Arrow The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flash Rebirth isn't a bad place to start, either, good Flash story all around if you haven't read it....but I probably recommend the New 52 Flash stuff above most if you want to be up to speed. It's pretty good, one of the best runs he's had in a longtime.

I see what you did there

after seeing these clips, i gotta hold my hands up and say i was wrong about this guy - his time on csi where he played twins i thought was terribly wooden (and he was supposed to be like two different people!)

but here it was like barry from the comics - the geekness, being late and this nervous energy, it all fit and i loved it, cant wait for the ep now :woot:

Yeah. Who the Hell is Geoff Johns? I doubt he knows a damn thing about superheroes.

The sad truth is that he does not know a damn thing about any of the superheroes he doesn't like (i.e. Batman). The only superheroes he knows inside-out are only the ones he likes (Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, etc.). That being said, he likes the Flash so it isn't a problem in this case.

The sad truth is that he does not know a damn thing about any of the superheroes he doesn't like (i.e. Batman). The only superheroes he knows inside-out are only the ones he likes (Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, etc.). That being said, he likes the Flash so it isn't a problem in this case.

isn't that true of all of us

Yeah it is, that complaint really makes no sense. EVERYONE is like that.

isn't that true of all of us

There are two differences between him and us:

1) Most of us (or at least the ones in this conversation at the moment) don't pretend like we know what we're talking about.

2) Most of us have at least a basic understanding of certain characters.

Geoff Johns Wally West run is probably one of the best Flash stories, and Barry's in it a couple times.

I was going to say that it seems a little counter productive to learn more about Arrow's Flash (Barry) by reading about Wally.

It's nice to know he shows up at some point.

I was going to say that it seems a little counter productive to learn more about Arrow's Flash (Barry) by reading about Wally.

If you want to know about Barry, then yeah, it's a bit misleading. However, if you want some solid stories about The Flash as a character, then reading some of the stuff Wally was in really works well. He tried to live up to that image, often referred to the knowledge Barry passed on to him, etc.

Well Barry was dead for 23 years after 1986. Wally West makes up all Flash stories in the modern era of comics up until 2008 when Barry came back.

CBM posted a casting call for the Flash pilot. It lists Iris West and a Detective West.

I hope whoever they get to play Iris has a chemistry test with Grant. The last thing I want is another Laurel situation. Especially because I've liked Iris in all DC media I've seen her in. I wouldn't want to not like her on the show.

Because reading a wikipedia page gives you the same experience as actually reading the stuff. :whatever:

a jaguar fan who can't handle a joke. is that irony? (thats a joke btw)

read the comics all you want, they aren't following it. johns isn't writing the pilot. it's going to be like arrow where the use the story vaguely, and use the characters but don't have to make it exactly like the comics.

I like how grant is a human bobble head though.

Yeah. Who the Hell is Geoff Johns? I doubt he knows a damn thing about superheroes.

he did think the green lantern movie was exactly like the comics he wrote and thought it was good. I doubt anyone thought it was good.

A well respected comic book writer for DC, who often acts as a consultant for writers on the adaptations, such as Arrow.

Hey guys, I missed the pilot because I had to do a thing... can anyone fill me in on how Grant did as Barry? No plot points please unless if they're absolutely essential. I'll see if I can find the episode somewhere or catch a rerun before episode 9.

Hey guys, I missed the pilot because I had to do a thing... can anyone fill me in on how Grant did as Barry? No plot points please unless if they're absolutely essential. I'll see if I can find the episode somewhere or catch a rerun before episode 9.

its not a pilot, a pilots coming next season.

he was pretty decent. not amazing though

What's the deal with the particle accelerator?They've beat beating us over the head with it all season.I only know from the Silver Age,where Barry was hit by lightening and bathed in chemicals.I'll be disappointed if that's not how he gets his powers.:csad:

Grant was charming and likable, but some of the awkwardness he brought to the character felt forced. Bottom line, I really liked him and can't wait to see where they take the character in the future.

When Flash gets his spin-off series from Arrow, I hope there will be time travel, multiverse, and hypertime in addition to the speed force if they decide to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"