The BATSUIT Thread

Are you having a hard time understanding the term “prime”? It means his best possible quality. Batman still learning and acquiring new skills while wearing obvious protosuits doesn’t look prime, it looks very much like a rookie Batman who is acquiring new skills, tech and suits. Then we had Affleck’s who was old and aging, so that’s way past his prime. So it was the opposite of a rookie.
Firstly, this is not a protosuit by any measure (if we talk about this film). Not looking like it was manufactured by Apple doesn't make it one. Secondly, he learns and acquires new things and solutions all the time. Not only in the beginning of his career. Batfleck supposedly being past this prime wrecks so much **** than no younger Batman ever did. Past his prime, my ass.
So you’re claiming Batman has never been a rookie, cause he puts on his Batsuit? Or you’re claiming that an aging Batman is still in his prime, as long as he puts on the suit? That’s not what would be considered common sense, but more of a defensive take on things, but ok....
Yes, more or less I do. That's how he's depicted most of the time. 25 years old or 45 - he's in his prime.

It really isn't nonsense though... Granted I admittedly have a very heavy bias against the BvS Batsuit, because I've never liked it since Day 1, but while the suit on its own apparently was fine based on set pics, it really gave an overly chunky vibe throughout the movie when Affleck himself was in the costume. It didn't mesh well with his build at the time.

Personally I dig the new costume. It is comic accurate, but in a way that works more easily on the big screen, by drawing inspiration from the existing grittier comic and video game interpretations of the character. Based on what all we've seen so far of the sets and the possible leak, it definitely seems that Reeves is aiming for a far more stylized and gothic take on the world of Batman than Nolan, but it's more Lee Bermejo and the Arkham games than the mainline comics world- and for Batman, I think that's the right call.
I don't buy into the whole he's fat thing and never will just because I think the word fat is dumb when what people are really saying is he's bulky or overly padded. It's not like Batman has a beer gut in BvS.

I think the new suit is going to be fine and I've said as much here but I am skeptical of the look of this film, just the look, right now. However, the shooting locations could produce what I feel is a better Gotham than the Nolan films at least , which is kind of a generic look to be honest. Love those films overall though.

I still think I can be won over once we actually see more of what Reeves is going for.

I mean, that's what Reeves himself said he was aiming for early into the process. So unless things have changed drastically for Reeves since then, I think we can wager that's the intended game plan for now.

Now obviously the trilogy isn't a guarantee, but I think the odds are looking good for the film to turn out to be a big success and lead to sequels. The film's been in development for quite awhile now and the talent onboard is among the more impressive cast and crew seen in a modern Hollywood film- not to mention how much the cast themselves are praising the script in ways that feel noticeably more genuine than the standard lip service we usually see.
Oh yeah I agree that Reeves will have a trilogy planned but it's always risky to plan too far ahead when it comes to movies, especially DC movies.

Anyone else think the slightly bulbous cowl is reminiscent of the Capullo design? From some angles in the set pics it looked like an almost exact translation.

lkkBTL5VBZYdnrWmS0s9uCSSxNMH4S7WksUHzdWcn0xmf4whOxviD8RqP967yvjYM-_-OwQ-v2gir9XDTEXgdBpfca5ebNkbO5HNFistH0-CCn3mIA6h__SWH51l0hI3ZdHTiX3Ha9Y7piTncw-4SYfWPMf842hSjTSOa96Z

zqv3lyq5rb2z.jpg
Capullo has on of my favorite designs, and I don’t think it looks anything like it.

Capullo has on of my favorite designs, and I don’t think it looks anything like it.

Agreed, Capullo’s design is actually one of my favorites and this isn’t anywhere in the ballpark.

I don’t think Batman’s suit needs to look like an Apple product, but I’d rather it not look like weird cosplay.

Are you having a hard time understanding the term “prime”? It means his best possible quality. Batman still learning and acquiring new skills while wearing obvious protosuits doesn’t look prime, it looks very much like a rookie Batman who is acquiring new skills, tech and suits. Then we had Affleck’s who was old and aging, so that’s way past his prime. So it was the opposite of a rookie.

So you’re claiming Batman has never been a rookie, cause he puts on his Batsuit? Or you’re claiming that an aging Batman is still in his prime, as long as he puts on the suit? That’s not what would be considered common sense, but more of a defensive take on things, but ok....
Batman or any protagonist has to keep learning, developing, evolving or else there is no point in making these movies. If you want a whole trilogy with him in his prime, ok fine, but being in your prime doesn’t mean Bruce should stop upgrading his tech or how he thinks about the world.

