The BATSUIT Thread

That sounds more like someone who had moderately good training in the police force and then the military, vs someone who trained with the League of Shadows. The impression I'm getting here is that you want a rough, battle weathered Batman who takes a beating from criminals and comes home barely clinging to life after a long night's work.

The thing is, Batman should still be good enough to not have to resortt to getting into a slugfest with some brute or being able to dodge gun fire to avoid getting shot in the chest.

We've always seen Batman portrayed on film as a human being grounded in reality
You’re right about what I want; I want a Batman who’s taken hits and had to fight for control of some situations, so that even though he dominates most encounters with strategic forethought and preplanning... sometimes $#!+ happens.

I want it to be that, sometimes, Penguin actually got clever and planned a good enough trap that Batman had to improvise and overcome some long odds, and couldn’t just dodge gunfire or be out of the villain’s sights. I want him to be someone who might actually bare a few scratch marks from... less than cordial interactions with Catwoman. I want him to have a few bullet wounds from Two-Face having drawn him in when Harvey was fighting for control.

I want him to be a guy who actually had to have a drawn out fight with Croc or Clayface, and maybe sometimes took a few hits when taken down a whole crew of mooks.

All Batmen in the movies thus far have taken on large groups of thugs, and handled them... but also gotten shot, stabbed, and hit pretty hard. And even the OTT Batman from the Arkham Games canonically takes a beating... and they even incorporate all that into the regular damage his suit tales in each game - and those are the kinds of armored up looks that I kind of want to see.

HOWEVER!!!

...I will also say that I don’t want a dumb thug or pathetic seeming Batman - stuff like the Earth One Batman falling into a pile of trash is going a bit too far for me, and I really, really want the kind of fantastic elements like glowing eyes.

Last edited:
74711737_189721388735448_4394879361709284620_n-jpg.31371

Pattinson is not that big, so this suit would not look as impressive on him.

Yeah, a costume like this suits Batfleck more in my opinion. (The sculpture even has his signature cleft chin.)

You’re right about what I want; I want a Batman who’s taken hits and had to fight for control of some situations, so that even though he dominates most encounters with strategic forethought and preplanning... sometimes $#!+ happens.

I want it to be that, sometimes, Penguin actually got clever and planned a good enough trap that Batman had to improvise and overcome some long odds, and couldn’t just dodge gunfire or be out of the villain’s sights. I want him to be someone who might actually bare a few scratch marks from... less than cordial interactions with Catwoman. I want him to have a few bullet wounds from Two-Face having drawn him in when Harvey was fighting for control.

I want him to be a guy who actually had to have a drawn out fight with Croc or Clayface, and maybe sometimes took a fe whits when taken down a whole crew of monks.

All Batmen in the movies thus far have taken on large groups of thugs, and handled them... but also gotten shot, stabbed, and hit pretty hard. And even the OTT Batman from the Arkham Games canonically takes a beating... and they even incorporate all that into the regular damage his suit tale sin each game - and those are the kinds of armored up looks that I kind of want to see.

HOWEVER!!!

...I will also say that I don’t want a dumb thug or pathetic seeming Batman - stuff like the Earth One Batman falling into a pile of trash is going a bit too far for me, and I really, really want the kind of fantastic elements like glowing eyes.
Totally agree about Batman needing to take damage.

It adds to the believability, he still can have the mystique an aura about kicking tons of ass, but makes things have stakes if he gets injured.

That’s why I love Batman 89, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, TDK Rises, and BvS.

He is shown to be an incredible bad ass, incredibly skilled, hyper intelligent crime fighter. But he still takes some damage. The will power and the strength to fight through those things make him look even more heroic. I totally agree with all that. Your whole post was awesome.

But what is “a crew of monks”? Doesn’t sound very dangerous broski

I want him to be a guy who actually had to have a drawn out fight with Croc or Clayface, and maybe sometimes took a few hits when taken down a whole crew of mooks.

All Batmen in the movies thus far have taken on large groups of thugs, and handled them... but also gotten shot, stabbed, and hit pretty hard. And even the OTT Batman from the Arkham Games canonically takes a beating... and they even incorporate all that into the regular damage his suit tales in each game - and those are the kinds of armored up looks that I kind of want to see.

HOWEVER!!!

This all day.

Why does the Bermejo thing keep getting brought up?

Because even if that one particular rumor was proven to be made up, the visual style of the Bermejo suit seems like it would fit in well with the visual aesthetic seen on the set photos... plus there's at least one other source saying it might bear some resemblances to the Bermejo suit.

Doesn't mean it'll be a 1:1 recreation of the design, but I don't think it's a stretch to say it could wind up being similar to what we're getting for this film.

