The BATSUIT Thread

That's not what you were saying, though. You just pivoted away. You were talking about depth and complexity. Now you're saying "quality over quantity". Those are two completely different things. Are you trying to tell me there was depth and complexity to Spiderman in Civil War?

I get you don't like Batman in BvS. I'm not trying to persuade you otherwise. I'm just saying, it's not a good example to bring up its failures, due to the lack depth and complexity of Batman, when the movie isn't centered around him.
The movie is litetally called Batman v. Superman and starts off by showing the death of his parents and he gets the final line. There was a lot of opportunity to show the depth of the character beyond the superficial elements

The movie is litetally called Batman v. Superman and starts off by showing the death of his parents and he gets the final line. There was a lot of opportunity to show the depth of the character beyond the superficial elements
Yeah, but they didn't: that's the point I'm making. The movie wasn't about Batman. It wasn't centered around Batman. It didn't go into the depth of Batman's character. And you know this too, because you just admitted to it, as well.

So I don't understand why you're trying to disagree with me here? :hehe:

Again, I'm not trying to persuade anybody into liking Batman in BvS. I'm just saying, pointing to that particular version of Batman, and saying it failed due to "depth and complexity" is a silly thing to bring up, as the movie didn't delve into the depth or complexity of Batman, in the same way Marvel didn't delve into the depth or complexity of Spiderman or Hulk in Ragnarok or Civil War. If Hafizbat initially said, "quality over quantity", it would make sense, and I could see his point.

Last edited:
Yeah, but they didn't: that's the point I'm making. The movie wasn't about Batman. It wasn't centered around Batman. It didn't go into the depth of Batman's character. And you know this too, because you just admitted to it, as well.

So I don't understand why you're trying to disagree with me here? :hehe:
Again: The movie literally starts with the death of his parents.

Of course the movie was about Batman. It was also about Superman, but it /definitely/ was about Batman as well and there was plenty of opportunity to show a nuanced and multi layered performance with that amount of screentime and that premise. It wasn't just a cameo, he wasn't just a side character, he was one of the leads.

Wow. I think we're just going to have to disagree here, because I don't see how they went into the "depth and complexity" of Spiderman's character in Civil War. It was a glorified cameo, that you're trying to tell me is deep and complex.

I'll agree that the cameo was great. And that there is a "quality over quantity" element to his cameo, but I don't see how it delved into the "depth and complexity" of his character....at all.

I guess we're talking about different things. I was more focused on characterization, but I can see how "delving into depth and complexity" can be construed differently.

So let me rephrase. Batfleck's characterization sucked, and not because it wasn't a solo movie.

So let me rephrase. Batfleck's characterization sucked, and not because it wasn't a solo movie.
:funny:

See, that I don't mind, and it makes perfect sense to me. I don't agree with it, but I see your point, and you're totally fine in sharing that opinion. :funny:

Not really. Batman is rather easy to pull off. All you need is a certain presence. How else do you think a limited actor like Ben Affleck was so solid as Batman?

We are not talking Tony leung in The Mood for Love here. It's Batman. A character for children.

Depends on what interpretation of Batman you are telling... i think the fanbase can take itself too seriously at times, but on the flip side, no need to disrespect the characters/fan base either.

Same character, but look at Batman & Robin compared to Batman Begins. Trouble is, kids love batman, the goofy old series, the cartoon shows the toys are what lure you in and they grow up and that love doesn't fade necessarily, lets not kid oursleves that these tv shows aren't watered down versions either, they are.. and they cover some dark, mature stuff.. but as adults, they won't enjoy the old stuff as much, so a mature version is warranted.

It just stays with you and naturally evolves.

Superman however, i feel is the most family orientated hero of them all.. a kid should be able to watch Superman the movie and enjoy it just as much as me, a 36 year old - that's a true hero to me.

How is that pivoting away?

We were talking about the depth of the character, and how Batfleck (imo) lacked any. You claimed the reason why he didn't have it is because it wasn't his movie. I responded by saying you don't need an entire movie or layered story to get the character right, and gave examples of it.

Please explain how those are two completely different things. And yes, this scene in Civil War nails the depth of Spider-Man, and what makes him Spider-Man, within minutes. That's why it is so highly praised, and a great example of what I'm talking about.

Damn, RDJ will be missed as Stark.

I'd like for the cowl, cape, symbol, gloves, and boots to be more of a soft and supple leather type of material. Almost like a black laquer. Shiny, for lack of a better term, rather than the matte look they've had.

Like this:

latest

I feel like the Arkham Asylum suit has the right amount of matte vs shine to it

I would love that as the batsuit. Agreed on the pattern. but the bat, the cowl and the Cape are perfect. And instantly sets itself apart from any other batsuit.

How do you guys feel about this cowl? With a couple of details to make it look more intimidating, it could be something good, like Telltale:
il_794xN.1551249912_rtd5.jpg

Needs to lose those circular ears. Looks like headphones.

I just want to see a good official look at the costume just prior to shooting like we got for BvS.

As long as it's not another black rubber suit, or some weird armor. No more exposed armor. The BvS suit, on a younger guy.

I don't want the same suit just altered for Pattinson. We've got a new team behind this movie, I want to see their unique take on his attire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"