The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM8idRe.gif

Kind of insane at this point in time in their respective ages, Rob's Batman predecessors were on the cusp of filming or already had a Batman film out.

But he'll be the most convincing as a "young" Batman by a wide margin. Hope he doesn't age too quick with the sequels!

I hope there’s a few years in between each story. If he’s a mid or late 30’s Batman by the end of a trilogy but still operating as Batman from start to finish in that film, then it’ll be perfect. And getting an actor who is currently in their mid 50’s for Alfred is dead on. I think Alfred should only be in his 70’s when Bruce is well into his 40’s.

I still think it’s hilarious how many of the trades ran with the “Rob’s the youngest Batman!” angle, when both in-universe and out, Bale was a 29-30 year old playing a Year One Batman in BB.

I mean, I guess if they were thinking in terms of chronological birth year, but that’s a bit of a “yeah, no ****”.

I hope there’s a few years in between each story. If he’s a mid or late 30’s Batman by the end of a trilogy but still operating as Batman from start to finish in that film, then it’ll be perfect. And getting an actor who is currently in their mid 50’s for Alfred is dead on. I think Alfred should only be in his 70’s when Bruce is well into his 40’s.

Uhm... I don't exactly agree with you. I'd like to have stories detached from each other by a few more years.
I think it's time to see a cinematic Batman with a long career narrated in its entirety.
I mean, Bale's Bruce was Batman for just one year, if you think about it.
Batfleck has a 20 year career but we didn't see anything of it, except easter eggs.

Kilmer had a long career and you can see it from how much he is deeply inside Gotham's underworld.
Batman Forever's scene where dozens of thugs run away immediately just because they saw him on the top of a roof always gives me chills: that's The Batman.
Something similar is in BTAS as well.

I mean, I'd really love to see Battinson going from nearly 30s to 40s or nearly 50s (12 - 15 years, so jumps of 3 / 7 years between each story), arresting dozens of supervillains, being a creature of Gotham just like them, and training Dick Grayson.

Last edited:
It's pretty crazy how stuff works out. I've never seen twilight and the first one came out when I was in high school. It used to annoy me every time I ever heard the name. Fast forward to 2019, and I remember thinking to myself "Robert Pattinson would make a good batman. I don't know why, but it would feel right". Literally, as I was leaving the theater after watching John wick 3, I looked on my phone and found out Robert Pattinson had been cast as Batman. I was shocked honestly.

Uhm... I don't exactly agree with you. I'd like to have stories detached from each other by a few more years.
I think it's time to see a cinematic Batman with a long career narrated in its entirety.
I mean, Bale's Bruce was Batman for just one year, if you think about it.
Batfleck has a 20 year career but we didn't see anything of it, except easter eggs.

Kilmer had a long career and you can see it from how much he is deeply inside Gotham's underworld.
Batman Forever's scene where dozens of thugs run away immediately just because they saw him on the top of a roof always gives me chills: that's The Batman.
Something similar is in BTAS as well.

I mean, I'd really love to see Battinson going from nearly 30s to 40s or nearly 50s (12 - 15 years, so jumps of 3 / 7 years between each story), arresting dozens of supervillains, being a creature of Gotham just like them, and training Dick Grayson.
That’s pretty much what I want though. So if he’s late 20’s in the first movie, then I’d love to see a sequel where he’s around 32. Then for a third he’s around 35-36. If he does a fourth movie he’d be around 39-40. So I think we’re on the same page. 2-5 years in between. They don’t have to specify either (just like they don’t have to specify what decade it’s set in). If you’re talking a full 5 years in between, okay as long as each movie has the same distance (unlike the one year gap between Begins and Knight then boom there’s 8 years between Knight & Rises which made things awkward for fans). And you gotta really fill us in on the Bat adventures in between..

It helps build the rogues gallery quicker, as well as getting a sense of the amount of work Batman has been putting into his crusade in between movies. The Grayson training could either be done as a opening montage or you make that into a whole movie but have the Robin stuff be the montage. By the time you get to the final Pattinson/Reeves film, you have a big rogues gallery and Batman’s close to 10 years in the game. But since he’ll be in his late 30’s with no plans to stop anytime soon, he’ll still look young and in his prime. He’s just more experienced by that point. Everything’s running like clockwork. THAT is when you can bring a monster into it or the Court of Owls (something really out of the ordinary for him).

gonna be exciting seeing a bunch of holidays in this movie. it seems that portion of Long Halloween is being adapted I think.

Kind of insane at this point in time in their respective ages, Rob's Batman predecessors were on the cusp of filming or already had a Batman film out.

But he'll be the most convincing as a "young" Batman by a wide margin. Hope he doesn't age too quick with the sequels!
I want to see this Batman makes mistakes and still be growing in the role, rather than just putting on the suit and being fully formed. By all accounts we'll be getting that.

I believe Robert is a sleeping giant and will be embraced by the fandom is a big way. He already has been, really. I didn't see much complaining when he was announced, in comparison to Keaton or Affleck.

Is there a thread that has all the confirmed or at least HIGHLY suspected spoilers all in one place? Can’t comb through 887 pages and want to know what the story is

Is there a thread that has all the confirmed or at least HIGHLY suspected spoilers all in one place? Can’t comb through 887 pages and want to know what the story is

The spoiler thread might be your best bet but I can't say for sure since I stay out of it.

Spoilers have been hard to come by. We don't even have any idea what Wayne Manor looks like. All we can assume is a crime story similar to The Long Halloween, with elements of Earth One and perhaps the Telltale games. A very exciting mix, particularly the latter. Snyder leaned heavily on The Dark Knight Returns, and I'm ready for more contemporary influences.

Yeah, there is still A LOT we don't know about this movie. The cast and crew are doing a good job on keeping things on lock down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"