The BATSUIT Thread

They are Bo-Shuriken. Throwing darts meant to be proto Batarangs I'd guess.
91Ai2KlaHjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

7432c69fa9c1d03028e2e1e5d9f84995.jpg

Love the idea, but these would look so much cooler if they were black.

Bale in Begins was beastly and intimidating, but much less so in TDK and TDKR.

UnhealthyPeacefulAntelope-size_restricted.gif

I would take Begins Bale in a fight over any of the other live-action Batmen.
This scene was so ******* good. Bale was so damn intimidating, and I feel like this is a perfect example of why he nailed the role. He was terrifying, and he scared criminals into giving him info. This is who and what Batman does.

I can’t wait to see these shots lit and edited with the cape added in.

So do the bits of red tape/marks indicate that the cape will be added in post?

It's disappointing to me that the cape won't actually be there when he's driving the cycle. The visuals of Nolan's cape flapping with the bat-pod were beautiful.

I like it. Not too big of a jump from the current batsuit either.

Apart from the fact I’d like them to keep the collar that design is perfect for V2.

I'm still curious about the forearm gauntlets and what the objects on them serve. Like are they meant to be grapnel lines or darts or something similar?

This is pre-batarangs and gauntlets. I think the straps that look like guantlets will influence him to come up with those. And in suit 2.0 he'll probably move to using batarangs.

Upgrading suits is so common place nowadays so it's kinda appropriate to think it will. It may even be "break-down-able" and/or easily upgradable.

I know it's only the stuntman, but there's an image of one of them with just the suit underneath the armor. Idk if that will be shown in the film, but with Reeves going for this industrial look, we may see Pattinson in that (just in the Batcave, not in the streets) as well as the full on armored-up suit (I'm pretty sure that shot of him in the Batcave has the armor on).

And if we do see it, it may speak to the customization and adaptability of the suit, among other things.

Datrinti designed a more sleeker v2 suit:

122826265_157999455992262_2929349306583303797_n.jpg

I'm really digging that.

this actually looks close to what the nolan movies were going for -- if basing off their concept art for batman begins.

Datrinti designed a more sleeker v2 suit:

122826265_157999455992262_2929349306583303797_n.jpg

I'm really digging that.
No thanks. Honestly, it is too hi-tech and sleek for this world. Although I am perfectly happy with them evolving this suit over the trilogy, I really don't want them to lose gritty and homemade aspects completely. Also, I hate what they did to the cowl and how they changed the ears. The longer, straight ears are one of my favourite features of this suit.

I hope the current suit will progress over time, but I don't want my heart to be set on that idea.

Honestly, I hope we don't get wholesale new suits, but piece by piece upgrades of this particular suit. I loved how Reeves described Batman's suit telling a story at FanDome and how it shows the lessons he has learned and I want that to continue. For instance, keep the base bodysuit the same, but maybe in the next film, he gets a new set of more traditional, bladed gauntlets and/or a new utility belt. Or he replaces the cowl's mask with something a little less crude and it has the more traditional pointed nose as a result.

Why isn't he on the batcycle? The skinny back tire and seat aren't on the regular bike. Is this Bruce's bike?

Yes, it is Bruce's undercover civilian bike that we saw in the first scene shot and in the trailer. During the Chicago shoot, we see Bruce rideup and meet Selina in his civilian undercover outfit (including a massive backpack) and then Batman is seen riding off with Selina on the same bike. There is a good chance they meet up, Bruce changes into the Batsuit he has in his backpack, and then they ride off together.

No thanks. Honestly, it is too hi-tech and sleek for this world. Although I am perfectly happy with them evolving this suit over the trilogy, I really don't want them to lose gritty and homemade aspects completely. Also, I hate what they did to the cowl and how they changed the ears. The longer, straight ears are one of my favourite features of this suit.

Honestly, I hope we don't get wholesale new suits, but piece by piece upgrades of this particular suit. I loved how Reeves described Batman's suit telling a story at FanDome and how it shows the lessons he has learned and I want that to continue. For instance, keep the base bodysuit the same, but maybe in the next film, he gets a new set of more traditional, bladed gauntlets and/or a new utility belt. Or he replaces the cowl's mask with something a little less crude and it has the more traditional pointed nose as a result.

You mean like how The Mandalorian went like a Mega Man X route? First he gets a new pauldron and whistling birds. Then he gets a whole new cuirass. Then he gets the jetpack :D. I totally dug how that was handled in Season 1.

You mean like how The Mandalorian went like a Mega Man X route? First he gets a new pauldron and whistling birds. Then he gets a whole new cuirass. Then he gets the jetpack :D. I totally dug how that was handled in Season 1.

Yes, kinda. I like the overall idea of that progression a lot, but I would NOT want any moments like in episode 3 where after getting the first couple pieces, Mando just got a whole new suit of beskar armour. I would still like to keep the majority of the base suit from this film and then upgrades some parts here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"