• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

It’s really fun trying to find the influences for the next film. Here’s a synopsis for Odd Man Out from the Criterion site (followed by my overboard speculation)..

With our past discussions here about Freeze pulling off robberies to pay for Nora’s treatment, along with the Richard Kuklinski connection (he started out as a thief) maybe you can replace Belfast with Gotham in that synopsis, replace Mason with Fries and use it as inspiration for a third act? Better yet, for the Arkham Origins fans who want to see a bounty on Batman’s head, the idea could be to replace Mason with Wayne as the GCPD or the entire rogues gallery are after the vigilante known as Batman. POV driven, taking place over the course of one night much like Odd Man Out?
It's so interesting to think they probably already have an actor in mind for the role of Victor (if he is in the script) since Matt mentioned he pictured Rob and Paul in their respective roles while writing the first film

One crazy night Batman :eek:

The rogues out to get Batman :wow:

Maybe the police too? :eek:

Omfggggg the watertower? At night??

Sometimes the night is cold enough to freeze water.

Mr. Freeze CONFIRMED.

Seriously, though. That’s what you guys sound like all the time.

Omfggggg the watertower? At night??

Sometimes the night is cold enough to freeze water.

Mr. Freeze CONFIRMED.

Seriously, though. That’s what you guys sound like all the time.

Well, you scoff, but this deduction parody sounds like something straight out of Batman '66.
And which villain was there? Hmm?

green_ice.jpg

That's right. :o

More seriously, in my opinion, speculation is all the fun of anticipating films like this. Whether Tomsin is truely playing to the fans (which by the way is not far-fetched at all) or not, is irrelevant.
It's harmless. And without this, we would be eternally stuck in this infernal loop of lame and false debates about whether Batman kills or not, or about what shades of white the Joker's forehead skin should be...:funny:

Currently rewatching this and a thought occured to me. Wouldn't it be awesome if each entry has a monologue/city pan opening? If the next film does involve a winter setting along with Mr. freeze, id love shots of a snow covered Gotham with a monologue by Bruce to open the movie once more.

Currently rewatching this and a thought occured to me. Wouldn't it be awesome if each entry has a monologue/city pan opening? If the next film does involve a winter setting along with Mr. freeze, id love shots of a snow covered Gotham with a monologue by Bruce to open the movie once more.

I'd like that. We haven't had a winter-themed Batman film since Returns, right? Since I don't believe Batman and Robin is set during winter, it just has Freeze as the villain. If it's winter, I wonder if that would freeze over some of the water from the flood in the prior film.

I wouldn't mind an opening monologue from Fries, but saying that out loud, it would probably be too similar to the opening monologue from "Heart of Ice."

It absolutely should have the monologue at the beginning and end of each movie. It's too goddamn good as a tool to bridge the inner contemplating from the comics onto the big screen to leave out. If you look at the comments for Can't Fight City Halloween, I'd guarantee at least a quarter recite that opening monologue

If it was up to me, there would have been even more voice-overs in the first film. :hmr:
I'd like to have sequences where we hear Batman's reasoning, linking elements to others, making deductions, assumptions, etc...This could give a little more variety instead of simple expository dialogue when it's necessary to recontextualize certain information, or to make some update about the plot.

But otherwise, I like the idea of having the narration in intro and outro of each film as a gimmick. With each time, in association, a piece of music from the 80's or 90's like we had here with Nirvana.

Last edited:
I'd like that. We haven't had a winter-themed Batman film since Returns, right? Since I don't believe Batman and Robin is set during winter, it just has Freeze as the villain. If it's winter, I wonder if that would freeze over some of the water from the flood in the prior film.

I wouldn't mind an opening monologue from Fries, but saying that out loud, it would probably be too similar to the opening monologue from "Heart of Ice."
Agreed. I love how Returns and TDKR utilized snow, and of course TAS. There's something about snow covered Gotham that is just so effective to me. I really hope that's the direction Reeves goes in with the sequel.

Overall, I still really like the film. I still have some nitpicks and things I'm mixed on, but overall I'm happy that Reeves is the one in charge of Batman now.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if people will get what I'm about to say but hear me out.

If you looked at The Batman on paper back before they started filming you'd see a mystery film about Batman hunting down Riddler, who at the same time is killing corrupt officials. which is really simplified but we wouldn't have Had any context. Sounds pretty good and was executed perfectly.

This next film on paper COULD be Batman in a snowy Gotham trying to stop Victor Fries from going on a rampage to save his wife in a race against the clock. That sounds Amazing already on paper, so just imagine the potential it has on screen?

Of course it's a hypothetical essentially but the point still stands.

I'd like an American Psycho-esque monologue as Bruce is going through a fancy rich people event, would be a cool contrast to the first movie.

I'm already impatient for this. And we are probably a year away from any major news.

Pain resides here.
Good thing is, a few months from now we should have casting and plot info for Penguin. Then we can at least follow some of the production in the first half of 2023. Once that's in the can, it's summer and we'll get info on the sequel. Reeves with his new casting gifs, reports of what the plot summary is, trailer for Penguin, air date for the show coinciding with the beginning of sequel filming.

I don't think there will be many gaps where we're just staring into space tbh. This is the time for that then it's non stop starting around Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"