The Batcave Lounge aka The Batusi

I adore Quentin’s dialogue. Zahler’s dialogue reminds me of Nic Pizzolatto’s weakest moments. But at the same time he’s got funny zingers!
Quentin's the man, especially late career Quentin. Not sure if anyone else feels the same way but in my opinion Tarantino has done nothing but improve as a filmmaker. His 90s work is great but I don't consider it to be of the same caliber as his last couple films.

It's very Nic like, though despite Nic having a tendency to trip over his own **** I would consider him the better writer. There's just more depth and emotional reality to Pizzolatto's work than Zahler's, who is ultimately a pastiche artist.

Zahler has some film reviews online and they are... unique. Man thinks Daniel Day Lewis is a bad actor.

@SwordOfMorning I sort of agree - I don't know if his movies are strictly better now but they've gotten even funnier. Brad Pitt saying "bonjourno" and "gorlami" in Inglorious Basterds is the funniest moment in cinematic history besides Patrick Bateman's music rants and nobody can convince me otherwise. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are just classics though.

The only ones I hadn't seen were the Kill Bills - I finally watched the first one a month ago and it was okay, left me a bit cold compared to his other stuff. I'll get to the second one eventually.

Hateful Eight might be my favourite (maybe). I love movies that feel like plays wherein that there's really only one major environment and everything takes place there. Wild character interactions in that one lol

@shauner111 I know man, that really messed with me. There was a good one or two week period where I basically was just binging his career over and over again. New Madlib (prod by Four Tet) album is sick btw

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who thinks Hateful Eight is top tier Tarantino. People really slept on that one. Maybe because it’s ‘stagey’ and that’s treated as an absolutely toxic word in film criticism.

It's amazing. I was also playing Red Dead Redemption 2 at the time and getting into Leone spaghetti westerns when I watched that and Django so I was super into the setting haha. Had a blast

It's amazing. I was also playing Red Dead Redemption 2 at the time and getting into Leone spaghetti westerns when I watched that and Django so I was super into the setting haha. Had a blast
Hell yeah. I went through a hardcore Spagwest phase as a teenager and spent so many hours scouring the internet chasing down as many hard to find ones as I could. Ever see any of the other Sergio’s (Corbucci) films? Django’s the most famous of course but The Great Silence is his masterpiece.

@SwordOfMorning I haven't and I need to still see Once Upon a Time in the West. I've only seen the Clint trio. I wanted to find some old Western dime novels and read those but it was right when school started back up again in the fall so I lost the time :/ If you have any more recs def shout em, I'll add them to my watchlist for sure

Check out some Elmore Leonard stuff. He’s known more for his crime stuff, but he started out in westerns and they’re really good. I think Tarantino owns the film rights to a few.

"Once Upon a Time in the West" is really incredible. Besides all the memorable musical themes, there are several shots that will forever be engraved in my mind.
And there're also several masterful sequences, where everything is coming together, framing, music, plot... Yeah, no wonder it's a classic, aha!

Last edited:
Once upon a time in the West is a stone cold masterpiece. The reveal of Henry Fonda is an all-timer, might be the best villain intro ever.

Check out Once Upon a Time in America as well! And don’t sleep on Duck, You Sucker. The latter always gets lost in discussions of Leone’s career.

I love every Tarantino movie from his 9. His dialogue and characters will always be his strength. His direction has been at his peak probably in the last few films. But for me, he’s never been more sincere, mature than Jackie Brown. It’s my personal fav QT and one of my fav movies of all time. A perfect hangout movie. But it’s usually overlooked because “not violent enough brooo!”.

I prefer the natural way he handled gore in the 90’s. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood came close to his old style (his westerns for some reason are more tied to the cartoony violence in Kill Bill). The problem I had with Hateful Eight was he spent too much time towards the end with the mystery as if it’s a swerve, when it’s fairly obvious from the start what’s going on. It’s a movie I feel could have been shorter but the dialogue, cinematography and staging is incredible.

Bastards is his finest work this century. Hollywood is close. Of course nothing he does will ever be more influential than Pulp Fiction but there are a couple of movies in his filmography that are better IMO.

As for Leone, this whole Batman franchise would benefit from his influence. The Good the Bad and The Ugly and Once Upon A Time In The West are untouchable.

Last edited:
Quarantine genuinely had me feeling like Arthur Fleck (before he started to snap obviously). I've been feeling that way for a while but the quarantine just exacerbated it.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that there are more then one Donald Trump's?

I am being serious, there are multiple Donald Trumps out there, he is some type of persona created by the American state as some type of populist American figure to cater politics towards and influence the American population.
I am fully convinced that there's an underground cult dedicated to the former president with everyone calling themselves Donald Trump.

@Eddie Dean That's awesome. The cello in the original is sweet

I still can't believe how well the trailer mix works, it's got the perfect amount of mopiness and powerful orchestral anthem-ness (lol). Can't wait to hear more of the the proper soundtrack

So, now we know the full original DCEU arc.

Very interesting read. Crazy how central the rejected Bruce/Lois love story is.

Interesting how the outline implies Riddler being the main villain of Affleck's solo film, I wonder when that was changed to Deathstroke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"