PicsArt_01-24-05.24.53.jpg

Quick edit to give rough idea. No reason why the suit can't be like this. It's clearly more than just a spandex but it's also sleek and form-fitting and makes more sense for a ninja than Bermejo

And if HAVE to go tactical, I'd prefer something closer to Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell

IMG_20200124_063236.jpg
2cd441a15add9754a9e35b11250fb11f.jpg
Sleek, form-fitting but still believably protective AND it looks nimble and flexible. As opposed to the baggy, bulky, guerrilla warfare look of Bermejo where Batman looks like like he should be stationed on another continent with his squadron

It’s a “sleek” vs “armored” vs “hybrid sleek/armor” debate.

A Bermejo-esque design is heavier towards an armored look, a Black Panther-esque design is heavier towards a sleek look, and I’d say a bunch of us are looking for something that’s a bit more hybrid.

Interestingly, I’d say everyone seems to want something more fabric-like for the overall look, even the armor guys (Bermejo’s suit has a fabric-over-armor look).

A Bermejo-esque design is heavier towards an armored look, a Black Panther-esque design is heavier towards a sleek look, and I’d say a bunch of us are looking for something that’s a bit more hybrid.

Interestingly, I’d say everyone seems to want something more fabric-like for the overall look, even the armor guys (Bermejo’s suit has a fabric-over-armor look).
With Bruce's wealth, he certainly can get access to fabrics/materials that are protective enough but don't weigh him down. That's what they explained in batman begins and it made sense. They just still decided on the rubber armor look but they don't have to.

And if HAVE to go tactical, I'd prefer something closer to Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell

View attachment 31389
View attachment 31391
Sleek, form-fitting but still believably protective AND it looks nimble and flexible. As opposed to the baggy, bulky, guerrilla warfare look of Bermejo where Batman looks like like he should be stationed on another continent with his squadron

Yes.

Something closer to Solid Snake would be nice too.

images

Speaking personally, I keep bringing up Bermejo more out of my personal realistic expectations for what I suspect the Batsuit will look like at this point. In an ideal fantasy scenario where I had total control over what the costume looked like, I'd probably have a Batsuit similar to the first one from the Telltale games, albeit with a dark midnight blue cape and cowl and much longer ears on the cowl, akin to the Keaton costumes. Heck I wouldn't be opposed to the type of Batsuit that Marvelunited is proposing!

But looking at the set pics, the latest batch of rumors and revisiting Reeves' previous films, I just don't think that's what we're in for. And to me, it feels silly to get super attached to what I want when I have little reason to believe that's exactly what we're getting. It just feels like a super easy way for me to get overly upset when so far I've been really excited about what all has been happening with this film.

What Reeves seems likely to give us isn't what I'd personally go for- but it's also hardly the worst direction he could go in and is still likely to be a big upgrade from the Snyder-era Batsuits for me. So now I'm just hoping for smaller things about the suit, like it looking tactical enough or the ears on the cowl being more along the lines of the ones from Bale's Batsuits.

Nolan's no slouch when it come to stunts either. He really goes the extra mile to give them as authentic a look and feel as possible.

The work that went into this scene from BB, for instance, is just remarkable.

Nolan's no slouch when it come to stunts either. He really goes the extra mile to give them as authentic a look and feel as possible.

The work that went into this scene from BB, for instance, is just remarkable.

The Arkham sequence from Begins is probably still my favourite Batman set piece. It just gets so much about the character right and filled with epic moments and shots, even if the hand to hand fighting is obscured a little by Bourne style fast cuts.

I think the warehouse scene from BvS is vastly overrated around these parts. Yes, Bats is fast and fluid in the scene, but because of the poor characterization and story, it makes me feel nothing. Bats is also ridiculously brutal and never feels in jeopardy which reduces the stakes for me.

I was on ****ing pins and needles watching that scene. How could I enjoy it when I spent the entire scene hoping Batman wouldn't kill anyone?

It's comical how brutal it is. I laugh my ass off when he rips the knife out of himself and uses it to stab someone else. :funny:

I was on ****ing pins and needles watching that scene. How could I enjoy it when I spent the entire scene hoping Batman wouldn't kill anyone?

It's comical how brutal it is. I laugh my ass off when he rips the knife out of himself and uses it to stab someone else. :funny:
A fight with that many people would have to be brutal. When engaging that many, you can’t leave the chance that people are going to be getting back up in 10 seconds. That fight scene is hands down the best and most realistic hand hand to fight scene as far as the brutality of what punches and kicks would do to someone coming from a dude that’s 6’3” 230 pounds and the worlds best martial artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"