The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ain't asking for a reboot in the next year or something. Just eventually.

The problem is, whether we want a reboot soon or not, WB is going to *give* us a reboot relatively soon, because they want to make more Batman movies. At the very least, there will be a rebooted Batman in JLA.

I got to be totally honest. Do we NEED a Batman reboot? I mean, it's only been a few months since the Dark Knight rises release? Give Superman his time in the spotlight, wait at least 3 or 5 years, and THEN do a reboot.

We may not need a reboot, but after the success of the Nolan films we're getting one, sooner rather than later.

I got to be totally honest. Do we NEED a Batman reboot? I mean, it's only been a few months since the Dark Knight rises release? Give Superman his time in the spotlight, wait at least 3 or 5 years, and THEN do a reboot.

I think with the Justice League and Superman coming out then a Batman reboot is necessary. As long as they're good movies then I'll never complain about having too many but I would like to see this reboot last more than 3 films.

if Jeremy Irons were 20 years younger, he would make an exceptional Victor Fries/Mr. Freeze. he's got that cold/chilling voice and a great screen presence. i'm sure he could pull it off now, but lots of makeup/CGI would be needed.

kilcoe-jeremy2.jpg

Mr Freeze is the obvious choice for the villain in a reboot. I wish The Dark Knight Rises could have had Freeze, I would have loved to have been able to see a Nolan Mr. Freeze. Jeremy Irons is a good choice. I could kinda see Alan Rickman doing it, he's got the voice for it, I dont know how he'd look bald though. Bryan Cranston gets suggested for Gordon a lot but he would make a KILLER Mr. Freeze
Bryan_Cranston_14049_1.jpg

James Franco would be an interesting pick for Joker, but what about this guy:

542832_371533186272901_1761751530_n.jpg

if Jeremy Irons were 20 years younger, he would make an exceptional Victor Fries/Mr. Freeze. he's got that cold/chilling voice and a great screen presence. i'm sure he could pull it off now, but lots of makeup/CGI would be needed.

kilcoe-jeremy2.jpg

Not like you wouldn't need a lot of makeup anyway. I mean, my personal pick is John Noble, after all.

Instead of a Joker, how about a troubled youngster who was "inspired" by the 'Legend' known as the Joker and models himself on him (kind of tribute to Heath Ledger)

Think Batman Beyond.

Link to anything other than the horrible rumor that was disputed by JGL's camp?

Mr Freeze is the obvious choice for the villain in a reboot. I wish The Dark Knight Rises could have had Freeze, I would have loved to have been able to see a Nolan Mr. Freeze. Jeremy Irons is a good choice. I could kinda see Alan Rickman doing it, he's got the voice for it, I dont know how he'd look bald though. Bryan Cranston gets suggested for Gordon a lot but he would make a KILLER Mr. Freeze
Bryan_Cranston_14049_1.jpg

This is actually a superb choice :up:

It's a good choice only if he wasn't so perfect for Gordon. It would be a crime to cast him in a Batman movie as someone other than the Commish.

If JGL is Batman in Justice League, and he is playing "John Blake Batman," my excitement for a Justice League movie drops from midnight show to $2 theater.

Instead of a Joker, how about a troubled youngster who was "inspired" by the 'Legend' known as the Joker and models himself on him (kind of tribute to Heath Ledger)

Think Batman Beyond.

I wouldn't do that.

Because in real life we had that situation...
Resulting in a PTSD soldier being shot to death by police.
A kid burning down his school
and a wacko murdering a bunch of toddlers in a nursery

All of them dressed as the Joker. Bit insensitive?

I wouldn't do that.

Because in real life we had that situation...
Resulting in a PTSD soldier being shot to death by police.
A kid burning down his school
and a wacko murdering a bunch of toddlers in a nursery

All of them dressed as the Joker. Bit insensitive?

Point taken. :yay:
Sick ****s like that ruin everything. :cmad:

It was a good idea. But unfortunately, psychos have to spoil things.

I'd like to see a version of Batman: Year Two.

Batman: Gotham Knight

Bruce Wayne/Batman - Ryan Gosling
Judson Caspian/The Reaper - Stephan Lang
James Gordon - Bryan Cranston
Rachel Caspian - Naomi Watts
Dr Leslie Tompkins - Helan Mirran
Joe Chill - Steve Buscemi
Alfred Pennyworth - Charles Dance
Harvey Bullock - Jon Bernthal
Renee Montoya - Paula Garces
Crispus Allen -
Lucius Fox - Dennis Haysbert

Last edited:
if Ray Stevenson was only 10-15 years younger, he'd make an awesome Bruce/Batman

James Franco would be an interesting pick for Joker, but what about this guy:

542832_371533186272901_1761751530_n.jpg

Depp was my top choice for a long time, but that was back in 2005-2006. My respect for his current state as an actor has gone down hill so much since then.

On a side note, anybody remember when movie hole reported (probably late 2005) that Depp was cast as The Joker and Rachel Weisz was playing Talia in The Dark Knight (which was still untitled at that point).

Batman Saves The World (2013)
Directed by Kathryn Bigelow
Written by Grant Morrison
Music by Daft Punk

Josh Brolin - Batman

josh-brolin-21-1.jpg

Ian McShane - Alfred Pennyworth

mcshane.png

Keith David - Lucius Fox

KeithDavidKeithDavidFilmsCloudAtlasayyFltm5PmAl-1.jpg

Jessica Chastain - Catwoman

Jessica-Chastain-in-Lawless-1.jpg