The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they ever have Vicky Vale again, they should get Rebecca Romijn.

Similar to Roth, how about Christoph Waltz getting another chance to be a good guy?

I don't think Craig is ready to move into supporting roles yet. Maybe in 10 years.

Daniel Craig is Gordon or nothing.

I actually like the sound of Daniel Craig as Mr. Freeze. Ed Harris was my personal favorite, but he's getting in the feeble range now.

I don't think Craig is ready to move into supporting roles yet. Maybe in 10 years.

tumblr_p033cgjGVf1vj8ggto1_r1_500.gif

I know Bill Skarsgård has already played an evil clown but I do have to agree that he would probably make a good Joker. I’ve been watching Castle Rock and he’s really good in it; it’s a much, MUCH more subtle performance than Pennywise. Also, he really looks like a young Willem Defoe, who I’ve also seen fancast for the Joker a lot.

Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne

t_BRXg4jc_o.jpg

Michael Shannon as Captain James Gordon

vlcsnap_2018_07_28_12h46m55s923.png

Brendan Gleeson as Alfred Pennyworth

maxresdefault.jpg

Isiah Whitlock Jr. as Lucius Fox

CHi_Ps_282_29.png

Eamon Farren as The Joker

3600.jpg

Vanessa Kirby as Selina Kyle

MV5_BNj_Ji_ODQ5_NWUt_Zm_Vh_Yy00_M2_M1_LTll_MTIt_ZTAy_NDg5_N2_Rh_Yz_Uy_Xk_Ey_Xk_Fqc_Gde_QXVy_Nj_Aw_Mj_I5_MDk_V1.jpg

Rory Kinnear as The Penguin

rory_kinnear_in_the_threepenny_opera_106234.jpg

Micheal Cera as The Riddler

1_magic_magic.jpg

Bruce Wayne/Batman ... Aaron Taylor-Johnson
vlcsnap-2014-10-05-14h04m40s12.png

Alfred Pennyworth ... Pip Torrens
tumblr_ojxy6vfmra1r7kt8ko4_1280.png

Jim Gordon ... Ethan Hawke
boyhood.jpg

Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin ... Simon Russell Beale
Simon%2BRussell%2BBeale%2BThe%2BDeath%2Bof%2BStalin.PNG

The Joker ... Caleb Landry Jones
6e7e5de9aa4eac802fe1698718380b93--caleb-landry-jones-vampire.jpg

Bruce Wayne/Batman ... Aaron Taylor-Johnson
vlcsnap-2014-10-05-14h04m40s12.png
I'm warming up to this. His turn in Nocturnal Animals was unsettling, and even before then he's showed to be chameleon-like with his performances.

Right look, Right age, right height, and right build:

ATJ_Boxing-Gym_Shot002_003_v2-804x1024.jpg

gallery_showbiz-aaron-taylor-johnson-mens-health-1.jpg

That last one is classic Bruce.

batman-training_main.jpg

screen-shot-2012-08-16-at-5.39.53-pm.png

He's probably the only actor I know under 30 years old who checks off a lot of those boxes and has some bona fide Hollywood credits to his name.

He'd look good in a Neal Adams cowl.

He's probably the only actor I know under 30 years old who checks off a lot of those boxes and has some bona fide Hollywood credits to his name.

He'd look good in a Neal Adams cowl.

I also like the dramatic chops that Jack O'Connell could bring and I think Hoult could do well too, but yeah ATJ is warming up more and more for me. My guess is whoever Reeves picks will feel more like Keaton or Bale than Affleck as far as looks and acting credits go.

I have a feeling we might still see Irons return for Alfred, but Gordon is almost definitely getting recast IMO. LOVE the fan-cast of Ethan Hawke for a younger Gordon with that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"