The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relevant political aspects? Uh oh. Cue the crazy youtubers who thrive off anti-SJW ****

tenor.gif

“Keep Politics out of my comics!” say the people oblivious that comics have always had political and social commentary.

It’s funny how our government cracked down harder on superfluous negative actions with young boys with The Comics Code in the ‘50s, The Parental Advisory (music) in the ‘80s/‘90s, and video games post 9/11... but won’t do anything about the actual problem of violence through our own politicians.

Pssh, speak for yourselves. I reject the concept of collective guilt.

But we’re off topic into stuff that won’t go in good directions.
No, please, self-flagellation is always so amusing to watch.

I legitimately can't get this movie out of my head, to the point where it's getting a bit annoying lol.

One thing I'm super excited to see is cops vs Batman and how Gordon fits into that drama (like trying to stop the conflict between them in the trailer). The SWAT/hostage scene in TDK is incredible and Batman Begins' Year One inspired chase is great too. I'm sure there will be some heart-pounding scenes like that here.

It's weird, I might be in the minority, but I don't really care to speculate too much on the villains this time around. I know they'll all be great, especially Dano, but the thing I'm most excited for is just Pattinson and Wright, and what they can bring to the table performance wise. There's SO much they can do with this Gordon x Batman relationship.

To me, Batman is the most interesting character in the Batman franchise and Bruce has just not been explored to his full potential at all in any of the movies for me. The fact this seems like a character study of who Batman is and that its Pattinson is easily the biggest thing that's got me excited about the movie. I cannot wait to see the chemistry with Wright, and how the Holmes / Watson comparisons that Wright has mentioned come to fruition.

Maybe Gordon has experienced discrimination from other officers and can't quite hold onto their loyalty? Maybe the other officers know that he can't be corrupted (so they butt heads with him constantly) and so he's constantly frustrated at knowing that he can't change anything in Gotham by working within the system, which pushes him to working and ultimately becoming friends with Batman? Both? You can take it in so many directions.

It would also be neat if Gordon figures out it's Bruce. It always felt odd to me that Nolan Gordon is utterly shocked during the Bruce reveal at the end of Rises. I like the idea that Gordon knows who it is but does not care at all because he's doing too much good for the city. I like the scene in Haunted Knight where Gordon wonders if Batman has anybody he can go home to at night - and comes to the conclusion that would be impossible because he wouldn't be able to put his life on the line like that. You can have discussions and scenes like this because it's clear that this Batman has a death wish too. I can see Alfred either being a staunch supporter of the behaviour or be completely against it.

Side note: I can't wait to hear Giacchino's emotional themes like Exodus Wounds from War for the Planet of the Apes. That track is killer and easily my favourite thing he's done. I feel his stuff is better when it's more low key

Last edited:
Pattinson as Bats is maybe the biggest reason, outside of Reeves and his enthusiasm, I’m excited for this. He’s gonna be so ****ing dynamic. The causal audience who hasn’t seen him since Twilight, and maybe just got reintroduced with TDATT, can potentially be blown away. They’ll treat him like they treated Phoenix.

I legitimately can't get this movie out of my head, to the point where it's getting a bit annoying lol.

One thing I'm super excited to see is cops vs Batman and how Gordon fits into that drama (like trying to stop the conflict between them in the trailer). The SWAT/hostage scene in TDK is incredible and Batman Begins' Year One inspired chase is great too. I'm sure there will be some heart-pounding scenes like that here.

It's weird, I might be in the minority, but I don't really care to speculate too much on the villains this time around. I know they'll all be great, especially Dano, but the thing I'm most excited for is just Pattinson and Wright, and what they can bring to the table performance wise. There's SO much they can do with this Gordon x Batman relationship.

To me, Batman is the most interesting character in the Batman franchise and Bruce has just not been explored to his full potential at all in any of the movies for me. The fact this seems like a character study of who Batman is and that its Pattinson is easily the biggest thing that's got me excited about the movie. I cannot wait to see the chemistry with Wright, and how the Holmes / Watson comparisons that Wright has mentioned come to fruition.

Maybe Gordon has experienced discrimination from other officers and can't quite hold onto their loyalty? Maybe the other officers know that he can't be corrupted (so they butt heads with him constantly) and so he's constantly frustrated at knowing that he can't change anything in Gotham by working within the system, which pushes him to working and ultimately becoming friends with Batman? Both? You can take it in so many directions.

It would also be neat if Gordon figures out it's Bruce. It always felt odd to me that Nolan Gordon is utterly shocked during the Bruce reveal at the end of Rises. I like the idea that Gordon knows who it is but does not care at all because he's doing too much good for the city. I like the scene in Haunted Knight where Gordon wonders if Batman has anybody he can go home to at night - and comes to the conclusion that would be impossible because he wouldn't be able to put his life on the line like that. You can have discussions and scenes like this because it's clear that this Batman has a death wish too. I can see Alfred either being a staunch supporter of the behaviour or be completely against it.

Side note: I can't wait to hear Giacchino's emotional themes like Exodus Wounds from War for the Planet of the Apes. That track is killer and easily my favourite thing he's done. I feel his stuff is better when it's more low key

I thought about the way batman walks at the crime scene, all recluse and quiet, like every cops look at him and judge his actions and what he is.

Maybe its his first crime scene in the open, and gordon convinced him to come, to trust him to go there, that no one will arrest him even if he is a vigilante, because its his second year the police knows him but the cops never saw him Up close like that.

And their reaction are pretty much : who the **** are you? And they dont seem to like him or Want him there. Probably the majority is corrupt and hes basically their enemy.

So basically I think the main theme between the two will be trust, it will be tested and Gordon may think if it really is the solution.

And yeah it would be great to have Gordon figure it out about Bruce, but maybe a doubt in this one and he clearly knows it in the second one without telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"