Thats not exactly the point. It’s more about establishing what “prime” means. It’s about what these discussions are about and following them. A young Batman a few years into his career, who uses a prototype-style suit wouldn’t indicate someone in their prime.

You’re kinda going off on tangents, and kinda missing the points. You’ve been doing it for the past 3-4 days.

Reeves wanted to establish a clear-cut journey for his Batman. if Batman starts out in his prime; his peak, there is no journey. There's a reason why all good stories have a proper beginning, middle and end and an arc for it's character.

Even if The Batman is a success, I'm still proceeding with caution. All it takes is for the ol' "creative differences" to surface and we're looking at a new creative team behind The Batman 2.

This film's gotta knock it out of the park first. Let's get over that hurdle first.

Not hard to imagine WB getting back on their bull**** again if the film is a success. They could start lusting after that sweet sweet shared universe money again and who knows if Reeves is remotely down for that? They're in a filmmaker driven phase right now but WB is infamously moody and reactive about their DC properties. Hopefully the film stands nicely on its own so even if we don't get a proper sequel it doesn't feel abortive and pointless like The Amazing Spider-Man.

Thats not exactly the point. It’s more about establishing what “prime” means. It’s about what these discussions are about and following them. A young Batman a few years into his career, who uses a prototype-style suit wouldn’t indicate someone in their prime.

You’re kinda going off on tangents, and kinda missing the points. You’ve been doing it for the past 3-4 days.
Prototype suit, sure, that doesn’t scream PRIME. But Reeves never said his trilogy would start with Bats in his prime. That’s something fans have added to the narrative. All we know is, it’s not an origin story. And it’s about Bruce going through “a transformation”. Meaning, he will probably arrive at his prime by the end. Then we have two sequels where he’s in his prime right? Which is what you want to see no? But I guarantee he’s still developing in those movies, learning new things, enhancing his weaponry, dealing with criminals in new ways, learning how to be a better person.

Imagine a trilogy where he just knows everything? A fixed character where the focus is entirely on the plot that surrounds him. Boring. That’s not good storytelling to me.

Anyone else think the slightly bulbous cowl is reminiscent of the Capullo design? From some angles in the set pics it looked like an almost exact translation.

lkkBTL5VBZYdnrWmS0s9uCSSxNMH4S7WksUHzdWcn0xmf4whOxviD8RqP967yvjYM-_-OwQ-v2gir9XDTEXgdBpfca5ebNkbO5HNFistH0-CCn3mIA6h__SWH51l0hI3ZdHTiX3Ha9Y7piTncw-4SYfWPMf842hSjTSOa96Z

zqv3lyq5rb2z.jpg
Some angles definitely gave me Capullo vibes.

Last edited:

zqv3lyq5rb2z.jpg
Suits feels like a mix of Moon Knight's from Vengeance of the Moon Knight and the film version of the Rocketeer. And a pinch from Owlman's suit.

At least the suit has better proportions than the TDK suit. It had narrow shoulders that didnt exactly make Bale look impressive or imposing.

zqv3lyq5rb2z.jpg

If anything it always reminds me of the Gotham by Gaslight cowl. The shape, the stitches, the collar, everything.

At least the suit has better proportions than the TDK suit. It had narrow shoulders that didnt exactly make Bale look impressive or imposing.
I actually don't think it does. I think TDK suit is better all around, except for maybe the neck(as far as proportions go), and the Batsymbol(which is more aesthetics).

But as far as proportions go, I think TDK-suit looks better. The gauntlets on Pattinson's looks bulbous, and kinda makes him look like Popeye. They make his forearms look HUGE. Now granted, I'm not sure if it'll look like that on Pattinson, or if there was more reinforcements and padding on the stunt guy, so I'm just going off what we can see right now.

You can read a book where he’s in his prime, or you can be patient and let the movies play out. Is that so hard?

I don’t think Reeves is out to have Batman just plateau in skill over 3 films.
Well, this is going to be a trilogy. You’re going to get that.
Yeah but I'd rather three movies of that. Batman's journey from beginning to end is great, but we've seen that story play out, both super recently, and incredibly well. There are so many other stories to tell with Batman in between. We don't have to do the same thing over and over.

Yeah but I'd rather three movies of that. Batman's journey from beginning to end is great, but we've seen that story play out, both super recently, and incredibly well. There are so many other stories to tell with Batman in between. We don't have to do the same thing over and over.

I definitely agree. I also really don’t think this will be like Nolan’s films. Like, at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"