The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never get anything cool like that here... :csad:

Would love to meet Conroy.

24bnhbr.jpg

Julie sent me this last year. Just thought I'd post it because it's pretty cool. Excuse the crap mobile phone pic quality.

This is cool.

Macphisto - I've got the book. It's pretty good. It's not laid out in the best way, and there are some grammar issues. But I'd rather have it than not. If you're a fan of the show I'd probably say check it out. But it's up to you.

Great find, Joker.

You've all probably seen this one but I love it all the same:

THE_DYNAMIC_DUO_by_supersebas.jpg

Fantastic art.

I loved when Adam West as Batman would fold his arms like a bat while pondering his ideas. You remember? I'll try and fins a pic of that.

In the meantime, behold:

westfigure23371-3.jpg

Last edited:
Watched the Bookworm two parter today. In part one "The Bookworm Turns" there's that funny scene that instantly reminds me of B89. A bunch of Bookworm goons surround the dynamic duo. They're wearing glasses. Batman says "Your glasses (looks over at Robin) never hit a man with glasses." He waits for them to take them off, then begins the fight. Keaton Batman didn't adhere to that policy. :funny:

Watched the Bookworm two parter today. In part one "The Bookworm Turns" there's that funny scene that instantly reminds me of B89. A bunch of Bookworm goons surround the dynamic duo. They're wearing glasses. Batman says "Your glasses (looks over at Robin) never hit a man with glasses." He waits for them to take them off, then begins the fight. Keaton Batman didn't adhere to that policy. :funny:

Ha, that's awesome. I never knew that.

No word on Adam West's Walk of Fame Star ceremony... or did I miss it?

It helps that Romero's stache isn't immediately visible.

Only Adam can pull off that pose while doing serious contemplation as Batman.

Tongue firmly in cheek.

That Bookworm episode is one of the best made for TV villain episodes. Roddy McDowell played him, who would go on nearly 30 years later and do the voice of The Mad Hatter in BTAS.

No word on Adam West's Walk of Fame Star ceremony... or did I miss it?

I didn't know he had not got one yet! That's insane.

Damn, what a lovely piece of art. It looks like each of them walked right out of the pages of the comics and into the our world. It's difficult to say the same thing nowadays.

So true.

It pains me that the show is playing on the Hub yet you can't buy the show on DVD. :csad:

It pains me that the show is playing on the Hub yet you can't buy the show on DVD. :csad:

I know. :csad:

The only thing we have in HD is the movie, and I love it. It's a solid representation and snapshot of what the TV series was all about. And probably the height of the era for me. Although I would've preferred Newmar as Catwoman for familiarity purposes, Meriwether wasn't a slouch either. She's excellent. Batman the Movie is something I can put on at any time and watch it all the way through no problems. The budget was bigger and we saw more vehicles. And seeing the main villains interact is a joy.

I didn't know he had not got one yet! That's insane.

Yeah, I've said it before and I'll say it again... even the Olsen Twins have a star. :doh:

Adam's daughter had to lobby hard to get him one, but they finally relented. I was just wondering when the ceremony was.

Best 60s shows ever:

Batman
Get Smart
The Addams Family
The Munsters
The Flintstones
Doctor Who
The Jetsons
The Twilight Zone
The Outer Limits
The Prisoner

There were a lot of great shows made in the 60s.

Come to think of it, does anybody else see Zimmer's Why So Serious as a more demented version of the 60s Joker theme?

BATMANIA_by_supersebas.jpg

EDIT: Credit to supersebas from Deviant Art.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back