally seen Dollhouse, I was stunned to see him do menace and scary amazingly well.

dollhouse-tv-series-1x11-screencaps-mq-51.jpg

This guy has a lot of range, he's worked with Joss (again Firefly, Serenity, Dollhouse) and he looks the part. Unless the 2014 film is Edgar Wright's Ant-Man, let this be the guy. Also, with RDJ pushing 50 and Ruffalo over 40, there's room for the other smart guy being a little bit older for this movie.

I dont think age would be used to put down any Marvel choices as you said Ruffalo is over 40, RDJ is 47, and I dont think that any of the Ant-Man choice that Ive seen (Jason Bateman, Lee Pace, Simon Baker, what have you) have been under 30

Anyway, I like Tudyk. Just about everytime I see him he's doing good work. That being said when it comes to Ant-Man they should get someone with a little pull. I dont mean an A List star, but someone with a decent sized fan base. Which come to think of it makes my choice of Patrick Wilson lose a lot of weight. But I wouldnt be mad if Tudyk got it though

I think Tudyk would work great, too.

But I still want to hear more about Edgar Wright's plans for the character(s), because as the script stands now, there's a very good chance that Ant-Man is Scott Lang, with Hank Pym being an aging (aged) Baby Boomer from the 60s. If that turns out to be the case, the Ant-Man casting threads are going to have to tear it all up and start over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"