Days of Future Past Which X-Men "Cast" (Team) should FOX give priority to?

It's hard to say which cast I prefer, myself. Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan are favourites of mine and excellent actors. But, the younger versions of them are also awesome. I prefer Rebecca Romijn's Mystique to Jennifer Lawrence's, though. The movie versions of Iceman, Rogue, and Storm annoy the heck out of me, so I would prefer not to see them.

In the end, I would prefer the cast of X-Men: First Class, with additional characters. I've seen enough of Wolverine.

difficult? really?

is as easy as callimg them, making them sign the deal, and thats it, they wont have any other choice than to do the movie, and the other companies will have to work on their agendas.

Fox decides the Shooting first, and the rest will have to deal.

Thats how it is, lol

:funny:

Clearly you have absolutely no clue how contract negotiations work. I don't even work in the entertainment industry and most of the contracts I've dealt with take longer than that and are far more complex.

It is not as simple as calling them and signing on the dotted line. When an actor signs a contract with a studio they are making a commitment for a movie (or multiple) to be released within a certain amount of time. That means they have to rearrange their own personal schedules and a lot of times pass up on other potential projects (some that could even be better career decisions then their original agreements) because they are already locked into previous contracts.

So no, it's not as simple as calling them and asking them to come back. Not to mention, I would highly doubt an actor whose already done four movies as one character with one studio would want to commit to doing 3+ more.

What would be the point of signing an actor(s) back for just one film?! Especially if said film is suppose to be building up your own universe to compete with another large studio. That's not smart business.

Usually though, when movie stars are heading into TV series it kinda means that their major film careers are over.

I'm not worried about Halle Berry doing TV. If Extant goes big and if it gives her Emmy nominations, its gonna be good for her career. And we know there's so many TV stars that go back to movies after their hit TV show ended.

Plus she has a big film next year.

Usually though, when movie stars are heading into TV series it kinda means that their major film careers are over.

I'm wouldn't say that's the case, especially in this situation. Truth is, she's had a great year with The Call and Cloud Atlas in 2013. In addition, Halle is still in production on other films for 2014 beyond Days Of Future Past. Besides, Extant is not her first rodeo on television: she starred in Queen and Introducing Dorothy Dandridge which won her Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards. Throughout her career, she has sprinkled television series in with her big film roles consistently since the 1990s.

However Extant looks to be a pretty major career move for her considering the scope of the network's audience reach.

In addition, Halle is still in production on other films for 2014 beyond Days Of Future Past.

I had a look on IMDB out of interest. There's one 2014 movie that's listed as delayed. Beyond that, there's nothing other than the TV series.

I had a look on IMDB out of interest. There's one 2014 movie that's listed as delayed. Beyond that, there's nothing other than the TV series.

Do you feel that the iMDB listing better validates your point that her television series is a sign she's being put out to pasture?

It doesn't. :cool:

She's been cited as working on other film projects besides Extant; there are least two films I've read that she was in talks/negotiations for. I can't remember the titles off the top of my head. But both were slated for 2014. The point is, Halle has always done television and film simultaneously and I expect that trend to continue in her case especially after the box office success of the The Call earlier this year.

Do you feel that the iMDB listing better validates your point that her television series is a sign she's being put out to pasture?

It doesn't. :cool:

She's been cited as working on other film projects besides Extant; there are least two films I've read that she was in talks/negotiations for. I can't remember the titles off the top of my head. But both were slated for 2014. The point is, Halle has always done television and film simultaneously and I expect that trend to continue in her case especially after the box office success of the The Call earlier this year.

Well, I go by cold hard information. She might be in negotiations but unless it's confirmed and listed it's a tad nebulous.

I'm not saying BTW that Berry will never ever get to do another movie again. I'm just saying that a major film career is probably behind her. Hollywood is not that kind to women as they approach 50s. And yes she's done quite a bit of TV from what I can see, but I can also see that most of it was before 2000, i.e. before she hit big time in the movies. In between 2000 and 2013, she's done only one TV movie. Was it a coincidence that she mostly left TV behind in that period? I don't think so.

Last edited:
Well, I go by cold hard information. She might be in negotiations but unless it's confirmed and listed it's a tad nebulous.

I'm not saying BTW that Berry will never ever get to do another movie again. I'm just saying that a major film career is probably behind her. Hollywood is not that kind to women as they approach 50s. And yes she's done quite a bit of TV from what I can see, but I can also see that most of it was before 2000, i.e. before she hit big time in the movies. In between 2000 and 2013, she's done only one TV movie. Was it a coincidence that she mostly left TV behind in that period? I don't think so.

This year alone saw the release of at least four films for Halle Berry--both independent and wide releases. The Call was a major financial success and she carried the entire film as the lead. Critics raved about her multi-layered performances in Cloud Atlas. So, why on earth after such box office and critical success would she suddenly stop pursuing a film career now? Clearly the offers are still coming her way. It'll be 2015 before some of the projects she's been slated to do will be out.

I agree with you that Hollywood is not fair to women who are in the 50s range. But the fact that Halle still has a plate that is clearly full is hardly a sign of a career slowing down. With weekly exposure on television her star profile is only going to expand nationally. Much of this has to do with her looks; she still looks amazing and Hollywood is sexist enough to bank on that for as long as they can.

I'm sure if DOFP became a big hit next year. more studios will take notice of Halle Berry!

This year alone saw the release of at least four films for Halle Berry--both independent and wide releases. The Call was a major financial success and she carried the entire film as the lead. Critics raved about her multi-layered performances in Cloud Atlas. So, why on earth after such box office and critical success would she suddenly stop pursuing a film career now? Clearly the offers are still coming her way. It'll be 2015 before some of the projects she's been slated to do will be out.

I can see only two films for 2013. One of which was a bit part in Movie 43, which was trashed by the critics and didn't set the box-office on fire either. The Call was a success, true, but moderate rather than major IMO. It's no My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I think it just mostly surprised people that it performed as well as it did (domestically at least, I don't know what it's done internationally), when the expectations for it probably weren't all that high.

And sadly, Hollywood is full of amazing-looking women in their late 40s and 50s who don't get much in the way of great roles. While Tom Cruise gets love interests played by 30-year-olds.

Last edited:
I can see only two films for 2013. One of which was a bit part in Movie 43, which was trashed by the critics and didn't set the box-office on fire either. The Call was a success, true, but moderate rather than major IMO. It's no My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I think it just mostly surprised people that it performed as well as it did (domestically at least, I don't know what it's done internationally), when the expectations for it probably weren't all that high.

And sadly, Hollywood is full of amazing-looking women in their late 40s and 50s who don't get much in the way of great roles.

How did we even get on this topic? I'm trying to back-track to where it had any relevance to the original conversation? :funny:

I don't want Halle Berry as Storm going forward. There. I said it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"