The Avengers vs The Dark Knight Rises - Part 1

This discussion has been on the boards for a while.
Which of these 2 movies do you think that is going to make more money?
Which will be the king movie of he year? (Hobbit doesn't count)
Let's begin our discussion

Yeah I was confused as well, wondering why my posts were deleted in the other thread, when in fact I had never posted in there.

We should probably get this thread started...

...Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo Batman sucks.

Dark Knight Rises, easily.

Batman is too large a commodity with too popular and respected of a director/writer to fail.

Pretty much. :oldrazz:

A poster actually wrote me a message earlier today indicating to me that Facebook Likes & dead/empty Batboards = More Anticipation for Avengers.

Guess I should just disregard the Scream Award, iTunes record, E's proclamation that TDKR is the most anticipated film in decades, etc then. :o

Batman fans really don't have to post anything in this thread.

The poll results are embarrassing enough for Avengers fans. :o

No, apparently, that's not the general audience voting so no poll where TDKR is number one counts... unless it's Facebook Likes.

Yes, that logic is indeed sound, and not flawed at all :o :hehe:

tumblr_lp0hkfHhM51qh8nujo1_250.gif

Pretty much. :oldrazz:

A poster actually wrote me a message earlier today indicating to me that Facebook Likes & dead/empty Batboards = More Anticipation for Avengers.

Guess I should just disregard the Scream Award, iTunes record, E's proclamation that TDKR is the most anticipated film in decades, etc then. :o

Fixed that for you.

Batman fans really don't have to post anything in this thread.

The poll results are embarrassing enough for Avengers fans. :o

It doesn't help that the poll is closed so that it's actually impossible to vote anyways. :o

Fixed that for you.

Pretty much.

It wouldn't shocked me if TDKR takes the record back though. When WB gets the marketing monster going again (according to the our ninjas), it'll basically be gargantuan and unstoppable.

It'll be interesting to see where the final trailer lands.

Man, I can't wait until both of these films are out and earning money so we can finally see which film does the most.

Last edited:
I don't give a **** which earns the most. The only people that do are insecure and need validation about there favourite movie (oh my movie earned more than yours! that makes it better... somehow...!) Always the same with all box office obsessives.

All anyone should really give a crap about is the quality of the films. I'm sure both will deliver. I'm sure both will be around 800 million, give or take.

I don't give a **** which earns the most. The only people that do are insecure and need validation about there favourite movie (oh my movie earned more than yours! that makes it better... somehow...!) Always the same with all box office obsessives.

All anyone should really give a crap about is the quality of the films. I'm sure both will deliver. I'm sure both will be around 800 million, give or take.

I don't either, I'm just tired of the constant bickering some people do over which film they think is going to be successful.

From the way it's looking both films are going to be great additions to the cmb family, sure they're going about it differently but they're both shaping up the be great films and that's what matters the most.

Indeed. With Avengers you have high fantasy superhero escapism. With Batman you have a more gritty and relatable story.

It's all about having eclectic tastes in movies. If you only like one type of movie, you're doing it wrong.

Indeed. With Avengers you have high fantasy superhero escapism. With Batman you have a more gritty and relatable story.

It's all about having eclectic tastes in movies. If you only like one type of movie, you're doing it wrong.

Exactly, I for one will be buying tickets to both of these films and I will enjoy them both for two entirely different reasons (pretty much the reasons you listed).

I enjoyed BB, TDK and the Marvel movies. Will see both. Based on the hype/momentum i have seen I would say the avengers will make more money, but that momentum can swing. Both will do big business

Yea i see a lot of people say there isn't as much hype or marketing for TDKR. Well the reason is obvious, TDKR comes out nearly 3 months after Avengers, of course Avengers is gonna have more hype and marketing right now. By the time Avengers actually hits the cinema the marketing campaign of TDKR will be in full swing.

Yea i see a lot of people say there isn't as much hype or marketing for TDKR. Well the reason is obvious, TDKR comes out nearly 3 months after Avengers, of course Avengers is gonna have more hype and marketing right now. By the time Avengers actually hits the cinema the marketing campaign of TDKR will be in full swing.

Precisely. It's reason why I'm tired of the numbers and stats. I tend to view TDKR vs The Avengers as market fluctuations. One minute TDKR is riding the wave, the next The Avengers are. Then the process repeats itself until the films are released.

I'm going to see both of the films but as I said before and I'll say it again; there is no doubt which one will do the best at the box office. It's not a fanboy or fangirl thing it's just a fact that TDKR is a lock to make more than The Avengers. It's coming off of a 530million dollar mega hit and The Avengers is following a movie that did what? 170mil. And the highest grosser in the individual franchises did 318mil. There really isn't a huge battle, the question is how much will The Avengers lose by.

If the question was which movie am I most looking forward to seeing, I would say Avengers hands down. However, if we are going by how much each movie will make, TDKR will win hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"