The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NegativeZealousEft-size_restricted.gif

The most recent episode of The Mandolorian gave me major Batman vibes. Wouldn't mind if Reeves took some cues from the combat / hunting.

Why don't these lists ever acknowledge voice actors? Smh

Lots of people grew up with Conroy and Hamill as Batman and Joker

I don’t want to dismiss voice acting, but it’s not the same as live action, even if Conroy and Hamill are the best voices for those characters (I don’t actually think Hamill is, but I know many do). But anyway, there is just overall more than an actor had to do when portraying a character; especially in these movies which often requires something of a physical transformation.

Conroy himself said that live acting is a whole different beast compared to voice acting. It isn't really disrespect when he isn't included in such polls/lists.

I deleted it because it's obviously not Ed Sheeran and I was (and remain) 99.9% certain you already knew that.

lol dafuq, how about Johnny Depp should replace Ed Sheridan as a singer since these 2 are getting confused

I'm basically new here, can someone explain this Ed Sheeran stuff to me?

View attachment 30513

Got in touch with one of the stunt performers of the film. They're currently doing rehearsals and Rob Alonzo is the fight choreographer: Robert Alonzo - IMDb

Interesting choice I guess.
The fight scenes in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood were (almost) all one-sided but powerful and visceral, so he strikes me as a great choice even if this means in all likelihood we won't be getting The Raid type craziness most of the fandom wants (not that it ever felt likely Reeves would go for that to begin with.)

We were never going to get The Raid type of stuff because that film was directed and acted exclusively by stunt people. The only reason that film managed to have the sequences it had was because of that.
Just watched the fight sequences for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, seems promising enough:

What I'm hoping for the fight scenes s that Batman is as skilled and badass as he's supposed to be in the comics, but it's treated with a certain degree of grittiness. So he knows all these martial arts, he's a great fighter and a badass but even then he still struggles in fights because in real life even someone as skilled as Batman would struggle against 10 thugs with weapons like guns and knives. Make the action feel visceral, badass and exciting.

I'm seeing he also did some work on Deadpool and other films, gonna search more clips to get a better idea.

We were never going to get The Raid type of stuff because that film was directed and acted exclusively by stunt people. The only reason that film managed to have the sequences it had was because of that.
Just watched the fight sequences for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, seems promising enough:

What I'm hoping for the fight scenes s that Batman is as skilled and badass as he's supposed to be in the comics, but it's treated with a certain degree of grittiness. So he knows all these martial arts, he's a great fighter and a badass but even then he still struggles in fights because in real life even someone as skilled as Batman would struggle against 10 thugs with weapons like guns and knives. Make the action feel visceral, badass and exciting.

I'm seeing he also did some work on Deadpool and other films, gonna search more clips to get a better idea.

Completely agreed. The Warehouse scene in BvS is a lot of fun but I'm far, far more interested in emphasizing strategy and Bruce's humanity than portraying him as a completely invincible man-beast.

Also, the climax better continue the proud tradition of Paul Dano being one-sidedly savaged by acclaimed character actors.

He also did the fight choreography on a stoner power fantasy called American Ultra:

Promising. Granted, the directing on that film is quite bad though.

I mostly just hope that Batman is not nerfed. Make him badass. Make him the best fighter in the world. But still maintain the humanity. Make every punch and movement count.

Are we thinking we’ll get a first look at the suit within the month?

also, I really have a sneaking suspicion that we’ll get at least a reference to The Joker in this. Considering we’re getting a few scenes in Arkham, wouldn’t be surprised if we get a quick glimpse at Joker in his cell...

Reeves might be secretly looking for his Joker if that's the case.

I hope Reeves and WB do a good job at keeping the plot and other stuff in house. I don’t wanted see leaks like we saw with Disney and Star Wars. Train wreck right there.

The Ed Sheeran guy is probably the Stellarrr Tellarrrr guy. Remember him? He had a thing for rhyming... just wait, this guy is gonna start talking about how he’s keen on Sheeran appearin’

Also, Ed a Sheeran in drag for Poison Ivy. Reeves you coward, make it happen

Reeves might be secretly looking for his Joker if that's the case.
I’m sorry but there’s no way you sign on to direct a Batman movie (with ideas for a trilogy) without thinking about who you’re going to get for Joker. He’s probably already got a shortlist in his head

I think it will be Driver.

I hope he won't focus too much on finding the actor for Joker though. It's too soon. Better keep his mind on this film only.

I hope Reeves and WB do a good job at keeping the plot and other stuff in house. I don’t wanted see leaks like we saw with Disney and Star Wars. Train wreck right there.
The Star Wars ship is usually pretty tight, not a word came out about Baby Yoda for instance. Bad Robot, though, is an infamously leaky ship which is ironic given Abram's at times excessive obsession with secrecy.

WB seems a little hit and miss, Wonder Woman 1984 has been fully detailed for a few months now and Joker's screenplay leaked but I don't believe that's normal. Sadly, though, it's more a matter of if not when a major blockbuster will have its whole story Reddit'd - once they've been screened the cats out of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"