Days of Future Past The best group of core x-men Ever assembled on tv or film?

NJCaliboi

Civilian
Reaction score
At this point we've had multiple fims to go along with multiple cartoons featuring the X-Men. Which has been your favorite group of X-Men to date?

Be clear not to take into consideration the quality of each project- this poll is solely focused on which team of mutants u most prefer. If you are a Cyclops, Storm, or Wolverine fan then you have the luxury of being able to chose any option since those three characters have been present on every team- although on some projects some were featured more than others.

For obvious reasons I didnt include Days of Futures past- that would no doubt be the clear favorite. I just noticed I left off the first X-men movie but that was a more scaled down group of core characters, still meant to include them.

I was too lazy to look up the characters they were all from the top of my head so apologies in advance if I forgot a mutant or two.

My favorite three X-men are: Storm, Gambit, and Emma so for me it was between X-Men Animated series or Wolverine & The X-men cast. My love of Gambit won out...

I love Wol and the Xmen and the animated series. Xmen shows have been great!

The X-Men Animated Series line-up was definitely the best. Though it could be my nostalgia for the show is biasing my decision.

X-men the animated series introduced me to X-Men so there is a nostalgia there i admit

i remember also seeing 1 episode of the pride of the X-Men cartoon, i think it was only 1 episode ever made of it though, but anyway it had wolverine with an austrailian accent

I voted Wolverine & The X-Men then I realised it doesn't have Jean in the line-up! But, still, it has Emma as the resident psychic so I can live with that!

Last edited:
I've always had a soft spot for Evolution and there was a real sense of progression in that series that the other animated series didn't have.

Animated because it gave each character development in their own stories.

Wolverine and the X-men. It is more modern, more new characters. And of course Emma Frost

The Last stand team. The movie handled them poorly but I like the combination

Weird. I'm a Jean Grey fan, yet I'm picking WatX. I just think it had a great roster and made good use of them all.

TAS for me. As much as I love X2 (favorite movie) I'm not a fan of Iceman nor Pyro.

If the first X-men movie was on here that would've been my second choice.

X-MenJimLeeCartoon1990s_zps5b075a6b.png

With Xavier of course

[YT]wZAhqEiq4cA[/YT]
One of my dreams is to see this realized in live action movie.

Hmmm...if X-men Blue Strike Force was a choice here this would've been more interesting (in that it would be harder for me to pick).

Edit: Scratch that. This is a comic book line up, the thread/poll called for TV/Film.

Last edited:
I've always had my view on the core 4 team players. Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Wolverine. They cover all aspects of fighting. It's my default team in video games ever since X-Men Legends. But if I had to choose from the above options, it's be TAS roster.

Weird. I'm a Jean Grey fan, yet I'm picking WatX. I just think it had a great roster and made good use of them all.

Wolverine and the X-Men is my pick for best animeted use despite

No fan of emma frost on X-Men
WOlverine as leader
Cyclops out of character
Little use of Jean Grey
Xavier Is only really used In future

but it's use of Shadowcat and the feel of show and it use of serialation.Plus
The roaster goes through changes.Plus it shows you can use rogue without ms marvel powers and better version of Days of future Past storyline than 1990's show.

No jubilee and no Gambit-Rogue are major pluses over 1990's show for me.

Wolverine And The X-Men

Not the popular opinion but character wise....Emma Frost>Jean Grey.

Last edited:
Each of the teams presented as options have something different to offer.

The First Class line-up could have been interesting had Darwin stuck around. But it's not a line-up anyone would really want to see again probably.

The Last Stand doesn't have Cyclops, so that's a fail. X2 is fine if we miss out Pyro, who left anyway.

Pride of the X-Men has Dazzler but no Jean. Would love to see Dazzler sometime though!

The original X-Men Animated is great but I'm not overly keen on Jubilee. Same goes for Evolution, but it's Spyke i'm not keen on.

Wolverine & The X-Men is great, though Jean had a limited role (and is absent altogether in the names given next to it above!)

Wolverine and the X-Men, primarily for the terrific Logan/Hank relationship that was reminiscent of Kelsey and Hugh's onscreen chemistry.

X-Men The Animated Series had a great roster but it had 3 of my favourite X-Men omitted from the line up, Iceman, Colossus and Angel/Archangel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"