The BATSUIT Thread

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Boom, Apr 13, 2016.

1. emielaen Registered

So cynical here.

2. Wheels Eat my shorts

I know, right? Can you imagine calling something an Apple product?

craigaat likes this.
  3. cryptic name No Limits

Some angles definitely gave me Capullo vibes.

#6703 cryptic name, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    emielaen likes this.
  4. Spider-Aziz Vegeta Pose Toshi

Suits feels like a mix of Moon Knight's from Vengeance of the Moon Knight and the film version of the Rocketeer. And a pinch from Owlman's suit.

5. The Shape In the shadows

What are you referring to?

Edit: NVM - saw it

6. Invader Joker Registered

A fake leak

7. hafizbat Registered

At least the suit has better proportions than the TDK suit. It had narrow shoulders that didnt exactly make Bale look impressive or imposing.

8. FatRobin Side-Dish

If anything it always reminds me of the Gotham by Gaslight cowl. The shape, the stitches, the collar, everything.

9. Travesty Registered

I actually don't think it does. I think TDK suit is better all around, except for maybe the neck(as far as proportions go), and the Batsymbol(which is more aesthetics).

But as far as proportions go, I think TDK-suit looks better. The gauntlets on Pattinson's looks bulbous, and kinda makes him look like Popeye. They make his forearms look HUGE. Now granted, I'm not sure if it'll look like that on Pattinson, or if there was more reinforcements and padding on the stunt guy, so I'm just going off what we can see right now.

TheBattinson likes this.
  10. Jig96v Whatever Gotham needs

Yeah but I'd rather three movies of that. Batman's journey from beginning to end is great, but we've seen that story play out, both super recently, and incredibly well. There are so many other stories to tell with Batman in between. We don't have to do the same thing over and over.

The Shape likes this.
  11. emielaen Registered

I definitely agree. I also really don’t think this will be like Nolan’s films. Like, at all.

Maze, BarryLyndon and Superherofan123 like this.
  12. BarryLyndon At the dawn of real cinema

Batman will be Batman in this movie, no worries about that, and I'm sure it will be the first time where we get more of the caped crusader than Bruce Wayne.

But like Reeves said he'll have an arc which has to make him change during the course of the movie, he will evolve over the trilogy like any character has to, without having to explain where he came from.

I just can't wait to see what his arc is and how he evolves into the greatest detective.

I see it as a mixed of Chinatown and Godfather.

Maybe he'll learn the hard way and that will make him more alone and obsessed with his batman persona, losing everyone in Bruce Wayne's life (not by death) for the sake of the city.

Basically in the end the bad guy wins and Batman doubt if he ever will be able to change things, that he's just a man, who lost a battle but maybe not the war, so he continues, like every good detective.

emielaen, KGBANE and shauner111 like this.
  13. harrier1215 Registered

And even in Titans its a dream sequenece
    I'm all for character change, I am not for Batman becoming this lonely sad person. Somewhere along the line writers started thinking the only way to write interesting Batman stories was to go this route. Not good.

14. BarryLyndon At the dawn of real cinema

On the contrary he will like to be Batman and it may well be an obsession to him.

But I think the fact that he’s human will make him realise he can’t stop everyone or save everyone.

Plus with their detective angle they’re going, I think it’s safe to say he’ll be a loner because of his “job”. I mean, the guy dresses as a bat to fight crime in a city of violence, he just can’t be happy about it all.

I just don’t get how you see him? You want him proud with no psychological problem whatsoever?

if he always see murder case and bad guys doing horrible things all the time, it plays on your mind and philosophy of life. I’ve never seen a detective film where the main character is all happy about his hard case.

15. harrier1215 Registered

There have been plenty of characters who do detective work who can be happy as well or at least be close to people. Look at procedural detective shows. Psych, Elementary, The Mentalist etc... Him being alone or not even being warm to Alfred is just bad writing...The better stories are where he realizes he and Gotham are better when he works with people.

Jig96v likes this.
  16. BarryLyndon At the dawn of real cinema

I'm sure he'll try to have accomplice from time to time, but I also think the only person he will trust will be Gordon, Alfred and that new woman character which we think may be killed in the beginning. Catwoman is too unstable to gain his trust for now.

