The BATSUIT Thread

He also attaches his grappling gun to the belt in order to lift him and Vicki Vale up to a walkway in '89.

Has Batman ever used his utility belt in the movies? Like get some stuff out of it?

Keaton used his a few times, I believe. I know there's at least one shot in B89 where his grappling gun slides over to the center of the belt for him to grab it easily and someone else already mentioned him getting that chemical vial to throw at Catwoman in their first fight in Returns. I can't remember if he got the other grappling gun that he used to kill Joker from the belt or not though.

I feel it's gonna look like this variation but with slightly longer ears:
ERCQ5oSVUAA3RU5

And I think he messed up the start of the ears, but then again most fanarts seem to do so even though I feel the stitchings give a somewhat clear indication of where the ears start: startoftheear.png startoftheear2.png

Has Batman ever used his utility belt in the movies? Like get some stuff out of it?
We see him place those bat darts in his belt in Batman Begins, or just bends them to place them in the small compartments.

Most of those pockets are probably for stuff like bear repellant bat spray.

Throwing this in here as well...

Full body Battinson manips, courtesy of Tiago Ribeiro aka Datrinti

ERCQ5oSVUAA3RU5

ERCQsb9UYAUi_Dn

Wow! I'm not generally a fan of the flared out ears but if they were to do it the first picture here looks amazing. I actually prefer it over the 2nd picture which is quite unusual for me.

So after giving more thought and looking at the various pictures and gifs that have had lighting corrections done my opinion has changed a bit.

I have to say I love the suit itself (What we’ve seen of it). I love how you can see the armor plates move as Pattinson moves his arms, shoulders and chest. As I said before its very Arkham Knight inspired which I am fine with. Though coming from the beautiful suit we had from Ben Affleck this definitely appears to be going back to the Less comic accurate more “practical and realistic” approach. I’m also fine with that as a fan of the Nolan series. Though TDK series costume (outside of Begins) was not my favorite I did understand the reason and practicality for it.

My complaint is still with the Cowl. The leather stitching, shape and flaws/imperfections just simply looks out of place compared to the armor which looks of higher tech/quality than the cowl.

Maybe its just a proto cowl or should I say first revision of the cowl which may have several through the movie? Or maybe it is indeed the final design. None of us know at this point. But the quality and appearance difference bothers me greatly. You remember how in Batman 1989 The Cowl was loose fitting and you could see all of the rubbers imperfections in it and the “detailed lines” were lost a bit due to the manufacturing process at the time. Then in Batman returns only a few years later the cowl was refined, had nice crisp sharp lines, you could not see the imperfections in the rubber. You could tell the two cowls were slightly similar but Returns was so much more clean and detailed. That kind of how I feel with this costume currently. Its like they took the Arkham Knight suit, translated it into real life and said here, lets get this leather cosplay cowl off of Pinterest. The two just don’t seem like they go together from what I’ve seen.

Now I do understand what we have seen is still low lighting and still have not seen a full detailed picture yet. Maybe at that point my opinion will change more but I still have to give credit to Matt Reeves because This is probably the most creative and risky design of the Batsuit since Nolan’s in TDK.

I’m still being hopeful that we will see the suit evolve through out the film. I’m hopeful and more than willing to give Pattinson a chance as I’ve liked some of his more recent work and that picture/video of him in the batsuit is very stunning with whats probably the 2nd best ever Batman Jawline behind Affleck. I'm also willing to accept this as the final design even if I'm not a fan of particular parts of it. I Do have a feeling that the cowl will look better once we see more of it or a overall picture revealing the entire suit.

I look forward to this regardless but man it seems so far away.

Last edited:
So after giving more thought and looking at the various pictures and gifs that have had lighting corrections done my opinion has changed a bit.

I have to say I love the suit itself (What we’ve seen of it). I love how you can see the armor plates move as Pattinson moves his arms, shoulders and chest. As I said before its very Arkham Knight inspired which I am fine with. Though coming from the beautiful suit we had from Ben Affleck this definitely appears to be going back to the Less comic accurate more “practical and realistic” approach. I’m also fine with that as a fan of the Nolan series. Though TDK series costume (outside of Begins) was not my favorite I did understand the reason and practicality for it.

My complaint is still with the Cowl. The leather stitching, shape and flaws/imperfections just simply looks out of place compared to the armor which looks of higher tech/quality than the cowl.

Maybe its just a proto cowl or should I say first revision of the cowl which may have several through the movie? Or maybe it is indeed the final design. None of us know at this point. But the quality and appearance difference bothers me greatly. You remember how in Batman 1989 The Cowl was loose fitting and you could see all of the rubbers imperfections in it and the “detailed lines” were lost a bit due to the manufacturing process at the time. Then in Batman returns only a few years later the cowl was refined, had nice crisp sharp lines, you could not see the imperfections in the rubber. You could tell the two cowls were slightly similar but Returns was so much more clean and detailed. Thats kind of how I feel with this costume currently. Its like they took the Arkham Knight suit, translated it into real life and said here, lets get this leather cosplay cowl off of Pinterest. The two just don’t go together from what I’ve seen.

Now I do understand what we have seen is still low lighting and still have not seen a full detailed picture yet. Maybe at that point my opinion will change more but I still have to give credit to Matt Reeves because This is probably the most creative and risky design of the Batsuit since Nolan’s in TDK.

I’m still being hopeful that we will see the suit evolve through out the film. I’m hopeful and more than willing to give Pattinson a chance as I’ve liked some of his more recent work and that picture/video of him in the batsuit is very stunning with whats probably the 2nd best ever Batman Jawline behind Affleck.

I look forward to this regardless but man it seems so far away.

Pattinson's jawline is better than Affleck's.

But, Affleck have a stronger chin in my opinion.

My favorite comment which has literally been on every forum on this site discussing costumes first looks for literally every superhero movie ever is, “Maybe this is just a prototype suit and they upgrade.” .

How many times has this been the case? Almost never.

I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere, but the only CBM I can think of off the top of my head where the superhero upgrades his suits over the course of the movie is Iron Man.

edit: I guess you could include Spider-Man, at least some versions.

Last edited:
I'm not buying this rumour that he will have another suit in the film. We need to accept this is it. I am not the biggest fan but I have accepted it and will love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"