The Batcave Lounge aka The Batusi

I've tried to appreciate the prequels. I really, really have. Loved them as a lad, have some friends who will defend them to the bitter end and extol their virtues with such passion that it makes me at least give Revenge of the Sith (which has its moments, it is completely hilarious how blatantly obvious the scenes written by Tom Stoppard are) another shot and every time I can barely finish it. I just genuinely don't think George Lucas is or was ever a particularly talented man, I think he just got incredibly lucky and then was smart enough to delegate to more talented people like Lawrence Kasdan and Kershner.

Really want to watch The Clone Wars though! There's a lot of great ideas and thematic stuff in the prequels and from what I've heard they're explored far more effectively there.

RepentantTightAcornbarnacle-small.gif

What about my question though? Does the opening text in any of the movies matter, or is it all stuff to skip?

giphy.gif
Eh you can pretty much understand everything without the crawl in my opinion. Just read the Rise of Skywalker crawl so you can point and laugh at the fact Palps is back just 'cause.

Eh you can pretty much understand everything without the crawl in my opinion. Just read the Rise of Skywalker crawl so you can point and laugh at the fact Palps is back just 'cause.
God that movie has the worst screenplay. My favourite bit in the whole thing is Oscar Isaac desperately trying to sell the horrendous dialogue in the "Somehow... Palpatine returned." scene and just sounding mildly exasperated.

I was a big fan (with caveats) of both Force Awakens and Last Jedi. What a disappointment.

I just genuinely don't think George Lucas is or was ever a particularly talented man, I think he just got incredibly lucky and then was smart enough to delegate to more talented people like Lawrence Kasdan and Kershner.
I saw a video chronicling what A New Hope could have been like, and approving this position of yours.

Thank you for you cooperation.

Sounds interesting.

I saw a video chronicling what A New Hope could have been like, and approving this position of yours.

Thank you for you cooperation.

Sounds interesting.
I'm pretty sure that same video is also what solidified my opinion on Lucas.

Prequel trilogy >>>>>>> sequel trilogy without question.

Duel of Fates fight, ROTS, endless meme material... All so much more worth it than whatever tf the sequels were.

On a related subject... This is great

Last edited:
Prequel trilogy >>>>>>> sequel trilogy without question.
f4d06f0e36c46df0266fa3e0385d0b08.jpg

I thought the Force Awakens was alright, hated the Last Jedi, and haven't bothered with Rise of Skywalker yet. I just hope the last one is not as terrible as Dark Phoenix.

What I saw of the Sequel Trilogy made me ask a lot of questions about the validity of anything.

The prequels might be "more Star Wars " to some but they fail at being entertaining films with characters I want to watch. Hayden Christensen will never be Adam Driver, dude is a hack. Whatever issues there is with Rey I'd still rather watch her story than Anakin's story in the prequels. The dialogue is definitely not as clunky and the performances are a ton better.

There's no comparison to me. Nothing in the sequels is as God awful as prequel dialogue.

I did not find Jar Jar all that awfully annoying

giphy.gif

Vice Admiral purple hair made me glad to see her die.

Just as Revenge of The Sith is pretty dope, regardless of what one has to say about the other two, which honestly do have their merits despite no one wanting to acknowledge them .

I can find room in my heart to defend the Force Awakens.

I fear that it might be nightmarish. On the plus side, it could end up being more meme worthy than the got we've got.

I’m so torn between being happy on principle that a filmmaker is getting to complete his film the way he wanted and my intense desire to never hear anything about Zack Snyder’s DC movies again and for WB to completely move on from them.

I believe the release is them saying "here, you asked, so here and now we're done with it", but the fans will demand JL2 and the Ayer Cut because they suck dick. They're already moving on. Ava on New Gods says that, and so does a new Batman. Next up is Superman.

I believe the release is them saying "here, you asked, so here and now we're done with it", but the fans will demand JL2 and the Ayer Cut because they suck . They're already moving on. Ava on New Gods says that, and so does a new Batman. Next up is Superman.
I'd be fine with the Ayer cut. Ayer has been a lot cooler about all this than Snyder. Zack seems like a nice enough guy and it isn't his fault but him at no point politely asking his fans to not act like vicious little monsters and some of his other comments have made me think a looot less of him. That man has said some... questionable things over the years.

I want to be happy for Snyder fans getting one last ride. I really do. I know lots of nice, intelligent Snyder fans (smart enough that I think they create far more interesting interpretations of MoS/BVS than what the films are actually about) but the problem is how it's not going to be treated as one last ride. After it comes out we'll be in the same place we were before.

I just wanna see it just to laugh at how dog**** it inevitably is lol
I just can't bring myself to watch it as Supes is still barely in the damn thing from everything we know about Justice League. Plus, Zack totally screwed over Superman last time so I don't trust him. I don't know who to blame for never getting a real sequel to Man of Steel and doing The Murdertastic Batman Experience Featuring Superman but yeah it wasn't my thing. I still want to blame WB for Batman being included as I don't believe for a second Snyder wanted that originally, but he still made the decisions he made.

Still, everything else he did outside BvS was good to great to me. I'm all about Army of the Dead.

Last edited:
To be fair to this movie; Superman and Batman did not have any role outside of a cameo before Justice League started having their own title. Then we have the post COIE era where Superman was actively avoiding joining the league.

ATTENTION:

From this point on, we are BANNING talk of Zack Snyder, Justice League, and Batman v Superman in the Matt Reeves Batman related threads. That includes the Lounge. Talk of the Snyder-verse just devolves into flame wars so we are nipping this in the bud now. If you want to talk about those things go to those threads and remain civil. If this continues we will TEMPORARILY LOCK THIS ENTIRE FORUM.

We will take punitive action against you personally if need be.

This is the Robert Pattinson/Matt Reeves Batman forum. Talk about that or don't come here at all. Just because we're in quarantine doesn't mean the rules still don't apply to you.

ATTENTION:

From this point on, we are BANNING talk of Zack Snyder, Justice League, and Batman v Superman in the Matt Reeves Batman related threads. That includes the Lounge. Talk of the Snyder-verse just devolves into flame wars so we are nipping this in the bud now. If you want to talk about those things go to those threads and remain civil. If this continues we will TEMPORARILY LOCK THIS ENTIRE FORUM.

We will take punitive action against you personally if need be.

This is the Robert Pattinson/Matt Reeves Batman forum. Talk about that or don't come here at all. Just because we're in quarantine doesn't mean the rules still don't apply to you.

Smart

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"