The BATSUIT Thread

I think a certain percentage of the backlash to the suit could’ve been mitigated by not having the clearest first look at it be the stunt suit. The cowl looked worse on the stuntman than it has on Rob, and certain elements (mainly the gauntlets) take a bit of warming up to.

I'd say the opposite and make the claim we've never had a bad Bruce Wayne.

It's why the sentiment of "Bruce (the man) is the harder part of the two aliases" is a bit odd, as many can make the argument a few actors have flopped under the cowl.
Which one’s flopped under the cowl? Kilmer, Clooney, Affleck is the consensus for that, right?

So far Clooney is the only live action Batman that I have not liked. Kilmer was amazing in my opinion and Forever is an acceptable Batman film (I'd even say great in certain aspects) even with its flaws, Kilmers performance was just fine. Affleck I enjoyed as well and had no problems with his portrayal. Clooney and Batman & Robin however are still approaching the unforgiveable level. There are certain things I enjoy in the film, but majority of it was horrible. I generally skip Batman & robin if I'm ever watching a Batman Marathon or go to my Blue ray collection etc. Clooney was not Bruce Wayne or Batman, he was still Clooney, bobble headed, turn and slowly look up at camera Clooney.

I'm sorry, but a lot to disagree with there - he was toned and slimmer in that movie than all the rest. Superman 3 he was his biggest.
In preparation for that movie, Chris said he wanted to be lean and fit and not have to use braun.

Nuclear man laughable?? I felt it wasn't bad at all... generic, but had some some smart ideas behind it - same voice as lex, being his clone, also a clone of superman, which people forget - lex and clark DNA. Again if the budget wasn't halved... who knew what we could have really seen.

Lois looked god awful tho...

You know what, you are correct. It seems Superman III was Christopher Reeve's Superman prime level. I apparently got confused as I went back and reviewed the films and I agree with you.

However, My opinion still stands with Nuclear Man :woo::yuk::funny:

I think a certain percentage of the backlash to the suit could’ve been mitigated by not having the clearest first look at it be the stunt suit. The cowl looked worse on the stuntman than it has on Rob, and certain elements (mainly the gauntlets) take a bit of warming up to.
Yep.

bad place, the set photos are still the best look we've gotten of the suit despite Reeves releasing an official still of Pattinson.

You know what, you are correct. It seems Superman III was Christopher Reeve's Superman prime level. I apparently got confused as I went back and reviewed the films and I agree with you.

However, My opinion still stands with Nuclear Man :woo::yuk::funny:

That's fair, I personally liked him (and the fact he is a cloned hybrid of Lex and Ka El) and in comic form, he is pretty bad ash...Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 10.21.33 AM.png

i just hope the suit we've seen isn't the final version within the film. i really dislike the nose design on the cowl, and the leather-ish material it looks like it's made out of.

Thus requiring no performance to “change it up” ... his voice didn’t change, his mannerisms didn’t change, his body language didn’t change. Keaton and Bale however? They did.

Weird, voice modulation appart, I don't believe Affleck "didnt change it up", his Batman manerism were not the same as his Bruce to me. Mind you Im basing this from BvS, that is the performance from him I remember the most (JL not that much, reshoot parts were too obviously jarring).

Also, Bale is a great actor, but just because you try hard to do something it doesn't mean you will make it great, he was good, but not great Batman imo. Affleck may not be as acomplished an actor as Bale but I think he embodied the role more naturally, he just seemed like more of a natural fit for the role, at least for me. Shame for what happened with JL though.

Last edited:
Affleck talked, walked, moved his head and eyes exactly as he did for Bruce. Ben had been a celebrity for 20 years at that point. His Bruce Wayne was just Ben being himself. The only thing he added was trying to lower his speaking voice a notch. Which was funny because it ended up sounding like Ben Affleck trying to sound tough. Then the cowl comes on and it’s Clooney all over again. Can you imagine being on set with him (minus the voice modulator now) and Batman is standing there without a cape but it’s just Affleck at a Halloween party talking to you. It ALWAYS felt like Ben Affleck in a Batman suit.

