The BATSUIT Thread

A lot of the shape and especially ear-length of that Kilmer cowl is so perfect. Would love to see these elements show up.

I'm surprised to see so much support flaring up for a return to an all black suit. It wouldn't be my first choice, but honestly as long as it looks great and suits the tone and vibe of the movie, I'm game for almost anything.
Yeah, that cowl is a thing of beauty . I'm more for an updated Keaton/Kilmer esque suit in black and gray , using cloth for the bodysuit...but a modern ,all black suit done right wouldn't be a problem

The Keaton/Kilmer suits look way more theatrical and aprt of the urban legend, illusion of the bat man... to me... Bale's just looked like a modified military outfit in the sequels and made him see like a man out on the streets.

Batman has to have a weird vibe to him... it's what makes him scary.

It's like the classic reeve suit on superman, it's goofy but you know damn well you can't do anything to stop him, unless you have a green rock.

Which is why they are so contrasting and cool.

Over with marvel, all their suits pretty much look militarized - only spiderman looks like the real 'super hero' - even tho now he is iron spider etc. I like how DC have heroes that wear costumes for appearance and protection.

I've seen a few people today celebrate B89's 30th anniversary by dragging it for the suit's lack of movement.

It's put me in a bit of a troll-y mood.

Let's go back to rubber. :o

I've seen a few people today celebrate B89's 30th anniversary by dragging it for the suit's lack of movement.

It's put me in a bit of a troll-y mood.

Let's go back to rubber. :o

B’89 and TDK are still the best Batman movies IMO.

*ahem*

tumblr_mzl44qS3BM1rrkahjo2_250.gif

dieqllb6wb631.png

Just saw this on Reddit and now I'm going to be disappointed if it doesn't look exactly like this.

It's not. It's lazy and pathetic. It's completely possible to make a cowl that looks good and can move, much more difficult things have been accomplished.
I think - like with Spider-Man and black panther the suit should be tweaked with cgi... to hide unnatural folds or creases, which is why I feel the neck at the very least needs to be in sections - similar to tdk and tdkr then smoothed out. I mean - marvel smooth out their suits a lot of the time.. so it’s not a new, abnormal thing!

But is it best? Also, It'd be a darn hard hing to measure something like that. and of course taste vary...

The cowl and the cape should be very much on the side of theatrics - it needs to look organic whilst protecting his head - a cape, it can't get in the way so needs to be practical, but can also be used for flame ******ant, self defense etc
The body suit underneath, that's what will protect his vital organs. Also, we have to believe that what we see works... for the BvS suit, it just looked so stiff and bulky, the cape looked like it weighed a tonne.. An updated Batman returns style suit would work best for me.

My idea for the suit is to have it be largely cloth based but have a scene where Batman gets a knife slash to the chest and it reveals armor underneath. Not something the actor would need to wear all the time but it establishes that the suit it somewhat protective.

My idea for the suit is to have it be largely cloth based but have a scene where Batman gets a knife slash to the chest and it reveals armor underneath. Not something the actor would need to wear all the time but it establishes that the suit it somewhat protective.
That's really all you need to establish the suit's practicality. A similar presentation was done in B89 with Batman's first scene.

Nolan may be credited for answering many questions regarding the suit design, but they were questions no one was really asking either.

That's really all you need to establish the suit's practicality. A similar presentation was done in B89 with Batman's first scene.

Nolan may be credited for answering many questions regarding the suit design, but they were questions no one was really asking either.

I’d almost rather they have less armor/protection this time around. Batman being 100% protected from knives and gunfire makes practical sense but like in the BvS when he gets shot in the head it kind of deflated tension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"