The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

I'm actually out of the loop for The Batman compared to how closely I followed the lead-up to TDK. I heard Matthew McConaughey was cast, but I can't seem to find any other info about it. Can anyone give me the scoop?

I'm actually out of the loop for The Batman compared to how closely I followed the lead-up to TDK. I heard Matthew McConaughey was cast, but I can't seem to find any other info about it. Can anyone give me the scoop?
He is not officially cast. but there's been rumors of him appearing from few semi-reliable sources.

He is not officially cast. but there's been rumors of him appearing from few semi-reliable sources.

Cheers for the update. What's the popular speculation as to who he might play?

A name big as McConaughey's would've been announced... didn't?
Well, everything is possible today.

A name big as McConaughey's would've been announced... didn't?
Well, everything is possible today.
I have sincere doubts that he’s involved, but… no one knew Matt Damon was gonna be in Interstellar until he came on screen. And that was a decent-sized part, so there’s precedent.

I have sincere doubts that he’s involved, but… no one knew Matt Damon was gonna be in Interstellar until he came on screen. And that was a decent-sized part, so there’s precedent.
Yeah, there is. He would be a very good Dent.

I couldn't quite imagine McConaughey as Joker for a while but the idea is rapidly growing on me.

I mean I wouldn't necessarily cast him, but it's the type of scenery chewing role he'd be more inclined to take. And he's just intense enough that it would probably be a no brainer to cast him.

MSDTECH_NL002-H-2021.jpg

Tomlin said the same thing.

Here’s a doozy. What you think of McConaughey as Thomas Wayne? Charming, charismatic, intelligent, funny, likeable in the public eye but in reality: shady AF, corrupt, power hungry.
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it, but if McConaughey is playing anybody, I have a feeling it's Dent. That's if he's in it of course.

I'd honestly be interested to see MM play either Dent or the J man.

What if Bella Real is the Real Riddler?

it’s been in front of us the whole time

OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE

Can't say I'd want The Joker to have a southern drawl.

Or Dent, for that matter.

He wouldn't play Dent, or Thomas Wayne. Come on guys, he'd unquestionably be the biggest star in this movie. It's Joker, or nobody at all.

He wouldn't play Dent, or Thomas Wayne. Come on guys, he'd unquestionably be the biggest star in this movie. It's Joker, or nobody at all.

Two Face could absolutely be written to have an even larger role than Joker in this trilogy. I agree that McC is way too big for lots of other characters though, but Two Face is absolutely a big deal that would warrant someone like him. I guarantee Two Face won't be playing second fiddle like in TDK. Characters can be written to have big sizable roles to warrant having a big name. I can easily imagine Two Face and Penguin as the main villains in the sequel, with them having a turf war, Batman caught in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Netizen95
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"