The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

I might be get crucified for saying this but I’m eternally grateful that Affleck Batman movie never happened as I really didn’t like the idea of making Deathstroke the main villain at all. Deathstroke would’ve been an unbelievably bland and boring villain as he’s really not that interesting a character, imo, and I don’t think the actor they got for the role would’ve elevated it. He’s just a generic assassin who’s genetically enhanced. The only version of that character I found even remotely interesting was the Ron Perlman voiced one from the Titans cartoon, where they made him more a calculating mastermind instead of a assassin for hire.

Yeah, i hate this idea of shoving deathstroke into batmans rogues gallery and all that.
I already dread the coming dc comics Shadow war arc that involves deathstroke.

I might be get crucified for saying this but I’m eternally grateful that Affleck Batman movie never happened as I really didn’t like the idea of making Deathstroke the main villain at all. Deathstroke would’ve been an unbelievably bland and boring villain as he’s really not that interesting a character, imo, and I don’t think the actor they got for the role would’ve elevated it. He’s just a generic assassin who’s genetically enhanced. The only version of that character I found even remotely interesting was the Ron Perlman voiced one from the Titans cartoon, where they made him more a calculating mastermind instead of a assassin for hire.

I think because Affleck's Batman was such a combat expert and super experienced and also the tallest and biggest Batman we've had, the only other 'fighting' character that could match up to his speed and power would be Deathstroke. So from that point of view, if Affleck's script was more action orientated, it would make sense they went with Deathstroke. But I agree, it doesn't make for much of a complex story as Deathstroke is a fairly one dimensional character. I'm grateful we have Matt's universe instead, which looks far superior to any previous live action iteration of the character

the affleck solo had the potential to be a fun batman movie.

but just from watching the trailers, we are getting something much more interesting here.
hearing the stuff that reeves, pattinson and rest of the cast is saying is music to my ears.
as someone has said - they really did alot of research for this.

I wonder when we'll get updates on Gotham PD and the Penguin series

The latest that we’ve heard on GCPD is when Joe Barton said the script is in executive’s hands. On a podcast he stated that is wondering if he has to move to whatever location they’re going to film at. Still unknown when they’re going to start.

Any of ya'll have opening weekend box office predictions for The Batman for both domestic and overseas? I definitely think it will open above 100 million in domestic markets and a 130-150 million opening overseas

I see both the domestic OW and OS OW going above $100M. This easily the most anticipated comic-book/superhero film since NWH and the BO is completely dead until Uncharted comes out.

We should get a much better idea of just how big its going to be once advance tickets go on sale which is supposedly on February 10th, according to someone really reliable on BOT.

I'm not expecting it to crash sits like NWH did, but if the reviews for this are as amazing as it looks than that's definitely going to help out even more on top of all the great marketing so far.

I see both the domestic OW and OS OW going above $100M. This easily the most anticipated comic-book/superhero film since NWH and the BO is completely dead until Uncharted comes out.

We should get a much better idea of just how big its going to be once advance tickets go on sale which is supposedly on February 10th, according to someone really reliable on BOT.

I'm not expecting it to crash sits like NWH did, but if the reviews for this are as amazing as it looks than that's definitely going to help out even more on top of all the great marketing so far.
My shot-in-the-dark prediction without reviews or metrics is $130m OW domestic, maybe $115m internationally opening weekend. I figure it'll cap off somewhere between $850-1b

I shall point you towards the under-viewed animated series; Beware the Batman. Watch all 26 episodes, and then tell me what you think of our boy Slade.

Sidenote; Slade Wilson and Sam Lane were army buddies, definitely not a bland character.

FKSVwCKWYAIu0K4
Kinda reminds me of the GCPD door in Arkham Knight.

Super random....

But the Bat-cave being in an abandoned train station gives me some TMNT vibes from the sewer lair in the second and third films.
LEnTjxS.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"