Last edited:
So far Clooney is the only live action Batman that I have not liked. Kilmer was amazing in my opinion and Forever is an acceptable Batman film (I'd even say great in certain aspects) even with its flaws, Kilmers performance was just fine. Affleck I enjoyed as well and had no problems with his portrayal. Clooney and Batman & Robin however are still approaching the unforgiveable level. There are certain things I enjoy in the film, but majority of it was horrible. I generally skip Batman & robin if I'm ever watching a Batman Marathon or go to my Blue ray collection etc. Clooney was not Bruce Wayne or Batman, he was still Clooney, bobble headed, turn and slowly look up at camera Clooney.

Clooney sucked if anythin

Weird, voice modulation appart, I don't believe Affleck "didnt change it up", his Batman manerism were not the same as his Bruce to me. Mind you Im basing this from BvS, that is the performance from him I remember the most (JL not that much, reshoot parts were too obviously jarring).

Also, Bale is a great actor, but just because you try hard to do something it doesn't mean you will make it great, he was good, but not great Batman imo. Affleck may not be as acomplished an actor as Bale but I think he embodied the role more naturally, he just seemed like more of a natural fit for the role, at least for me. Shame for what happened with JL though.

Bale to me, looked the part but he didn't to me, have this dark, crazy to him, which Keaton oozed. It's like Bale wanted to be batman to be good, to help people and just scare his villains. Keaton needed The Batman to release some anger and crazy and feel 'relevant' and a purpose.

Batfleck was like he had watched one episode of the animated series, he didn't play into the mind games of it all, which is funny cos that's the angle they were going. Sure, he drank and had weird dreams, but he was too put together as Wayne - as Wayne I felt he should have loathed being Wayne, but the whole being angry at superman, I just didn't buy it - he would have hunted him down, found out it was clark and then messed with his head. Only for clark to not be afraid and be like, why are you sat outside my apartment you goof? To which Bruce just loses it and makes it hard for Clark Kent.

Sorry to derail thread but what comic/series is this from?

superman the unity saga. phantom earth.

Affleck talked, walked, moved his head and eyes exactly as he did for Bruce. Ben had been a celebrity for 20 years at that point. His Bruce Wayne was just Ben being himself. The only thing he added was trying to lower his speaking voice a notch. Which was funny because it ended up sounding like Ben Affleck trying to sound tough. Then the cowl comes on and it’s Clooney all over again. Can you imagine being on set with him (minus the voice modulator now) and Batman is standing there without a cape but it’s just Affleck at a Halloween party talking to you. It ALWAYS felt like Ben Affleck in a Batman suit.
Effing A. On all points. Thank god someone besides me noticed it.

Most overrated Batman / Bruce Wayne performance ever.

Merely cause of a wig, a stunt man action scene and a comic book color accurate suit. Which IMO wasn’t a great direct translation as opposed to previous adaptations for the big screen.

It was a one note depressed celebrity Ben Affleck in a wig, with a slightly lower voice. Too big of a celebrity for the role I thought off the rip.

He had a few intense looks as Bruce Wayne in certain scenes but that never translated to anything more or within the bat suit itself.

Bale was a seething, angry, intense demon saint and had great motivation / conviction to him.

Keaton was this neurotic, broken, haunting spectre with dark psychotic levels of crazy to him.

Affleck was depressed in BvS. And was a joke in JL.

Last edited:
The Affleck hate is insane lol You would've thougth he kicked a bunch of puppies.

He groped women instead. But ppl keep their blinders on because he was Batman and had drinking problems. Not me. Plus he’s not a good actor unless he’s pushed really hard by a director. Snyder is never going to be that guy. Which is why we have such a mediocre performance from his Bruce Wayne.

I loved Ben Affleck's stunt double's performance in the movie "Warehouse Scene". It was dynamite.
I don't get this argument. How much of the action in comic book movies do think it's done my the star actors? Does Robert Downey Jr actually get into an Iron Man costume and fly around blasting aliens?

I think Affleck is a good actor, but he wasn't the right fit for Batman IMO, and when you add in a director like snyder that doesn't understand or care to understand the character, its a recipe for disaster. I didn't like the suit, I didn't like the way he was written either.

I don't get this argument. How much of the action in comic book movies do think it's done my the star actors? Does Robert Downey Jr actually get into an Iron Man costume and fly around blasting aliens?
But Downey actually gets credit for being a good actor, and still being good in those scenes where he’s in the costume. Most ppl that like Batfleck point to his fight scene in the warehouse or they like his suit or the voice modulator. None of which had anything to do with Ben.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"