The BATSUIT Thread

I mean you talk about movies that you haven’t even seen an awful lot.

The Schumacher films are a huge part of Batman’s history, absolutely essential viewing, whether you like them or not.
I've seen plenty of those films, I just haven't seen them entirely because there's just waaay too much stuff there I don't like.

I mean you talk about movies that you haven’t even seen an awful lot.

The Schumacher films are a huge part of Batman’s history, absolutely essential viewing, whether you like them or not.

for my money, Suicide Squad and Justice League are way worse than either Schumacher film
I have fun watching the Schumacher films. They are like Adam West's BATMAN on steroids. Are they perfect movies....no. Are they fun....yes.

I have fun watching the Schumacher films. They are like Adam West's BATMAN on steroids. Are they perfect movies....no. Are they fun....yes.
Everything clicked when I saw them described as a 90s take on the Adam West series. Couldn’t be more accurate.

I lump the Adam West series, Brave and the Bold, and the Schumacher films in the same category. They’re all valid, light takes on the character that are part of the character’s adaptable history.

There is room for light and dark Batman.

Everything clicked when I saw them described as a 90s take on the Adam West series. Couldn’t be more accurate.

I lump the Adam West series, Brave and the Bold, and the Schumacher films in the same category. They’re all valid, light takes on the character that are part of the character’s adaptable history.

There is room for light and dark Batman.
I know some people get tired of me saying this...but....I am an old man (62)....when I was a kid (age 9) Batman was Adam West...and his Batman was what was being published in the comics at that time. A serious "I have no sense of humor" gritty Batman did not appear for 6 or 7 years. I've seen all types of Batmen being published and "hot" at the moment. Some I like, some I don't.....but they are all Batman.

I'm just not a fan of the Adam West approach. I like Batman Forever, and it generally meets my expectations for what a Batman movie should be, but the things I don't like are largely the things most reminiscent of the Adam West version. Riddler and Two-Face are the major weak links. Then Batman & Robin doubled down on those aspects, and I thought it was a pretty bad movie.

The reason the West show worked was in large part because of Adam's absolutely brilliant performance as silver age Batman. My god, he's just so fun to watch even on small clips, makes the camp really work while still giving the character respect.
Kilmer was still riding that line of being serious Batman and Clooney just doesn't have that West charm.

I don’t think we’ve ever had an actually bad Batman on film. All the actors have been pretty good. Clooney could’ve been wonderful with the right direction.

In a better written and directed comedy I bet Clooney would've been a wonderful successor to Adam West.

As it stands, the true successor to Adam West has been Will Arnett. A worthy addition to the pantheon of cinematic Batmen.

I don’t think we’ve ever had an actually bad Batman on film. All the actors have been pretty good. Clooney could’ve been wonderful with the right direction.
I'd say the opposite and make the claim we've never had a bad Bruce Wayne.

It's why the sentiment of "Bruce (the man) is the harder part of the two aliases" is a bit odd, as many can make the argument a few actors have flopped under the cowl.

He's not a bad filmmaker, just a bad fit for Batman.
He would been a good fit if could do his own thing with someone guiding him of course. That's what I love about Marvel,its good for a writer & director to do their own thing. Just have someone who know the comics tell them maybe not this, maybe try this instead.

Clooney really was a huge missed opportunity, he was more than capable of being brilliant as a serious or comedic Batman, I'd have loved to see what he could've done with the role in a film that was more than just a glorified toy commercial.

I enjoyed Clooney as Batman. And the nipples never bothered me. I never noticed them until someone pointed them out.

Another fanart, but I think it nails the actual nose a lot better than previous renditions:

e5qwup4frer41.jpg
Brilliant.

Aside from the brows being a bit more "detailed" than what we've seen from the teaser, this looks pretty spot on.

Clooney really was a huge missed opportunity, he was more than capable of being brilliant as a serious or comedic Batman, I'd have loved to see what he could've done with the role in a film that was more than just a glorified toy commercial.
Apart from the Alfred scenes, he was GREAT in the last scene with Freeze

If anything, my issue with the ears is then looking skinny on the stunt suit, but that doesn’t seem to be a problem on Rob.

I’m fine with the length.

That drawing is great. The jaw just needs to be exposed.

If I get the chance to really sit down and draw I may do my take on the suit.

That drawing is so clean. I honestly think the look of this suit with Fraser's shooting could be the best looking suit on screen.

Last edited:
That drawing is so clean. I honestly think the look of this suit with Fraser's shooting could be the best looking suit on screen.

I really don’t get the hate for it, and I love the Batfleck suit. And it’s my number 1, but I really like the look of this one. Very tactical, imo, and looks like something someone would put together that’s out fighting criminals every night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"