The Batman 1966 TV Series Appreciation Thread!

Matt.S99

Formally batboy99
Reaction score
Lets forget about the dark, tough Batman for a little while and lets remember the light, campy Batman of the ever so loved Batman 1966 TV Series.

Who else here loves it? I'll admit, I'm a much bigger fan of the original Batman and how he is now, but I can't say I'm a Batman fan without ecknowlodging Adam West's Batman. It's classic. No matter what you say about it, if you say you hate it, deep down, you love it:-)o) and to alot of Batman fans, this was the introduction to their fandom.

And let's not forget the beautiful vixens of the show such as Yvonne Craig as Batgirl and Julie Newmar as Catwoman!

Let's talk campyness for a bit!

My favourite villain was Burgess Meredith's Penguin. The others were good, but Burgess was amazing. Perfect casting for the classic Penguin. The waddle, the sqwaks, constantly puffing on the cigarette holder etc. Perfect.

I think the first season on the show was the strongest. The second season was good, but had it's fair share of crappy episodes. Season 3, where Batgirl became a regular cast member, was awful.

I never get tired of Frank Gorshin's Riddler. I'm of the opinion that he was easily the best actor on the show.

King Tut was my favourite character. he was funny as hell.

I love the '66 show, and the movie that accompanied it is my favorite Batman movie.

I never get tired of Frank Gorshin's Riddler. I'm of the opinion that he was easily the best actor on the show.

Gorshin was the best.

This series is pretty great, actually...Joker got it right when he said that season 1 is awesome. The stories were smart, funny, and kinda serious at the same time.

There's a reason why joker, penguin, riddler, and catwoman are icons today: because of meredith, romero, newmar, and gorshin. Hell, gorshin MADE the riddler

and Adam west is a badass...

Anyone got some big pics of any of the Catwomen and of Batgirl?

Cesar Romero Joker
jokerpeli1966.jpg

Burgess Meredith Penguin
penwin_01.jpg

Frank Gorshin Riddler
frank_gorshin_riddler1.jpg

One of many catwomen
Lee Meriwether
catwoman13.jpg

Vincent Price as Egghead
Egghead_batman.jpg

no one else matters.

That pic of Lee is great! Too bad it isnt any bigger.

Haha. Thanks. Im more for Newmar though, but Lee was HOT!
Any Batgirl?
I got one, let me find it...

Joker and Penguin:

penguin_02.jpg

Penguin and Marsha, Queen of diamonds:

zandraandjoe2oi.jpg

batgirl_25.jpg

batgirl_29.jpg

batgirl_30.jpg

batgirl_31.jpg

batgirl_32.jpg

batgirl_33.jpg

And a nice team shot
batgirl_38.jpg

Robin and Batgirl
batgirl_44.jpg

so this is the 1966 catwoman and batgirl appreciation thread then?

D...did you NOT see the Batman pictures??:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"