The Batman & Robin Hype

Ultron-5

Sidekick
Reaction score
How hyped were you guys for Batman & Robin back before it was released in 1997? What was your reaction to images, the trailers and tv spots, and the marketing in general?

The last premiere of the Burton/Shumacher series.

813.jpg

I remember thinking Ivy looked cool and very comic book accurate. Mr. Freeze looked good to me, too, at the time. But I don't think I was very hyped for the movie because Batman Forever didn't wow me back in '95. And Batman being recast for a second time was also off putting.

Last edited:
I was much more hyped for Batman Forever. Like The Joker already mentioned the initial letdown of BF (I like it more now than I did then) and then Kilmer getting recast with a TV actor kept me away from getting fully hyped for B&R while it was in production.

I don't remember thinking much of it until the first trailer hit and it looked a bit better than what I expected. Then opening weekend came...

I remember being 10, first seeing the trailer in the Warner Brothers store (remember those?). Prior to seeing the trailer I wasn't happy about the news that Batman had be recast again, but the trailer sold me on it being a good movie that dealt with more of a Bat-family dynamic. I got excited when I saw it and tried to hang around the store long enough for it to play again.

The use of Elfman's score on a Schumacher trailer can be really deceiving...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"