The Batman Reboot JOKER Casting Thread

I think Leto is a great actor, but I just feel very weird that we might already be getting a new Joker this soon after Ledger, after he left such a mark. And it was kind of a weird coincidence for me that this news came out the same time as Toy Story 4's announcement, which I feel very similarly about. But it was all inevitable, I suppose.

Woody, Buzz, and The Man Who Laughs put asses in seats.

I think Leto is a great actor, but I just feel very weird that we might already be getting a new Joker this soon after Ledger, after he left such a mark. And it was kind of a weird coincidence for me that this news came out the same time as Toy Story 4's announcement, which I feel very similarly about. But it was all inevitable, I suppose.

Woody, Buzz, and The Man Who Laughs put asses in seats.
awesome avatar, do u know what episode that's from?

I don't know a thing about the Suicide Squad except that they are some kind of merc group or something. Maybe Joker is hiring the Suicide Squad to go after Batman and then the Suicide Sqaud film could lead into a solo Bat film.

I don't know a thing about the Suicide Squad except that they are some kind of merc group or something. Maybe Joker is hiring the Suicide Squad to go after Batman and then the Suicide Sqaud film could lead into a solo Bat film.
nah no chance the Squad would work for the Joker unless he was masquerading as someone else

The Squad is a top secret government organization

check out the movie Assault on Arkham, that'll tell you all you need to know about the Squad. The Joker would probably be a target of the Squad's

Double post.

Last edited:
We're back to "hiring" plots.

Every upcoming movie goes through a phase where it is speculated that many of the characters "hire" each other in the story. A genuine Hype phenomenon.

awesome avatar, do u know what episode that's from?

Haha, thank you, it's from "Ghost Host," the one where The Flying Dutchman moves into Spongebob's house.

nah no chance the Squad would work for the Joker unless he was masquerading as someone else

The Squad is a top secret government organization

check out the movie Assault on Arkham, that'll tell you all you need to know about the Squad. The Joker would probably be a target of the Squad's

What about the Suicide Squad vs Joker?

Agreed, I don't like the idea The Joker doing missions as part of a team either. But Harley Quinn seems to be confirmed for Suicide Squad, which means Joker absolutely needs to be worked in there somewhere.

By the way, what do we think of Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn?

dr_harleen_quinzel__harley_quinn__by_lorena_carvalho-d5yylc3.jpg

Margot1.jpg

I'm definitely a fan of this casting, and now that I think about it, she kinda did give off a Quinn vibe in Wolf of Wall Street, especially with her voice.

How anyone could complain it's too soon for Joker is beyond me. It will be 8 years next time he shows up. How long do you want to wait? No one is bigger than the character

I agree. What's more, he is a character who offers a number of alternative interpretations.

On Margot Robbie: I have never seen her in anything but a gif of her posing naked. On that basis, she seems like a great choice.

I agree. What's more, he is a character who offers a number of alternative interpretations.

On Margot Robbie: I have never seen her in anything but a gif of her posing naked. On that basis, she seems like a great choice.
Ah, the male sexual appetite clouding all forms of judgement, yet again :)

Heh, I just meant that she had acquitted herself admirably in the one piece of media in which I had seen her perform.

And a naked gif is all one needs to see, to know that she'll make for a good Harley?
I never took you for that sort, reg! :wow:
You usually judge on the merit of acting, not by the naked body of a beautiful young lady.

(Pulling your leg :p)

Watch The Wolf Of Wall Street, you won't be disappointed Reg. She's a great actress.

How anyone could complain it's too soon for Joker is beyond me. It will be 8 years next time he shows up. How long do you want to wait?
Well, if you put it that way: how long do we want to wait for Riddler and Penguin? It's been 19 and 22 years since we last saw them.

I think "Gotham" is fairly poor, but I do quite like what the have done with The Penguin. I wouldn't endorse it as seminal or even my favorite approach, but the actor does sell the sense that he constantly repressing a murderous rage with sycophancy.

For me, any definitive Penguin would have to make some kind of reference to Burgess Meredith. He looms large over the part; BTAS seemed to show an understanding of that.

Burgess will always be my favourite Penguin.
And I do love RTL's portrayal. He's a good mix of Burgess and Danny's Penguin.

I really want to see Sam Rockwell but I doubt it will happen. The idea of Leto isn't crazy.

Neal McDonough. Wouldn't be the usual wiry Joker, but he played a very Joker like chracter on Justified.

Leto seems 'tied in' according to press today, admits to not being able to say anything about rumours, equals 'it's me'....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"