The BATSUIT Thread

Yes, kinda. I like the overall idea of that progression a lot, but I would NOT want any moments like in episode 3 where after getting the first couple pieces, Mando just got a whole new suit of beskar armour. I would still like to keep the majority of the base suit from this film and then upgrades some parts here and there.

So something more piece by piece rather than in Dark Knight where Lucius just gives him a whole new suit after the opening act?

So something more piece by piece rather than in Dark Knight where Lucius just gives him a whole new suit after the opening act?
Precisely. Another example would be Aragorn's costume from the Lord of the Rings. He has the base Strider costume in FOTR. In Lorien, he adds the Elvish cloak. Then, after Boromir's death, he takes his Gondorian vambraces. In the Two Towers, he adds a mail shirt under his tunic for the Battle of Helm's Deep, but keeps it when they go to Gondor. Then in ROTK, he adds Anduril. The base costume stays the same, but he has added bits and pieces over the trilogy that assist his mission and which reflect the journey he has been on. Make sense?

For all the straps and buckles on the suit, the boots are pretty plain and boring imo. Ironic because I think its the one piece that looks really cool with buckles, the way Lee Bermejo draws them. Would have fit this Batsuit well.

dc-comics-statue-batman-damned-by-lee-bermejo-76-cm.jpg

Upgrading suits is so common place nowadays so it's kinda appropriate to think it will. It may even be "break-down-able" and/or easily upgradable.

I know it's only the stuntman, but there's an image of one of them with just the suit underneath the armor. Idk if that will be shown in the film, but with Reeves going for this industrial look, we may see Pattinson in that (just in the Batcave, not in the streets) as well as the full on armored-up suit (I'm pretty sure that shot of him in the Batcave has the armor on).

And if we do see it, it may speak to the customization and adaptability of the suit, among other things.

I hadn't considered it, but yeah, that could be an interesting angle. Specialized suits haven't really been a major thing in the movies to date, despite showing up semi-regularly in the comics. A more modular suit design would be one way to enact a "specialized batsuit" without needing to quite go "Giant closet full of improbable alternate uniforms". Especially if the pieces are visually identifiable as to their function.

Datrinti designed a more sleeker v2 suit:

122826265_157999455992262_2929349306583303797_n.jpg

I'm really digging that.

This version better works within a stylized, hyperreal setting like the Snyderverse, which I also like. But the efficacy of Reeves' more practical take on the mythos relies on things of this nature looking a little less polished or comic-booky perfect so to speak.

The suit will not evolve into something that is super fashion or over the top.

his armor will change and probably his logo too but never we will get something thight and overly designed.

plus I really like that his mask has no human feature or emotion for once, Except the eyebrow which help darken the eyes. I think they look exactly like keaton’s cowl eyebrows in Batman 89.

No defining feature molded in angry mode all the Time.

I even think this will help Pattinson delivering different emotions as the Bat.

I'm one of those who don't want to see the suit being upgrade to something sleeker. I could see the gauntlets and logo being refined, but that's all.
I like the homemade/patchwork feel of it and can see a gritty comicbooky vibe in it, that I wouldn't want to loose.

Last edited:
45 mins of screen time of batsy fastening his boots one buckle at a time please.

Hah, indeed.

I am not a stickler for strict realism. However, I do want suspension of disbelief to try to meet me halfway. I'll believe your costume ( which probably requires several hours and multiple assistants to don in reality ) is something the hero can slip on and off in minutes. . . *if* you don't front-stage elements of the costume that draw huge attention to "How hard is this to put on?"

What is that even from

Gothams final minutes.

If i remember correctly, there is a picture out there where a stuntman or so wears it, and it looks actually quite decent there.
What made them think putting a 14-15 year old into that suit, i dont know.
The angle, light...everything made this look so much worse.

Gothams final minutes.

If i remember correctly, there is a picture out there where a stuntman or so wears it, and it looks actually quite decent there.

Tbf he was 18. A small 18 but still.lmokvgrvkpj51.png

Tbf he was 18. A small 18 but still.View attachment 39433

Really? Wow, i never get the ages of "child" actors right...he didnt seemed like 18.
Well he still looked very childlike.

The left one looks pretty cool, i have become a fan of batman with a collar in recent years, i dont know why.
The Right one looks decent enough to have worked for one shot...i dont get why they used the worst possible shot in the show then.
The angle and the light made it look so dumb, its a shame since the suit actually has potential.

45 mins of screen time of batsy fastening his boots one buckle at a time please.

Hah, indeed.

I am not a stickler for strict realism. However, I do want suspension of disbelief to try to meet me halfway. I'll believe your costume ( which probably requires several hours and multiple assistants to don in reality ) is something the hero can slip on and off in minutes. . . *if* you don't front-stage elements of the costume that draw huge attention to "How hard is this to put on?"

Lol, the boots are a weird place to draw the line when you consider the rest of this Batsuit...

Not to mention it wasn't a problem for Cap.

e2548ddb8ed8c16a6a880df938aa6d8d.jpg

That's literally worse than cosplay. You can go to conventions and see better Batman costumes. I thought that was a joke the first time I saw it.

Yes, I've totally seen better cosplay and convention costumes than this.

Heck, I was at a Guinness Batman event hosted by DC Entertainment and there was an in costume Batman performer there dressed as New 52 bats who had a better costume than this.

Last edited:
Gothams final minutes.

The picture is actually from the stuntman.
That's how bad the suit is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"