The BATSUIT Thread

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Boom, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

White lenses should be used sparingly imo. Doesn't need to be a constant thing.

2. Nightwatcher11

Nightwatcher11 Insomniac

Specifically I meant the prototype suit. But I agree. Most of their designs are too metal and flashy for my liking.

3. AndrewGilkison

AndrewGilkison Registered

Why does it need to be used sparingly?

Batman is supposed to be this larger than life creature of the night that strikes fear in the heart of criminals. It makes perfect sense that Bruce Wayne would not want them to get a good look at his eyes while he's wearing the suit (not to mention the tech in the lenses would be a good tool for him to use).

It might have made sense to forgo the comic book lenses in the 66 TV show or previous live action Batman incarnations (when CGI wasn't there yet to do it in a way that looked good), but now we have the ability to truly being comic book Batman to the screen. I want to see that.

Kirk Langstrom likes this.
  4. antsman41

antsman41 Belongs To Prince

I thought we stopped listening to Jett's "scoops" since 2006/2007. He busted real hard with many of his TDK scoops and has been nothing more than speculation and lies.

5. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I get all that. And I want to see the white eyes. but I don't want them at all times. I like seeing the actors eyes underneath. so I'm all for lenses, but mostly for really special moments. As opposed to at all times in the mask.

Astro13Zombie likes this.
  6. Gothamsknight

Gothamsknight Registered

7. Blind Bat

Blind Bat Bat out of Hell's Kitchen

5 things I want to see from the batsuit in this movie:

1) The suit needs to be gray. I will NOT tolerate a switch back to the days of all black. For all intents and purposes this looks to be the case.

2) The suit needs to be cloth-like. With the advent of the Captain America suits in the MCU, I want to see the batsuit take cues from those. Not a direct copy, but make the suit look more like textured fabric.

3) Lenses on the cowl. I mean, if Black Panther can have white lenses on his mask, why not Batman? It's long overdue.

4) Medium length ears on the cowl. I hate the teeny tiny ears we see sometimes in comics, but I also hate the towering ears we see from guys like Tim Sale or Kelley Jones. Nice, medium length ears is the way to go, imo (think Arkham Origins)

5) For once I want a cape in live action that can do this:
    [​IMG]

If I see something like that in live action I would literally cry tears of joy...

Everything else (yellow oval vs plain black bat, black vs dark blue, etc) is secondary. I can see any of those choices looking good, but those 5 are what I really want to see.

Kirk Langstrom and hafizbat like this.
  8. Nightwatcher11

Nightwatcher11 Insomniac

ABDC4B73-44B7-4A59-AE91-EEC92C77DC77.jpeg 3EC8648C-F19B-497B-ACE6-AD2525D22316.jpeg Something along the lines of this would be perfect for me. First time trying to upload photos so I apologize if they don’t show or are horrible quality. I think this is a nice way to utilize the white eyes aspect but I’m fine without them.

thebatfan5194 and hafizbat like this.
  9. hafizbat

hafizbat Registered

Tell that to these great performances. There have been excellent characters who never show the actor's face...while here we still have the Bruce Wayne scenes, scenes with the cowl off, etc. I don't get why some people are so afraid of the white lenses. IMO they add to the aura and mystique of Batman. It's not as if the entire movie is spent in the Batsuit either. Why not go all out for the scenes when Pattinson dons the cowl?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2559 hafizbat, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Nightwatcher11 likes this.
  10. hafizbat

hafizbat Registered

I'd like to see a Batman that can elicit a real-life reaction like in this great scene. Batman should be larger than life. White lenses can provide the haunting, eerie quality he should have.

11. Kirk Langstrom

Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

On board with ALL of this!

12. TheGuy

TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

Alfred wouldn't give off such a reaction for a young veteran Batman, but could see it for his sidekicks.

13. Invader Joker

Invader Joker Registered

Actually the intention was that Alfred was taken aback of how obsessive and driven by anger Bruce became than how he looked in the cowl.

14. rockandrollsoul

rockandrollsoul Registered

I would argue that, in both those examples, the characters' faces/eyes are covered to create an intentional disconnect from the audience. In a movie that aims to delve into the psyche of Batman in a way that hasn't yet been explored, why limit his range of expression?

15. lujho

lujho Registered

That looks great, what is it? I know it's from the Telltale games, but it doesn't seem to be the main suit for either season - is it a flashback suit?

16. Gothamsknight

Gothamsknight Registered

Man, this scene still gives me so many chills.

17. batman_1989_

batman_1989_ Registered

It looks a lot like a slimmer Batfleck suit...I'd be fine with that.

18. B

B [insert witty comment]

I'm sure it's been brought up in here before but I'd actually like to see contacts on the actors eyes as opposed to lenses attached to the cowl.

If it needs to be explained, they help him see in darker areas.

19. Whatupman

Whatupman Registered

How about Daredevil then? The show definitely delved into his psyche and the audience didn't feel disconnected from him.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hafizbat likes this.
  20. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

We can argue back and forth all day long about the feasibility of lenses, but at the end of the day it ultimately boils down to what Reeves wants. If he wants Pattinson to be able to communicate with his eyes, then there won't be lenses. At least not in a permanent capacity.

It's really just that simple.

21. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

I'd also argue in the case of Daredevil, we're not meant to be drawn to his eyes while he's in costume - just by virtue of him being blind. The character is animalistic and relies almost entirely on brute force to get the job done. It makes him quite scary to watch when he's taking down an entire group of thugs, but I can't say I was ever particularly focused on what his eyes were doing.

From all accounts, Reeves' Batman is going to be the more cerebral type. Doing detective work, reading people. You'll want to follow his eyes and see the gears turning. The idea of him interrogating a suspect and us not being able to see what his eyes are doing isn't a particularly appealing one to me.

22. TheIronist

TheIronist Registered

I just hope the new costume designer can replicate the headturn. :halo:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

Start by moving away from the sculpted rubber masks.

24. Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie Registered

Too bad it didn’t look that good from the front. :funny:
    No flabby neck please.

25. Whatupman

Whatupman Registered

I see your point, but I would argue that Daredevil didn't rely on brute force as much as you make it seem. He did plenty of detective work and reading people. But I can understand that you want to see Batman's eyes. I'm not exactly sure what I want.