The BATSUIT Thread

I miss Wizard. I still have a huge stack of old Wizards at my parents house. I might have to get a few issues next time I'm over there, and just read through them. That'll bring back some memories.

I sent in my fan art one time, and it got published. I'll have to try and find out what issue that was. I think that was back in '94-'95? :hehe:

It would be kind of cool if they could incorporate the white eyes. It's done well in Deadpool although it blatantly obvious it's done with CGI. That said, I know the argument against using white eyes is that you lose the emotion the eyes can convey. Plus, I think actors at the end of the day hate wearing masks which is funny because they know what they are signing up for. It's ridiculous how many scenes are of the character with their mask off unless it's a major battle scene. The Avengers are pretty bad followed by Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man. He spends more time with his mask off than on in this two movies.

I wouldn't mind them revisiting some of Aronofsky's Year One concepts, either.
Batman-Year-One-Concept-1.jpg

It's not bad but I'm not sure I would even use that as an alternate costume in a video game

Looks good to me as a drawing, not sure how it would look in live action without it being spandex.

Just wanted to shout out to one of the great underrated cbm’s that had a suit that fit the era perfectly -
p3828.jpg
I'd like to visit the alternate reality where Joe Dante stayed on this movie and made it with Bruce Campbell as Kit Walker.

Thing is... for me especially it seems like we are all expecting something different from what we’ve seen before - in my mind at least I am expecting to see a suit that is more theatrical.. that the bat man aspect when seen through the perps eyes is raw, like a B horror movie of types. That his mind is his greatest weapon and he’s still fine tuning that... I just can’t see this being a polished super hero movie! I get ‘dark man’ vibes.....

I wouldn't be mad at a little Dark Man in there. Kind of an interesting full-circle in that Dark Man was really part of that wave of pulp hero movies that came after Burton's Batman.

Thing is... for me especially it seems like we are all expecting something different from what we’ve seen before - in my mind at least I am expecting to see a suit that is more theatrical.. that the bat man aspect when seen through the perps eyes is raw, like a B horror movie of types. That his mind is his greatest weapon and he’s still fine tuning that... I just can’t see this being a polished super hero movie! I get ‘dark man’ vibes.....
This sort of thinking is why I would really like to see a Batman movie made as a black and white film. Have a movie where the Batman is truly a presence in the shadows. In a perfect word, you would not be able to see what the particulars of his costume truly are. There would just be an outline...a hint of what is really there.

This sort of thinking is why I would really like to see a Batman movie made as a black and white film. Have a movie where the Batman is truly a presence in the shadows. In a perfect word, you would not be able to see what the particulars of his costume truly are. There would just be an outline...a hint of what is really there.
That would be amazing. I prefer Logan Noir to the theatrical cut, and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for a Batman film.

Exactly.... spot on! Batman really needs to be as much of a mystery to the audience too - almost as if we have Bruce narrating his thoughts to us (similar to Rorsarch) when we see the batman peering down at criminals and as Craigaat said, we just see his outline a lot fo the time... he needs to feel like a beast up there, prowling... it will then really show us just how frightening he is to the lower level criminals esp....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"