Plus, with the esthetics being homemade (motorcycle from different pieces, Batmobile rumored as a modified muscle car and his fabric/armor suit) this iteration of Batman is already pretty much a loner who doesn't involve anyone in his routine as the caped crusader. It's all very personal to him.

I personally like him as a loner who does this because it's the only thing that's worth living for him. It's an obsession or a drug which heals his suffering because he's a really troubled person.

But hey, neither you and I will ever get the Batman we have in our head, except if we one day publish a comic book or write a movie about him, which is very unlikely. We just have to respect Matt Reeves vision as long as it respects the spirit of the character and makes for a great movie.

#6716 BarryLyndon, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Maze likes this.
  17. shauner111 Registered

Selina isn’t mentally unstable. She’s perfectly sane. But her relationship with Batman should be “friends with benefits”.

Jig96v and Schlosser85 like this.
  18. Wheels Eat my shorts

I think he means unstable in the sense that she's ruled by whims and is kinda flaky. One minute she's on your side, the next she puts a knife in your back, depends on the day.

#6718 Wheels, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  19. Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Selina isn't (or shouldn't be) mentally unstable, but she's "unstable" in the sense of fluid loyalties and shifting allegiances. She's on her own "side" and is motivated above all by her own survival.

Jig96v and Milk Tray Guy like this.
  20. godisawesome Registered

I’ve always preferred the idea of Catwoman who’s not truly flaky, but instead merely so cynical and pragmatic that 80% of the time she seems totally ruled by what position gives her the best material benefit... but with about 10% of her that can be spitefully but justifivengeful and 10% genuinely selfless and heroic, and that last bit being the part that gives even a knowing Batman reason to still risk more than the wise amount of alliances.

Like, Catwoman has absolutely no concern about victimless crimes, or if a rich dude gets murdered when he could have somehow prevented that by not cheating on his wife, going to the cops with the right info, or hiring the right bodyguards.

But if she finds out that some human traffickers are operating in her neighborhood of the East End, she’s going to destroy their organization as brutally as possible. She’ll still liquidate their resources primarily for herself, of course, but the kids she frees are going to have someone she knows will actually look out for them get help.

And while she’d be able to justify stabbing Batman in the back for a trap if he’s been pursuing her, she’s also not going to sell him out even under torture if he hires her for a job that has some genuinely appealing part to it, like if he’s dismantling the Falcones she hates or he’s rescuing some kidnapped children. She doesn’t seek out heroism at all, but has a few heroism buttons that circumstances *can* push, and has the seeds planted fo be a protective warrior for her side of the tracks when push comes to shove.

So, basically, I’d prefer a Catwoman who Batman knows is out for herself enough times that they remain opponents, but who has just the smallest amount of dependable rules and standards that they can be frenemies most of the time, and occasionally even strong allies against the right opponent.

I’d love it if this series wound up combining her Protector of the East End role with her turn as Queenpin of Gotham, so that when she and Batman are older, there’s this funky dynamic that their frenemy status has almost become a cemented part of the city’s criminal and crime fighting landscape; Batman only occasionally ventures onto her turf because she keeps most of the violent crime he’s focused on out of the streets, and other super-criminals resent her being someone he doesn’t target and that they can’t get her cooperation beyond a certain point because she's secured... but the GCPD is still building a case against her, and Batman has serious contingency plans for if he has to take her down... whenever she’s not one fo his best sources for information, of course.

21. BarryLyndon At the dawn of real cinema

I agree with this, I just think that since this is his second year as Batman, he may not be fully confident in Selina's actions or purpose or even know her. Basically I always saw their first encounter to be unclear in the mind of Batman, he wants to trust her but he just can't at first, she still is a criminal in Batman's view, just not the type he looks for.

The frenemies relationship you're talking about would be more suitable after they known each other for a few more years, so maybe more in the second or third film.

Plus their relationship could even evolve in each films, going from enemy to ally.

godisawesome and Milk Tray Guy like this.
  22. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

Yes :yay:

23. Jig96v Whatever Gotham needs

Yes. That's what makes him a hero. I'm sick of the edgy "Batman's just as crazy as his villains" take. It's an interesting point for a Hugo Strange to make, but ultimately, crucially, Batman proves them wrong.

24. shauner111 Registered

He definitely has issues. He’s not as crazy as his villains, but dude needs serious help.

25. Gothamsknight Registered

I still believe Batman has a form of OCD.

TheBattinson likes this.