The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
iJxLh6y.png

GN0Uw5L.png

@shauner111 yay!!! I tried to message the blogger mom lady but she didn't respond (she has 2 million followers, which makes it bizarre her posting this didn't get picked up at all. Guess her followers aren't Batman fans lol).

I wonder if McConaughey would have his super long hair all gross in Arkham, or if his hair would be shorter (I'd prefer The Gentlemen length when he's out of Arkham). The thing is if the conspiracy ends up being true I doubt we'd find out until the movie is out, considering it would have been an easy hush hush fly out for one day and fly back as soon as possible deal. Maybe the blogger mom saw them out for lunch or something on the day of filming? I have no clue, it's just suspicious how it's so specific and it's not like you can mistake McConaughey for someone else. He was also silent on social media during that entire period and he wasn't right before it
A few things..

You need to be quarantined once you arrive in Canada, for 14 days. Even if you are vaccinated. McRib was last seen doing a little promo in Texas on May 1st I believe. His hair is really long at the moment btw. Maybe he has it long in Arkham over the year he’s been sitting there. Then in the sequel he cuts it. Shoot half his face in the shadows, so you save on time with prosthetic and let the full face reveal happen years from now.

The other thing is, I’m not so sure if she saw Rob and Matthew. It looked more like she screenshotted a fan’s post and then posted it on her IG story. So it could all be second hand nonsense coming from a fan who was trying to spread b.s. I’ll have to look at the photo again.

So how long is Arkham up like that in Guelph? Maybe it’s plausible if he left a day or a week later and was seen arriving? I’m guessing him and Rob were seen separately? He’d likely still be quarantined right now if that’s the case.

I’m of the belief that Harvey Dent will be a Nicholas Hoult or Christopher Abbott type. But if Reeves wants Dent this time to be an older brother version of Harvey...I can see McConaughey saying yes because A) his best bud Woody Harrelson killed it in War for the Planet of The Apes B) like you guys said he’s been looking for the right comic book role (remember, he wanted to play Hulk, so Two Face could be right up his alley since he’s basically playing two ppl wrestling with each other C) he gets to co lead another HBO detective show but in a different role D) it’s a dark twist on the lawyers that he’s played in the past

Then there’s the more far out option: Matt Reeves saw MM in The Beach Bum and cast him as the Joker lmao. Doubt it but what a thought!

@shauner111 NHL players got quarantine reduced to one week a month ago, I bet you actors have reduced time now too. Also, they're probably vaccinated. I wouldn't worry too much about the quarantine time tbh. She didn't share a fan's post, but she did share a pic of the set - as far as I can tell she was the very first person to talk about it. There's no trace of it before then.

I think the earlier rumours for Dent casting when the movie first started up were actually just for the current DA and wires got crossed on nerd sites who just assumed it was Harvey. I really think an older Harvey just makes more sense and I can't see Reeves redoing TDK at all, so I think it being an Abbott type won't happen, personally

I don't know when the Titans filming ends there, but I don't think it matters, they'd have their own schedule to adhere to that wouldn't impact anything else

Good point about Woody connection, I thought a bit about that too. Oscar Isaac also said he'd "play an ape" in any Reeves movie so he's another option I'd love too tbh but McConaughey is definitely my favourite option. With the HBO show on the horizon it just seems to fit the bill

@shauner111 NHL players got quarantine reduced to one week a month ago, I bet you actors have reduced time now too. Also, they're probably vaccinated. I wouldn't worry too much about the quarantine time tbh. She didn't share a fan's post, but she did share a pic of the set - as far as I can tell she was the very first person to talk about it. There's no trace of it before then.

I think the earlier rumours for Dent casting when the movie first started up were actually just for the current DA and wires got crossed on nerd sites who just assumed it was Harvey. I really think an older Harvey just makes more sense and I can't see Reeves redoing TDK at all, so I think it being an Abbott type won't happen, personally

I don't know when the Titans filming ends there, but I don't think it matters, they'd have their own schedule to adhere to that wouldn't impact anything else

Good point about Woody connection, I thought a bit about that too. Oscar Isaac also said he'd "play an ape" in any Reeves movie so he's another option I'd love too tbh but McConaughey is definitely my favourite option. With the HBO show on the horizon it just seems to fit the bill
So if it’s her writing the Pattinson/McConaughey part then she has no reason to lie.

I actually think the Jeremy Strong scoop may have been accurate to Harvey Dent since he’s like 40 and can definitely pass for that age range. McConaughey is like 50 but he can absolutely pass for 40-45 currently. Just look at all his roles. Speaking of which I don’t think I’ve seen a single thing about his future acting plans. Oscar Isaac is the opposite, he has a million roles lined up like Gosling. Matthew and Rob could have been in a new movie together but both in Guelph at the same time Arkham is being set up?? And Rob is free until late this year on Claire Denis’ new movie I think...so it can’t be a coincidence.

Honestly, he’s perfect for a 40 something Dent because he’s like the Tommy Lee Jones choice of this generation. The middle aged actor who is well respected, from Texas, older than Bruce by about 15 years. I can see Bruce looking up to him as Harvey.

God I hope this is true. Just imagine MM being a total badass ordering his twin henchmen around in a sequel. Weeks ago I told Andy that I want Dent at war with Mayor Cobblepot (or Thorne) in the sequel. With one of those guys pulling a street hit on Dent, like having one of Penguin’s goons toss acid in Harvey’s face as he’s about to get in his car one night. Maybe that could still be the backstory within the GCPD show. Falcone gets his right hand (Oz) to do something like this to Dent? Instead of Maroni in a courtroom. Either way Maroni or Penguin, I’d go closer to BTAS with the accident than what Nolan did.

