The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread - Part 1

That's ok. I can see a really god avvy I want out of the existing gifs you've posted.

To be honest I don't really care about the trading cards, and the Adam West scrapbook book isn't really anything special. However the episode guide is a good addition, and the die-cast Batmobile is nice. The set itself is well put together, and looks good on a shelf. The Blu-ray cases themselves are fine. Series 2 had the most episodes and thus it's stacked with discs, and the spine is thicker. The real star of the show is the show itself. The comparison from grainy old Youtube and HD is night and day. I have requested the new discs, and I'm not hysterical about those few errors like some. But if the option is there, I'm going to take it.

That's disappointing about the scrapbook. I was hoping there was lots of juicy never before seen pics in it.

Got around to watching the special features. The round table with West, Ralph Garman, Kevin Smith, Phil Morris, and Jim Lee is easily my favorite. It was a good length, but man, I could of listened to them talk for hours about the series. Just really great stuff.

tumblr_nf9nnm3JCW1s2wio8o1_500.gif
tumblr_nf9nnm3JCW1s2wio8o2_500.gif

tumblr_nf9nnm3JCW1s2wio8o4_500.gif
tumblr_nf9nnm3JCW1s2wio8o6_500.gif

I always loved the 'emergency bat turn' :funny:

Got around to watching the special features. The round table with West, Ralph Garman, Kevin Smith, Phil Morris, and Jim Lee is easily my favorite. It was a good length, but man, I could of listened to them talk for hours about the series. Just really great stuff.

Awesome. I'm really looking forward to that. I had no idea Jim Lee was a fan of the show.

My girlfriend got me the limited edition a month before Christmas and she knew how excited I would be when I got it so she gave it to me early.

No matter what we get there are will always be those ungrateful a hole fans that will complain about anything we get no matter how great it is.

My girlfriend got me the limited edition a month before Christmas and she knew how excited I would be when I got it so she gave it to me early.

What a great girlfriend you have.

On a side note, I found a neat behind the scenes pic of the big submarine fight from the movie:

1eribs.jpg

Last edited:
I've just gotten Batman '66 season 1, which is awesome so far. The best season on the show.

BTW, has anyone else read the Batman '66 comic?

I've read the comic. It's a fun read but not a patch on the show itself. The main problem is the stories are too brief (some issues are split into two different stories).

Santa dropped this in my stocking this Christmas, making me one very happy Bat-fan. It's like watching a brand new show. :woot:

However, I do have one concern... The aspect ratio seems odd on my tv. The image/video is shown with a black frame surrounding it. I was expecting the two black bars down the side, but not on the top/bottom as well.

Is this normal?

Wait so you've got bars at all four sides of the screen? That doesn't sound normal at all. That would actually annoy me.

Wait so you've got bars at all four sides of the screen? That doesn't sound normal at all. That would actually annoy me.

Yep... I've been watching the show on my PS4 with a 40-something inch TV. Now I can zoom the image to remove the top/bottom bars, but I think it affects the quality slightly.

It's all a tad strange.

Did you look it up on-line and see if it's supposed to be like that?

Did you look it up on-line and see if it's supposed to be like that?

All the screenshots I've seen simply show two black bars at either side of the screen.

It's almost as if the image is in widescreen, but with two black bars. Even the main menu is in widescreen.

Santa dropped this in my stocking this Christmas, making me one very happy Bat-fan. It's like watching a brand new show. :woot:

However, I do have one concern... The aspect ratio seems odd on my tv. The image/video is shown with a black frame surrounding it. I was expecting the two black bars down the side, but not on the top/bottom as well.

Is this normal?

Mine is the same way. I just use a full zoom on the TV, it still shows me pretty much all the picture, so that'll do for me.

That's ridiculous. You shouldn't have to zoom the frame to get a more full picture. It's putting me off buying this now if that's what the screen looks like!

Hi Joker. I'm popping in this thread and forum quickly. My set just has the black bars on the left and right, like the screenshots show. I'm not sure why others would have black bars on all four sides.

Hi Joker. I'm popping in this thread and forum quickly. My set just has the black bars on the left and right, like the screenshots show. I'm not sure why others would have black bars on all four sides.

Well that's both bizarre and reassuring. Thanks for letting me know, mate.

It was always hilarious how so many villains pretended to go straight, and Gordon and Gotham always trusted them time and again and ended up getting burned for it.

I don't think Batman ever bought any of their goody two shoes acts. I remember him saying to Robin in that episode there that Gordon fell for Catwoman's act because she's a very beautiful and enthralling woman, and when he's older he'll learn how easy it is to be duped by the female of the species lol.

Guys make sure your tv is set up correctly. You shouldn't have black bars on all 4 sides of the picture. Check aspect ratio setting. Good luck.

I've watched all the episodes on the Blu-ray set. The show is formulaic, especially when episodes are watched one after the other, but I still love it to bits. It is very much about the concept of something rather than the reality, and if people can roll with that it's a fun time with no creative limits.

I'm looking at buying the B66 Batmobile from Toys R Us, too.

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/collectible-vehicles/batman-adam-west-batmobile-bcg11-20500956

I think that's why the show only lasted three seasons. The formulaic structure of it can only keep audiences interested for so long. Batgirl in season 3 was an attempt to give the show a shake up and new breath of fresh air, but it didn't help that they cut the budget, the number of episodes halved to one a week, and the quality of scripts declined because of that, too.

Julie Newmar's booty in HD is a blessing for the eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"