The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Looks like someone beat me to the punch on tumblr. Dat HD Tusi!

tumblr_newu4fBBxn1s2wio8o1_500.gif

tumblr_newoeiqTMY1s2wio8o1_500.gif

tumblr_newoeiqTMY1s2wio8o2_500.gif

tumblr_newoeiqTMY1s2wio8o3_500.gif

The colors are soooo vibrant :woot:

I'm glad that they didn't go overboard with a more muted color grading.

Well, I decided NOT to buy this set!
There are TONNES of missing Audio Cues!
The first being the Opening Narration of the FIRST Episode!
There are more being discovered and being reported on another forum I frequent.

$200.oo set and they can't even make it a good product!!!
F**K Warner's!

batmanondvd.com

5 installment payment of 35.99
they ship you the set after the first payment is made.
Blu-Ray, plus Adam West Documentary plus Movie, though those ast two ore on DVD.

Also, the batmobile isn't free... They are charging you for it as part of the collection.

just in case it got overlooked.

^^^ They are brilliant. I always loved in that movie intro how each villain's musical theme plays when they appear.

There are scenes missing from some episodes.

Originally Posted by Bruce Campbell
Just put on the two "Marsha" episodes and the scene at the end of the second is missing. All of the Batman episodes are around 25:17 in length but this episode comes up as 24:12 or something like that. a minute or so difference.

This is on episode 2x24, "Marsha's Scheme of Diamonds". There is a standard cut to episode 2x46 as well:

"Riddling Controversy" with John Astin as the Riddler, the scene where the Riddler is hiding behind the Commissioner's desk is omitted when he puts his "pencil flashlight" into a wall outlet.

I'm really enjoying my set , The episodes look so crisp and clear. The special features are a treat in a half that Bat-memorablia was impressive to say the least!

Apparently that 'cut scene' from Riddling Controversy with Riddler hiding behind the Commissioner's desk doesn't exist. The episode is complete.

That's good to hear :up:

I don't care if anything is missing from the weak episodes like the Nora Clavicle one, or the Joker surfing one. Basically season 3 ones.

I think a lot of the worries with this set are just that. For example people were saying the next week bumpers were missing from the early episodes - when they were never on those episodes in the first place.

Oh is that the ones where they'd say "Next week Batman takes on The Penguin".

Man, this show looks so gorgeous on Blu-Ray.

As has been discuss on the HOME THEATER FORUM there is a minute missing from part 2 of the Marsha Queen of Diamonds episode. The ending tagged with the Aunt Hilda.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/336202-batman-dvd-set-missing-tag-scene-in-s2-episode/

The opening narration of the premire episode with the Riddler isn't suppose to be there. It was added later when the show went into reruns.

I have watched the 1st 24 episodes, BEAUTIFULL!!!

Also watched the BATGIRL pilot in the Bat-Rarities sections.
Nice introducation for Barbara but a VERY LAME custome for Killer Moth.
Pilot was NOT remastered.

Last edited:
How are the bonus features, guys and gals who have bought it?

Bought the Season One DVD set last night.
I'm in heaven. :woot:

The colors are so fantastic, and the transfer is unbelievable. Seriously, there are some shots that you would swear were filmed 10 years ago.. It's THAT crisp.

I have no idea what the process of remastering film is, but the team who did this should seriously win an award or something. :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"