Sequels The Avengers casting thread

Ms. Marvel … Amber Heard
Black Panther … Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
Ant-Man … Bradley Cooper
Wasp … Milla Jovovich
Vision … Simon Baker
Dr. Strange … Oded Fehr
Quasar … Cam Gigandet

As far as thanos, I don't see what's wrong with the guy who played him during the mid-credits scene. He might not be as tall as thanos' is (6'4 compared to 6'7) but put a couple inch lift in his boots and there's thanos, to me.
thanos.png

Sorry to critique so hard, and this isn't directed towards just you, but it boggles my mind why people want heights to match up exactly to comic book characters, especially ones that are taller than everyone else. You can't tell if someone is 6'7" by looking at them on the screen, or looking at them in a comic book. In fact, height is portrayed so inconsistently in comics it just boggles me why anyone would care about it when it comes to adaptations. The people who make the comics don't care about the height, we, as the audience, can't tell it by looking, how does it ever become a factor. He's taller than everyone else... how can adding four inches make the movie better? Or make him more faithful to the comics? Why is making the actor faithful to an arbitrary number in a superhero encyclopedia relevant? Would we be having this same complaint if he were 6'8" or 7'0" even? I just don't get it. [/rant]

Anyway, to respond to you personally, this is Damion Poitier, on of Whedon's go to big-guys from Firefly and Dollhouse. He played Sheriff Duprez on True Blood season 4 if anyone watches that. Maybe I'll look up his voice later. He doesn't really look like a soprano, though, y'know?

Sorry to critique so hard, and this isn't directed towards just you, but it boggles my mind why people want heights to match up exactly to comic book characters, especially ones that are taller than everyone else. You can't tell if someone is 6'7" by looking at them on the screen, or looking at them in a comic book. In fact, height is portrayed so inconsistently in comics it just boggles me why anyone would care about it when it comes to adaptations. The people who make the comics don't care about the height, we, as the audience, can't tell it by looking, how does it ever become a factor. He's taller than everyone else... how can adding four inches make the movie better? Or make him more faithful to the comics? Why is making the actor faithful to an arbitrary number in a superhero encyclopedia relevant? Would we be having this same complaint if he were 6'8" or 7'0" even? I just don't get it. [/rant]
Meh, No apology needed, I have come to appreciate your posts. Especially in regards to responses of ones I've made.

To be honest, I have never honestly cared that much about height, ususally its age more so for an older hero(reed richards especially lol) however, I think when you think of guys like Thanos, Executioner, people expect them to be look as physically imposing to go along with their (hopefully) powerful screen presence. Seems it's just an additional factor that can add to the character, I guess.

I have tried hard not to fall into the height craze, but it does seem to be a valid qualification to some so for people such as Executioner and Thanos it tends to creep in there. You are completely correct though, in the long run, a good actor makes the role, not just height.

Anyway, to respond to you personally, this is Damion Poitier, on of Whedon's go to big-guys from Firefly and Dollhouse. He played Sheriff Duprez on True Blood season 4 if anyone watches that. Maybe I'll look up his voice later. He doesn't really look like a soprano, though, y'know?

Oh he is a Whedon guy? That's cool. I watch true blood, I can't believe I didn't recognize him, but now that you mention it :doh:DOH

I suppose he doesn't, but, looks can be deceiving. Maybe I will do the same(look up his voice). I guess only time will tell what they plan on doing for The Mad Titan.

I'm sorry, I forgot he is half black, you are kidding right?

The last thing I plan on doing is getting into a tizzy over race. I think he would be great as Luke Cage and I'm going to leave it at that. Don't agree if you don't want, I have no problem with that.

Oh I know. I just think Luke Cage should be black, not half black?

Oh I know. I just think Luke Cage should be black, not half black?

Well, I think Marvel threw all that out the window when Elba got Heimdall.

Rock has a role in a movie about Hercules (he is Hercules) while I don't know particulars about that movie, I think how he does in that part (regardless of movie quality) will be a pretty nice barometer to see if he can tackle ANY marvel character, not even just LC.

Terry Crews for Luke Cage. He looks the part plus he is experienced in both TV and movies, which I think would be a big benefit because I'd like to see the MCU expanded to the small screen and a Heroes for Hire show would be perfect for this.

Too many #1's and #2's next to the roles he's played so far for me to take him as a serious contender to play a role in the MCU as heavy as Thanos.

Terry Crews for Luke Cage. He looks the part plus he is experienced in both TV and movies, which I think would be a big benefit because I'd like to see the MCU expanded to the small screen and a Heroes for Hire show would be perfect for this.

