The BATSUIT Thread

Rob's grapple gun, revealed by Prime1 Studio:

zJabV7j.png

lSSW9en.png

Last edited:
It’s Batman’s prototype suit and once it gets destroys, he makes a new one. I haven’t seen it in action but I saw a few pictures taken by someone who was putting it together.

It’s extremely similar to Spider-Man’s SHIELD suit from the ‘Far From Home’ movie last year. The material is very similar, being a sort of tactical padded fabric material. There’s way less straps and extra details on the batsuit compared to the Spider-Man suit but the material and look is very similar.

It’s grey, with full black gloves extending to his forearms and black boots. The symbol is no longer metal and lacking ears, it’s a more “classic” version of the symbol on the first suit in the film. The cowl is made of a higher quality material than the leather of the first cowl. The ears are medium-to-long length and the mouth opening is much smaller. He no longer has the collar. (I think he might have the white eyes too)

The utility belt is a bronze-gold faded color, and it’s more pouch than the futuristic metal type belt of the Nolan films.

E2NwhvJWYAA545t

Hmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't read too much from these visuals honestly.
Those are mostly third party renderings, made from a bunch of production stills, which can often took liberties from actual movie designs. Artists are trying to style what was given to them and when it comes to Batman, well, the white eyes are kind of a gut thing to do, so...

Now, if I really wanted to guess something from here, I'd be rather intrigued by that odd eye shape the artist used. It almost looks like Batfleck's lady glasses. Truth is, he probably just lazily traced the eyes openings on the mask...

PS: if this Batman ends up wearing racing goggles, that would crack me up. :funny:

Last edited:
Did anyone see that weird iPhone case or something and it's a picture of Batman on a white background and it just says ALFRED in all caps.

I'm pretty sure its official merch it just seemed weird though.

Still absolutely hate the suit. All I want to know if there is a second suit in the movie... I will be shocked if there wasn't...

Still absolutely hate the suit. All I want to know if there is a second suit in the movie... I will be shocked if there wasn't...

I wouldn't count on it, at least not in line with the idea of this suit only being onscreen for the opening parts of the film and then replaced for the rest of the film. And even if there were a second suit, why would anyone expect the suit to suddenly change from the style we've seen so far into "straight out of the comic?"

The template for the overall visual style of this iteration of Batman is in place. I don't doubt there will be other suits down the line, but whatever comes will be on the building block of what we're seeing here.

E2j8mBkUYAUsBy2

Concept suit by Unmasked Studios. Not even gonna lie, this looks very close to perfect to me. Just change how the cape's attached to how the official suit does it, drape the cape over the shoulders Arkham style and I have no real complaints with that.

Last edited:
They have different ideas, but in the elements they share Battinson's suit succeeds much more than TDK suit does. At least here the armored plates don't look like a fancy plastic jigsaw.

E2j8mBkUYAUsBy2

Concept suit by Unmasked Studios. Not even gonna lie, this looks very close to perfect to me. Just change how the cape's attached to how the official suit does it, drape the cape over the shoulders Arkham style and I have no real complaints with that.

I appreciate wanting to evolve the suit to being slimmer and more streamlined, but I really do not want to see more sculpted muscles.

I appreciate wanting to evolve the suit to being slimmer and more streamlined, but I really do not want to see more sculpted muscles.

Agreed, but I'd be accepting of those ones just because they're subtle enough to not really be too blatant. I'd rather have them not there period, though

maxresdefault.jpg

I would LOVE a golden logo in the future films.
I think it would a very fresh mix between the idea of the symbol as a target and the return to the golden logo from 80s-90s movies.

Also, I am not a huge fan of a too armorized suit, so I hope they won't go in the direction of Arkham games suits.
I think it could be interesting to leave the armour as it is now and cover it with "clothes" in cotton, just like the legs part in the suit Battinson has now.

The final effect may be, in this case, more similar to comics (and to soldiers!) but without the muscles sculpted or the BvS suit, which was a little weird to me.

What do you think?

View attachment 48044

I think it would a very fresh mix between the idea of the symbol as a target and the return to the golden logo from 80s-90s movies.

Also, I am not a huge fan of a too armorized suit, so I hope they won't go in the direction of Arkham games suits.
I think it could be interesting to leave the armour as it is now and cover it with "clothes" in cotton, just like the legs part in the suit Battinson has now.

The final effect may be, in this case, more similar to comics (and to soldiers!) but without the muscles sculpted or the BvS suit, which was a little weird to me.

What do you think?

I can't say I'm a massive fan of the golden logo. Rebirth style golden outline, however, could be really damn good if done right.

As for the suit's general aesthetic, I've always held the belief that it should be armor that doesn't look like conventional armor. Bruce wants to spread fear, as Batman. By having a suit that is very obviously just kevlar, that takes away from that aspect because it's obvious that it's just a human being wearing a suit of armor. However, he's not idiotic enough to run around in spandex and risk some random punk stabbing him or getting a lucky shot off and that's it for Batman. Something inbetween makes the most sense. The BvS suit's texture was actually great for that, as an example. I hope they go in that rough direction more and more as Batman gets closer to his "prime self"

View attachment 48044

What do you think?
Not a fan of the golden logo, either. But it all depends on the execution.
As I said before, I like Battinson's suit and it perfectly matches the realistic/gritty/tactical direction The Batman is taking. But BvS/JL finally brought the comics cloth-like suit to the screen and I loved it so much. With a few changes it could be the direction for future Batsuits, and that's my hope as we know this Batman will keep evolving.

I just saw the new trailer. I like the suit but I'm still not sure about the cowl. The previous solo Batman movies had much better ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"