Gi Joe - Part 1

Reboot this thing entirely or don't do anything at all.

win.png

Duke: Philip Winchester

4cy_Ul_Jx.jpg

Flint: Jon Bernthal

carmen.png

Lady Jaye: Carmen Ejogo

image.png

Stormshadow: Daniel Wu

colt.png

Roadblock: Mike Colter

tumblr_maav4s_R2_Zw1rehvjoo1_500.gif

Cobra Commander: Michael Sheen

graham.png

Destro: Graham McTavish

mar.png

The Baroness: Berenice Marlohe

Last edited:
Sequel or not, the Rock seems to have no interest in coming back.

Good. Just another reason to start over. He was decent as Roadblock but the movie was crap.

gijoedeclassifiedpostersmall.jpg

78414.jpg
78412.jpg
78408.jpg

finished.jpg

gijoedeclassified1c_large.jpg

I'd love to see a near prequel (similar to Rogue One) based on Larry Hama's “Declassified” series, featuring the recruitment of the original 13 agents, and the missions that happened before G.I.JOE #1.

So... GI Joe Renegades?

No.
By "A prequel based on Larry Hama's “Declassified” series" I meant - A prequel based on Larry Hama's “Declassified” series.
Featuring the story of the recruitment of the original 12 -(13) agents, missions that happened before G.I.JOE #1.

Last edited:
Retaliation was sort of like Renegades already.

Snake Eyes spinoff in development.

You mean you don't want to do a Ripcord and Scarlett spinoff? :o

He was the most interesting character in the movies, even to the point I bought a few comics about him, and in those he stood out also.

Even without the movies, Snake Eyes is The most popular character in the history of GI Joe.....

Wonder if they’ll cast a new actor or just have Ray Park reprise Snake Eyes?

What about Lewis Tan? Iron Fist, Into the Badlands and about to be seen on the big screen in Deadpool 2.

ViZCbq6.jpg

Robert Schwentke to Direct 'Snake Eyes' For Paramount and AllSpark

Robert Schwentke, the director of “RED” and “R.I.P.D.,” is set to direct “Snake Eyes,” based on the G.I. Joe universe, for Paramount and Allspark Pictures, individuals with knowledge of the project tell TheWrap.

The third “G.I. Joe’ film in the franchise, based on the world’s most famous toy, will be a spinoff film based upon fan favorite character Snake Eyes. Paramount’s untitled “GI Joe” Snake Eyes spinoff film will open on March 27, 2020.

“Beauty and The Beast” screenwriter Evan Spiliotopoulos wrote the first draft of the screenplay. The story centers on the character’s origins where he tries to become a member of the Arashikage Clan, a ninja clan based in Japan. According to “G.I. Joe vs. Cobra: The Essential Guide,” the Arashikage worked as shadowy assassins for generations, using deception to earn their keep as ninjas, as well as developing a reputation for being able to perform impossible tasks.

Here in the UK we had Action Force, which we received as the pre-curser to having G.I. Joe (even if it held it's name till much later going U.S.) which told of the Baron Ironblood and the Red Shadows transformation to Cobra Commander and so I hope this forms the basis of that story if it's a full re-boot.

EXCLUSIVE: Details on Paramount's 'SNAKE EYES' Solo Film - That Hashtag Show

Paramount Pictures seems to have found the key to successfully rebooting their Transformers franchise with their solo Bumblebee solo film which is already receiving rave reviews. Bumblebee took a deep dive into nostalgia with its 80’s setting and G1 character designs and the gamble appears to have paid off. Now, it appears that the studio is going to roll the dice on rebooting their GI Joe franchise in a similar fashion, beginning with a solo film for one of its most popular characters: Snake Eyes.

Paramount is hoping to capture a little more 80’s kid nostalgia with the film, which will be made working off a script from Evan Spiliotopoulos. Snake Eyes, which is eyeing a late-spring 2019 start of production, will focus on the origin story of the famed GI Joe warrior who finds the family and training he desperately needs amongst a clan of Japanese warriors who must simultaneously thwart a terrorist attack. That origin, as fans of the character will know, has been cobbled together over the years through the various iterations of the character. The Hasbro toy line, an animated series and several different comic book publisher (Marvel and IDW chief among them) have contributed to the story of the real American hero, but we have the scoop on what to expect.

It was recently reported that Ray Park, who played Snake Eyes in the two previous GI Joe films, would not be returning for the origin film as the studio is looking for a younger actor, preferably someone in their early twenties. When we meet this new, younger Snake Eyes, it’ll be as a street fighter in Peru. Driven by the desire to avenge the death of his father, Snake Eyes is apparently a man on the move until he ends up in Japan, where he and his best friend, Tommy, aka Storm Shadow, will begin their training with the Arashikage Clan. The film will see at least 3 of the clan’s legendary masters as they train Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow as Hard Master, Soft Master and Blind Master are all set to appear. Also present at the Arashikage compound is the film’s female lead, Akita. In comic continuity, Junko Akita was an apprentice and lover of Storm Shadow; here she is the head of security and will be a love interest for Snake Eyes.

Of course if it’s a GI Joe movie, Cobra must somehow be present and in this instance their presence is made manifest in what appears to be a character created for the film: Kenta. Kenta is revealed to Storm Shadow’s brother who has long since left his family, the Arashikage, and joined with a rival ninja clan, the Kurayami. It is Kenta who attempts to lure Snake Eyes away from the Arashikage and into a terrorist plot being devised by Cobra. We won’t delve too deeply into spoiler territory here, but we can see what side of things Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow will take and this film certainly seems to set the stage for one of the great comic book rivalries.

Snake Eyes will feature an almost entirely Asian cast (Snake Eyes being one obvious exception), featuring at least 9 lead and supporting roles for which they are only seeking Asian talent. Director Robert Schwentke is currently in talks to helm the project and should things work out between the two sides, we could expect casting to begin shortly after business resumes in Hollywood in 2019. Stay tuned to That Hashtag Show for more on this story as it develops.

I dunno. I feel like that brief flashback in the first movie was enough of an origin story. When the character's whole thing is being completely silent and mysterious, I feel like doing a whole prequel focused on them is kind of a dodgy prospect.

My only frame of reference is an episode on the latest series from 2011. This sounds a lot more like a Street Fighter adaptation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"