OH MY GOD YES.

Love Terry Crews, he was a riot in White girls

I want Nathan Fillion to play Ant-Man :D

He *is* Ant-Man.
At this point, I'm willing to bet money on it.

There's something very incestuous between Marvel, Disney, ABC, Castle, Ant-Man, Joss Whedon and Fillion. Castle gets a Marvel comic? RDJ shows up on an episode of Castle and cross-promos Avengers? Joss Whedon *literally* says "Ladies and gentlemen, this is Ant-Man" when Nathan Fillion crashes his party at Comic-Con?

[YT]2kkJJn4qFmI[/YT]

Yes, at this point, someone will bring up another YT video where when questioned directly, Fillion says he doesn't have time to play Ant-Man, and doesn't want to play him. To which I'll point out that the interview is over two years old. And a LOT of things have changed since then.

I agree, I think it is almost inevitable that Fillion become Pym. I can't imagine that Wright would put up much of a fuss, and he may even be well suited for his Ant-Man movie. Actually to be honest, I think Whedon, Wright, and Fiege have probably already collectively decided on Fillion.

I agree, I think it is almost inevitable that Fillion become Pym. I can't imagine that Wright would put up much of a fuss, and he may even be well suited for his Ant-Man movie. Actually to be honest, I think Whedon, Wright, and Fiege have probably already collectively decided on Fillion.

So is Marvel pressuring Wright to make his movie contemporary for the sake of the MCU? It seems like he is hell bent and whiskey bound to make his 60s spy thriller, so wouldn't that in effect make his movie not in the MCU?(which would then beg the question why does Joss Whedon even care who is ant-man)

Why would Whedon even care if Fillion is Ant-Man. Wright's clearly making his 60s spy thriller, so wouldn't that, on the surface, make this not a part of this particular MCU that the rest of the movies are in? Has Whedon looked and/or done anything as far as the script? Just curious.

I think there have been several re-writes on the script since the report that it would set in the 60s. I can't imagine they would make an Ant-Man movie and not have it be part of the MCU.

True true, Maybe wright has grown less attached since it's only taken forever to get off the ground. he must be bending to the will of marvel or I'm sure they would have cut ties with him due to the creative differences a la patty jenkins with Thor 2..

Nathan Fillion doesn't really remind me of a super genius.

I hope they get someone more interesting for Ant Man.

Whedon probably cared because, at the time, 60s spy Ant-Man was going to be in the MCU. That's why he got a mention as an old man's friend and SHIELD contact in Thor. Since then, however, the mention was cut out of Thor, and Ant Man was again revealed to be a standalone film.

So is Marvel pressuring Wright to make his movie contemporary for the sake of the MCU? It seems like he is hell bent and whiskey bound to make his 60s spy thriller, so wouldn't that in effect make his movie not in the MCU?(which would then beg the question why does Joss Whedon even care who is ant-man)

No they are not. Fans keep imagining they are, but if they were, they would say something, anything, to indicate they were.

That's true. But being a super genius isn't really what makes Ant-Man interesting, either, is it?

Same here. I like Patrick Wilson in that spot.

Hate it when people say "So and so IS so and so".

giant-man slash ant-man should be patrick wilson and wasp should be allison scagliotti with patrick dempsey as doctor strange

All on the money. This is exactly what I'd go for PLUS the earlier suggestion for Aldis Hodge to play Black Panther.

NONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONONONONONONONONNOONONONONNOONONONONONONONONNONONONONONONONONONONOONNONONONONONNONONONONOO!
No!
I don't like Wasp in EMH and I certainly don't want HER playing a founding Avenger.
NO!

agreed. So much. My least favorite comic book character far and away. I really really really don't want to see her ever. It just, ugh, takes away.

And she always says something like "I'm an Avenger" or "because I'm an Avenger" stuff along that line...its like, really? You are? What can you do? You are annoying and you bring nothing to the team. She will ruin the epicness of the team if she is in it. The ONLY reason I would say to bring her and Pym in for that matter, is Ultron. Just because Jan is almost a given with Pym.

No Black Panther.No anyone else. Just add Ms Marvel, and introduce Mar-vell, and Pym as a shield person, for Ultron NO ONE ELSE.

Last edited:
No they are not. Fans keep imagining they are, but if they were, they would say something, anything, to indicate they were.

You sound very certain despite not knowing a shred more than anyone else. What was that about imagination?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"