The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we spend more than 30 seconds on the Wayne Murders in this film, I might walk out of the theater.

The origin can be redone in the opening credits like in Incredible Hulk. It's been done in flashbacks and fully, so this way would be interesting and new plus make some general audience less confused

The general audience wouldn't be confused. Just about everyone knows Batman's origin. No need to revisit it for the umpteenth time.

The general audience wouldn't be confused. Just about everyone knows Batman's origin. No need to revisit it for the umpteenth time.

I meant that this isn't a prequel or sequel to Ben Affleck's Batman

I think that doesn't mean we ignore it. I think it's not about confusion, but I think about connecting with and developing this version of the character's emotional in story building blocks.

All you need is something as simple as their portraits somewhere in Wayne Manor. Or a news person talking about Bruce Wayne could say “Billionare Playboy Bruce Wayne, who inherited the company after his parents’ brutal murder...0” or something to that effect.

That would be awesome or even something like in B'89 with Bruce visiting the spot where his parents died and then vickie vale reading an old newspaper on their death

Just saw somewhere that the villains will now be Riddler, Penguin, Mad Hatter, Catwoman, and Clayface (instead of Scarecrow/Firefly) and Harvey Dent as a supporting character. But I wouldnt put too much stock into it for now. Think it originated from WGTC so its probably false.

I don’t remember the Scarecrow rumours. What were the details on that?

I meant that this isn't a prequel or sequel to Ben Affleck's Batman

I think the audience will realize that with a new cast in the film. I remember some people originally thought Batman Begins was a prequel to Tim Burton's film but I think the majority of the general audience are smarter than that. They don't spend hours on the internet following movie news like us fans but I believe it's only a small % of them that might be a bit confused.

I think that doesn't mean we ignore it. I think it's not about confusion, but I think about connecting with and developing this version of the character's emotional in story building blocks.

I get all that of course. I just don't want a full on death of the Wayne's scene again. Something small like visiting their grave is perfectly fine.

Waiting for a similar tweet from Reeves to confirm start of filming.

giphy.gif

I still wonder visually what this film will feel like. I think we are probably in for a more comic book/TAS vibe but I also can see it still being realistic in a Nolan sense. I feel like it's gonna be a combo of something like Se7en and TAS.

I'm gonna laugh if the movie is completely different than anything we're imagining. Like the movie is set int he 40s, and it's shot all in black and white.

Or the movie is ultra goofy like the 60s show and Brave and the Bold. :hehe:

I felt the realistic nolan world was perfect for that trilogy. it really made it feel like it could actually happen, which heightened how intense it was. With Reeves trilogy, im expecting it to be different but also not totally out of our world.

What Nolan did worked on great with what he was doing, I just like my Batman to be a bit more ig. If Reeves just puts the characters how they are into our world I'd rathe to just suspend belief for a couple hours

I’m honestly expecting something Nolan-esque. I’d be pleasantly surprised if we got something a little more stylized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"