The Batman 1966 TV Series Appreciation Thread!

I would have liked to talk about this, but all these pictures are making it hard to scroll through this thread. Anyways, the old 60's show was amazing, and I wish they would just release the friggin things on DVD!

I like when Batman tries to rid of the bomb.

Favourite line from movie:

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

I don't like this series too much. Most of time its campioness was just annoying and not even funny; the scripts were just a mess and the acting just bizarrer. But yes, I still enjoy the movie very much as a bizrre comedy as it is the one with more budget and work on it.

Of course I still like details like Joker's moustache under the make-up.

But if you want to see a parody that exceedes the original series, go to youtube, to the jonny168 account. BUT WARNING; go under your own risk since, as incredibly funny as it is, the language is not the most appropiate.

you dont like the series but your avatar is 66 themed?

I hope the rumors of the DVD rights being settled between Fox and WB are true and we get this.

Not to be outdone, Adam West is actually doing a personal project on the series and doing commentarys for the episodes just in case the rights ever do get settled.

I hope the rumors of the DVD rights being settled between Fox and WB are true and we get this.

Not to be outdone, Adam West is actually doing a personal project on the series and doing commentarys for the episodes just in case the rights ever do get settled.
I really really hope so, because this is one of my most wanted DVDs.

I'm all for the dark Batman and all, but this is my favorite Batman. Yeah, it's campy, but that just adds to it's charm.

I'm a fan of the show. I think it's hilarious. It's a comedy. It's an affectionate spoof, like Young Frankenstein and The Munsters are affectionate spoofs of the Boris Karloff Frankenstein films. Not mean spirited. Bob Kane said in Comics Interview, "I loved the show! Now, some fans don't like the show, and probably the people who like the comedic show may not like the dramatic, mysteriouso Micheal Keaton films - but they all agree on one thing, they like Batman. I love the mysteriouso Batman, but I also love the campy show. It was a marvelous spoof, and great for what it was, but it certainly wasn't the definitive Batman. There are the baby boomers who know the TV show; they don't know the dramatic comic book prior to that, so they think Batman is suppose to be a comedy. Then there are the readers who know that he is a vigilante, mysterious, a loner."

I'll always have a fondness for the show. As I remember quite well watching the show religiously on the Family Channel when Burton's Batman was making it's theatrical run. Hell, I remember also making it a point to watch it when the show began airing on the then new FX network in 1994-1995. Along with Green Hornet, and Wonder Woman. Ah, memories.

I watched it when it was on FX in '94, too. I recorded a lot of the episodes then and when the Sci-Fi channel would occasionally play a marathon of it for a day, and when it was airing on TV Land in '03.

stupidholybatman.jpg

spoofpinkbatadamwest.jpg

stupidrecuerdaamigos10.jpg

stupid1468551191c9b7cf4.jpg

stupidu1512339.jpg

stupidadamwest3978256.jpg

stupid1468642377c8eba9d.jpg

:funny:

Last edited:
I remember recording a 4th of July marathon on FX that had Tom Bergeron inbetween certain episodes dressed up as the Joker, Penguin, and the Riddler. I think his co-host on that Breakfast Time show was made up as Catwoman.

Whoa. What is up with that pink cowl?!?!

Nolan will never have villains half as good as this :woot:

Chip on my shoulder? Huh? Dude can't hate Nolan/TDK?

Vincent Price is a zillion times more frightening then Heath Ledger's Joker.

Chip on my shoulder? Huh? Dude can't hate Nolan/TDK?

When you start dissing him in threads that have nothing to do with him or his movies, where nobody has even mentioned him, oh yes you've got a chip on your shoulder about it.

It was one simple sentence. Thats it. No rant or diatribe. Sorry to offend your love for all things Nolan.

The 60's bat-villains rock. Thats all their is to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"