The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Info Hunters Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I see what you did there, am I right Fry?

2rub7eoeem.jpg
fry.gif

Who would deny to anyone that they're in talks to be in a Batman movie?

Someone who doesn't feel their career needs a boost from lying about how desirable, talented, and famous they are. Someone who feels they're already established enough.

It smacks of desperation to say you're in talks for something you're not. The studio knows whether or not you're in talks - so when it comes time for them to cast their next movie, do you think they will forget that you lied about "being in talks?" No - they'll realize that you think your talent doesn't speak for itself - so maybe you're not worth casting in the first place.

[quote[ Even if they already know they're not going to be in the movie, they can still further their careers from the situation.[/quote]

Some people further their careers with moves like this - but those are people whose careers NEED furthering and, furthermore, people who do not feel confident in their own body of work and talent.

For others, making such a claim will HARM their careers.

If Tom Cruise was asked if he was in talks to be in TDKR, I'm pretty sure he'd deny it.

With The Dark Knight, the film shot on location in Chicago and Hong Kong, as well as in the Cardington hangars. To film in a city like Chicago requires months of negotiations with the city government, chamber of commerce, agencies, contractors, etc. It's no small feat.

We are months away from filming.

Furthermore, maybe filming is scheduled to start in the studios - so we could be as many as 6 months before on-location shooting has to happen in a city. It could all still be being worked out right now.

Finally, there's a chance that there's very little exterior shooting to be done - TDK took great pains to do a lot of work in the city of Chicago, but maybe TDKR will be mostly in the studio.

It's an even larger feat to do something like this overseas. Whole scenes of The Dark Knight were removed from the script due to lighting issues in Hong Kong

One scene (singular, not plural) was excised, because of flight restrictions in Hong Kong (understandable, given how dense that city is). And it was a scene that was judged to be unnecessary anyway.

and the tricky relations with the Chinese government eventually led to the movie not even being released in China.

That has nothing to do with your argument and is a red herring.

The movie wasn't released in China because of issues with China's totalitarian government, censorship, and the subject matter of the movie. Nothing to do with the difficulty of on-location shooting and such negotiation.

Yet with The Dark Knight Rises, the movie will be shooting in New York, Los Angeles, the UK Hangars, Pittsburgh, Romania and India....As it stands now, this film will be shooting in four countries and three American cities.

Those places are rumors - it's likely that multiple options are being considered, for reasons of cost, convenience, and desirability, and that they will be narrowed down.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that all of this screams of misinformation tactics.

No it doesn't - it "screams" of a movie's pre-production, where final decisions have not been made because it's very early in the process.

You want news now, but there just isn't "news" to put out there yet.

If the movie is set to start shooting in May, and we have no clue where the movie is filming, then there's no way we can go and take on-set photos.

No - it's not like the fans mobilize, pick a few representatives, buy them airplane tickets, and send them to scout for us.

When they start shooting, we'll know where it is, and people that already live there can scout. Nobody gains anything from "hiding the location beforehand."

If we don't know the fake title of the movie, we won't know where it is. If it has multiple fake titles, that makes it nearly impossible to guess.

You are seriously underestimating the resourcefulness and intelligence of both individual fans and the community as a whole.

Secret titles aren't to prevent the fans from getting anything - they're an easy fix to the hassle of passers-by. That's it. Secret titles aren't going to stop those of us who are fans enough to talk about it on message boards.

The other thing to consider is that so many websites are trying to profit off of this movie that not only are they reporting anything and everything without verification, but some of them are starting to flat out make it up.

This has always been true, and it dates to before even the internet came about.

From where I'm sitting, there is so much BS floating around right now that it's quite possibly deliberate.

There's always a lot of BS, and why does the quantity have any bearing on how "deliberate" it is?

WB has taken the security of this film to a whole new level; instead of keeping everything on lockdown (which you know they are) they're also flooding the news market with lies.

They have nothing to gain - no money whatsoever - by spending their time and money on such an effort.

If there have been two different fake scripts, if the real one were to leak we wouldn't believe it.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

In this case, you're confusing studio malice with fandom stupidity. Some fans wrote some fake scripts, for fun, and got kicks out of fooling people they were real, for fun.

That's it. That's all there is to it. And it happens all the time.
If there are fake press releases, we'll second-guess when a real one comes out.

No we won't. Press releases are deliberate announcements by the studio. They want you to believe what they tell you, they're not going to float fake releases so you don't believe the real ones they put out. That's shooting themselves in the foot.

This point of yours doesn't even make the least bit of sense. Sorry, at this point, I'm starting to think you're just wacko.

If there are fifteen different possible shooting locations, we won't know which ones are the right ones.

When they start shooting, they're not going to make 15 different fake film sets and only use one. They'll only be present, and setting up, the ones they actually want to use.

Since scouts don't plan months ahead of time, there's no reason to deliberately fool people about where you're shooting.

I think it's possible that the "viral marketing" campaign for The Dark Knight Rises has already started. They're flooding the market with ********.

You're not talking about viral marketing, you're suggesting a conspiracy to keep things secret. Viral marketing is about publicizing, not hiding.

Either that, or the media is ruining it themselves and the studio is just sitting back and laughing.

I'm sure they are. Nolan definitely is. I know I'm laughing too.

What happened today though wasn't anything new. We're getting crap like this every week. If it's not a fake script, it's a new casting rumor. If it's not a casting rumor, it's a new confirmation. If it's not a confirmation, it's a new villain. If it's not a new villain, it's a fake press release. If not that, a fake interview.

Yup. Because people want it - so others get their kicks out of providing it (falsely).

There's nothing new about trolling or practical jokes.

I'm getting sick of this crap.

Me too.

I've braced myself for the flames. Send them onward.

Not flaming, but your argument is full of holes and irrationality.

There's no conspiracy, because there's nothing to gain.

And the studio is made up of the same kind of moronic human beings that the fandom is made up of. We're all the same - we're all completely fallible.

They're not monolithic, they're not infallible, and they're not masterminds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"