The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up the Blu-ray a few days ago. Picture quality is amazing on this one!

I'm still pinching myself, that this series is coming out to buy. I wish they'd hurry up and release some details. :argh:

That would be awesome for one of the DTVs.

I believe many people would:) It's still popular after so many years.

I would even buy a video game based on Batman 66, or something like it:woot: I was a bit disappointed when the rumors about a silver age Batman game turned out to be false.

The scene were Batman and Bruce Wayne both talk to Gordon, using two phones, is pure comic gold.

Also watched 'The Great Escape' from series 3 today. I love the scene where Bruce is having something to eat with Gordon and Barbara. Gordon calls the batphone, Bruce twists his cufflink which activates a warning for Robin in the bat cave, who turns on a pre-recorded message, answering Gordon. Only on this show!

Here's an excellent Batman '66 archival website, with letters, scripts, budgets etc:

http://www.batmantelevisionseries.com/

Two interesting things I discovered in the letters section:

• Catwoman was THE MOST popular villian with children by the end of 1966.
  • Bob Kane asks William Dozier for a better and more legible screen credit. :hehe:

[YT]eCc8XJGSOag[/YT]

I love this I love the way actors played that scene.

Dammit, Warner Bros, I need a press release of some sort. :argh:

We must invent a time machine!:word:

Would you:

A: Travel back in time and watch the show?
B: Travel forward in time and watch the dvd?
C: Kill and eat dinosaurs?

Last edited:
rpfm.jpg

I got your reference. It's from The Avengers, when Captain America understood the reference to The Wizard of Oz. Great movie. The Wizard of Oz, I mean. And Avengers too, of course...fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"