I first heard the rumor from a guy on discord who lives in Guelpth, who said all the people at his wife's work where talking about it. If they heard about it from the mommy blogger I'm not sure. The fact that it hasn't spread... and that we haven't seen anything either from paparazzi or social media from MM or RP for a week before this... hm....

So you think it’s not likely or more likely? There’s something about the hush hush of it that makes me think it’s real for some reason. She has millions of followers btw. There are some women that I’m friends with who follow her on IG, and some women who are stand up comedians. Which gives me even more reason to believe she’s not interested in hits or whatever.

Isn't McConaughey running for governor?

Wasn’t that just a “if McConaughey were to be governor, would you vote for him?” poll? I thought he said recently that he’s not interested in either party or that politics divide us (which I agree with). I think he’s better suited for District Attorney myself :)

@shauner111 @Eddie Dean Yeah I have friends who follow her too. The fact she's literally just a random lady + the fact it's Guelph is seriously compelling. Of all places to make up.. Guelph??? I'm like half an hour away from there. One thing that's possible is they were filming in Guelph but not at the Titans set and she just assumed it was there since people in Guelph would have known there's a "Batman thing" going on already and it seemed to fit the bill. And yeah, the fact there's been no paparazzi for either of them is definitely intriguing too

The gubernatorial run is the biggest red flag for the rumor being BS... but I also think a lot of that talk was just for publicity to sell his book.

Yeah but it’s way too coincidental that MM and Rob would be shooting a Batman movie or even another project in friggin Guelph, which just happens to be the week Arkham Asylum is set up lol.

Rob cut his hair short but he’s still keeping in shape. All they need to do is sneak the batsuit in and Rob hides his new do. As for McConaughey’s hair, maybe he’ll have short hair the next time he pops up on IG. I take it he’s been growing it during the pandemic just out of laziness. And if he needs it cut, they can do it for him during makeup on set. So it’s easier for him to just keep it long. OR what if it’s for Gotham P.D when Bruce had shorter hair? *puts conspiracy hat on*

There is also something called a wig.

I also think Harvey in Arkham with dirty long hair like CondimentKing said would be cool.

I think they're done shooting in Guelph, so the Arkham Asylum set is gone now. I live near there so me and my buddy were going to take a drive over and check it out.

I think they're done shooting in Guelph, so the Arkham Asylum set is gone now. I live near there so me and my buddy were going to take a drive over and check it out.
Jealous! Hope you get to see it.
I saw them filming some of the season 2 finale by Square One in 2019. That was pretty cool to witness.

Weeks ago I told Andy that I want Dent at war with Mayor Cobblepot (or Thorne) in the sequel. With one of those guys pulling a street hit on Dent, like having one of Penguin’s goons toss acid in Harvey’s face as he’s about to get in his car one night.

I’d love to have Rupert Thorne be a big player in the sequel. And I want him to be played by Tony Danza.

upload_2021-5-11_22-47-48.jpeg

Who’s the boss? Rupert Thorne is.

So if it’s her writing the Pattinson/McConaughey part then she has no reason to lie.

I actually think the Jeremy Strong scoop may have been accurate to Harvey Dent since he’s like 40 and can definitely pass for that age range. McConaughey is like 50 but he can absolutely pass for 40-45 currently. Just look at all his roles. Speaking of which I don’t think I’ve seen a single thing about his future acting plans. Oscar Isaac is the opposite, he has a million roles lined up like Gosling. Matthew and Rob could have been in a new movie together but both in Guelph at the same time Arkham is being set up?? And Rob is free until late this year on Claire Denis’ new movie I think...so it can’t be a coincidence.

Honestly, he’s perfect for a 40 something Dent because he’s like the Tommy Lee Jones choice of this generation. The middle aged actor who is well respected, from Texas, older than Bruce by about 15 years. I can see Bruce looking up to him as Harvey.

God I hope this is true. Just imagine MM being a total badass ordering his twin henchmen around in a sequel. Weeks ago I told Andy that I want Dent at war with Mayor Cobblepot (or Thorne) in the sequel. With one of those guys pulling a street hit on Dent, like having one of Penguin’s goons toss acid in Harvey’s face as he’s about to get in his car one night. Maybe that could still be the backstory within the GCPD show. Falcone gets his right hand (Oz) to do something like this to Dent? Instead of Maroni in a courtroom. Either way Maroni or Penguin, I’d go closer to BTAS with the accident than what Nolan did.

It is interesting that Justin Kroll at one time reported they were casting Dent. It was around the time he was getting info on Farrell and Serkis too so you’d think the info was solid. I think I remember Bill from BOF saying he knew Harvey Dent or Two-Face was in the script at one point but I can’t remember if he definitively said he’d been taken out in one of the script revisions or he was just suggesting that’s what might have happened.

Umberto gets everything wrong so I wouldn’t believe him for this. Although Strong has this weasel, wormy politician thing down to a tee, so maybe they did ask him to play Gil Colson but it was too small of a role for him.

I just really think we’re getting the origins of the major rogues and more. Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, Two Face, Joker. Merkel could be Hatter’s origin.

If I remember correctly, Jeremy Strong had scheduling conflict. Before COVID-19 hit they were going to start filming Succession Season 3 during the summer. The Batman wasn’t going to be done with filming until July or August of last year. Would have been interesting to see if he was going to be Dent or Gil Colson.

I don’t like him at all for Dent. And he’d probably be wasted on Colson. I think he would have been a better choice for Zack’s Luthor. Or even the Riddler in that world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"